I knew there was something I had to do... Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristie said:
I want U2 iPod.

How much does that thing run for? If it's anywhere near where I think, it'll be a cold day in hell.

$350. But I put it on my credit card to pay a little bit at a time :)

I just said to myself, "DAMMIT! I need a portable music player!" I've got WAY too many cds to haul around and there are just some times when you need to hear a particular song.

Plus, I've only heard good things about the iPod. :)

So there... that's how I justified the lay out.

My boss told me today that she's not allowed to write letters of recommendation. I have no one else to ask. I have no idea what I'm going to do. :sad:

Can you ask any profs?

Merc said:

b) Hadn't bought my plain white iPod a few months ago :shrug:

Let us know when you get it, ok?! :D

I almost bought one before there was even a rumor of this U2 thing. I'm glad I didn't.

And of course I'll let you know!

I also splurged to get the thing overnight shipped... but it doesn't even ship until the middle/end of November (around the same time as the album).

OMG. I just got really excited to think that the album and my iPod could both arrive on the same day. :hyper:

/stops with the iPod talk

u2bonogirl said:

Yay, they finally shut down the KFC in my town.
again
:|
at least they actually got rid of the giant supposed-to-be-spinning bucket this time:huh:

That reminds me of this one time my mom and I were staying in a hotel in Oklahoma and we went for a little walk. Sitting next to the dumpster was one of those giant spinning chicken buckets. Like someone had just decided to throw it out with the trash.

We laughed about that stupid bucket for much too long a time... :D

Im hung over. again. this is getting to be really annoying

Um... stop drinking? ;)

I would like an iPod, but what's the point w/o the new iMac G5 to go with it? :drool:

imac_threequarter_0804.jpg

Just got my copy of the 'Black Book' magazine... :D

hippy said:

That reminds me of this one time my mom and I were staying in a hotel in Oklahoma and we went for a little walk. Sitting next to the dumpster was one of those giant spinning chicken buckets. Like someone had just decided to throw it out with the trash.

We laughed about that stupid bucket for much too long a time... :D

Um... stop drinking? ;)

:lol: thanks for the advice.
to tell you the truth, with how little i sleep i feel hung over even when i havent touched a drop:huh:

I always hated the bucket.
it never spun
as far as i can remember(and i have lived in the same town for 19 years)
the fucker NEVER moved an inch!
this is like the fifth time the KFC has had a bad inspection too.
this time its permanent though. now all the mexicans that live right next door to it can open a restaurant! i love mexican food:drool:

I am betting that as soon as i have the money i will be getting a u2pod
Ive been wanting an ipod for a few months because i also have waaaaay too many CDs to carry around and my poor little minidisc player is not cooperating anymore. the feckin program you need to make minidiscs is tweaking out with new cds because of antipiracy acts or something.
kinda blows when you bought the damn cd, want to listen to it at work and your system shuts down on the computer because of it.
if we had a faster PC i would just stick to iTunes and buy 10$ albums
instead i buy a 15$ album and get fecked

hippy said:

Can you ask any profs?

Well, I have one prof that's the lady I work for (...I'm supposed to be working now, heh) and she loves me, I already asked her... and then another prof that I had for a few classes but never talked to, he's really nice and he'll write me a nice letter.

Problem is, I'm one of those kids that don't talk during class. Ever. So half the professors I've ever had don't even know my name. I'm going to talk to my boss's boss and see if there isn't something that can be worked out. She's a bitch though. I might just have to start schmoozing with two professors I have now... :sigh:

at least I'm poor enough to get a waiver for the GRE fees. Stanford also waives their application fee if you have a GRE waiver. Hey, I just saved myself $215!

Maybe if I get it up to $350 I can justify the iPod...

Kristie said:
Problem is, I'm one of those kids that don't talk during class. Ever. So half the professors I've ever had don't even know my name.

at least I'm poor enough to get a waiver for the GRE fees. Stanford also waives their application fee if you have a GRE waiver. Hey, I just saved myself $215!

1. Me too! I have also found that it SUCKS for recommendations. I'm like "yeah, uh, pretend you know me and don't write bad things..." There are like...maybe 3 professors I've had that remember my name, and one is my advisor so he'd better.

2. I wish I was smart enough to go to Stanford for Grad/Law school. Kristie if you go there you have to go visit my grandparents. :tongue:
Or rather, I'll have to visit them/you. :D

I think my aunt lives in San Francisco.

I figure, if I can apply to Stanford for free, why the hell not? Plus they have a nice looking archaeology program. Problem is, I can't say "Stanford" without puffing out my chest and using a fake academic accent. Or "Yale" 'cause I'm applying there too.

:ohmy: my teachers always remembered me!
i either got kicked out all the time or was really good friends with them.
i am one of those students that doesnt stop talking and cracking jokes......

im in a motel in portland tonight so i can fly out tomorrow!!

So uh, I suppose having a bowl of cheddar cheese soup was a bit optimistic for someone who's mildly lactose intolerant :huh: Yay for having to miss the first day of a class and having to figure out how the hell to take a PoliSci exam w/o being sick. :barf: :yawn:

Lactose intolerance is really how people should be. Most animals shut off the lactose digesting stuff after they're weaned. The highest prevalence of lactose intolerance is in people descended from cultures that don't drink milk, eat cheese, etc. 99% of Asians are lactose intolerant.

mmm, cheese...

I had a test on lactose intolerance once.
Today I had a test on Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, and general Protestantism. It was really easy.

general Protestantism, muahaha, don't say that w/in earshot of my grandpa...

I hear only 1/4 of the world's population can digest milk, so I think you are right about lactose. But I love cheese.

So one of my "last semester offered while you're here" classes only has one space left and I don't register until tomorrow. :|
And I have to take a senior seminar. Hooray me and 14 seniors (Did I complain about that already?).

Tomorrow is payday. :hyper:

Direct deposit :dance:

closed classes :down:
Somehow going "you have to let me iiiiiiiiiiin" at the computer isn't helping. :shrug:

is there a waiting list?
waiting lists suck, though

I always sign up for more classes than I need and end up dropping one or two. I like to keep my options open.

Yeah, I filled out an appeal form. They're like "oh, he said he was willing to let more people in than that, you'll probably get it."
Good, there were only 12 spots to start with, I hope there aren't only 12 people a year who make it all the way through this department...
Kristie, did you say Kevin Dougherty (which I probably spelled wrong) had been a TA for one of your classes? He's teaching this one.
I'll just be like "PURDUE! PURDUUUUE!! Let me in the class!" :D

In other news, I appear to have stopped going blind, so hurrah for that! I went to the eye doctor and he's like "wow, there's been all of NO change since last year."
Which is odd since my eyesight has been not-so-slowly degenerating since like 3rd grade.
Anyone know what legally blind consists of? Cause I bet I am without glasses/contacts.

And hurrah for Friday! :dance:

fah said:
I have to work tonight :|

:hug:

I have to work tomorrow night :|

We had a halloween party for the senior citizens at the rec center today. I had about 14 that actually came in costumes, which is really great! :hyper:

The party went well, except for when I turned around to see one of the seniors leaning over the box that held a few of the halloween decorations (most of them I had put up, but a few I left in the box because I was lazy :reject: ). It took me a few seconds to realize he was, um, getting sick :barf: My first though, "That's not a trash can!" :no:

He's okay (thank goodness), but I have to get a new halloween box :lol:

*bump*

I am SO EXCITED for the election tomorrow.
Just because I'm soooo sick of election propaganda from both sides, I'm ready for it to be OVER.

...plus I've got my Election Dance :dance: or my Election Sad Face :sad: already warmed up depending on who wins :wink:

I need to get back to work.
:hyper:

"Once every four years an event comes along so important even we can't phone it in."
"Our chance to mangle election results before the Supreme Court does."

:heart: The Daily Show :heart:

Our local newspaper usually puts out a "here's everyone running for office" thing in the Sunday paper before an election, but this year they appear to have just put out "here's who we say you should vote for." :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom