I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as long as the song is on ITunes first thing in the morning, i'll be happy. though, i'm sure someone will hook their radio up to their computer and record it anyway.

He wasn't talking about posting it here. It is on his music blog. Here's the link for you.

The Music Geek Blog - Explore Music

Dana
Thanks! :D
So, that's it, huh? I was hoping for something like "It would be a really stupid move for radio stations not to release it soon because U2 is releasing it for free on their site like Coldplay did with Violet Hill, and you should probably beat them to it," but that was, admittedly, wishful thinking.
Thank you, Alan. Thank you for crushing my dreams. :sad:

(It's okay, Alan. We still love you. :wink:)

"Get On Your Boots" is at least better than "Sexy Boots", imo...I think we won't bother about that when we get to listen to the proper track. I think it'll fit the context, hopefully. Can't wait.

My brother is a big U2 fan, although not the kind that sits around on interference looking for news updates...

I told him the new single is called GOYB and he said "That's about the cheesiest title for a song I've ever heard."

I argued that if he didn't know what the content was he would say the same about Zooropa, Zoo Station, MOFO, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The Playboy Mansion, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car...etc.

But that was still his first reaction...

Yeah, I think the title is pretty lame too.

I told my mom (who also likes U2 a lot) and she just laughed at the title and made a joke about it.

I think with a single title that lame, U2 are making themselves easy targets for people that want to discredit them.

My brother is a big U2 fan, although not the kind that sits around on interference looking for news updates...

I told him the new single is called GOYB and he said "That's about the cheesiest title for a song I've ever heard."

I argued that if he didn't know what the content was he would say the same about Zooropa, Zoo Station, MOFO, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The Playboy Mansion, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car...etc.

But that was still his first reaction...

I think those (except Horses) were probably supposed to be a little clever/ironic/witty. I'm betting Bono think Get On Your Boots is a totally awesome name for a song :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the title is pretty lame too.

I told my mom (who also likes U2 a lot) and she just laughed at the title and made a joke about it.

"Hey mom, U2 is still releasing music after 30+ years! They have a new song coming out, and it only took them 5 years to record it!"

"Wow, it had better be good then."

"You're telling me."

"What's it called?"

"Get On Your Boots."

"Get On Your Depends? Really?"

All I know is: come Monday, EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE STANDING ATOP THEIR BOOTS.... since the title tells us to get on our boots.

I think of that song every morning I'm actually putting on my boots and I love it. I think it's a tongue-in-cheek title, a little unusual gramatically, but certainly not a crap title. You cannot judge a song by its title anyway, many great songs have shitty titles, but when you hear the song and it's good the title doesn't matter.

Our biggest radio station has been hyping the premiere on monday for a week now. :drool:

wow finally get on your boots are coming.:drool:i'm so exciting that tonight i'll give my best.

Nope! All I care about is what I think of the song, everyone else can hate it for all I care! :wink:

What other people think of the song won't impact what I think of it. So in that sense I "don't care" what other people think of it.

At the same time I do care what other people think of it because I take a kind of pride in seeing my favorite band succeed. I'd like to see this album get praised by critics, and go on to sell boatloads of copies.

So while other opinions won't impact what I think of the music itself, I hope other people like it so that it is a successful and respected effort from a band I love.

:wink:

What other people think of the song won't impact what I think of it. So in that sense I "don't care" what other people think of it.

At the same time I do care what other people think of it because I take a kind of pride in seeing my favorite band succeed. I'd like to see this album get praised by critics, and go on to sell boatloads of copies.

So while other opinions won't impact what I think of the music itself, I hope other people like it so that it is a successful and respected effort from a band I love.

:wink:

How long you like U2? You'll soon be bitter and twisted like me and not give a damn what other people think :lol:

Seriously though, I do agree with what you are saying, I do get all excited and feel like a mother hen towards them at times, but having my leg pulled about some on Bono's escapades over the years it get's a bit like water off a ducks back. Quite simply U2 are like Marmite, you love em or hate them. And I love them despite some tracks/or Lps that I would deem complete Turkeys :ohmy:

It is more then possible that NLOTH will be available in the Netherlands on februari 27. Some sites are advertising the availability on that day. Bol.com for instance is a site which sells a lot of foreign books and cd's (I play guitar and I bought my RHCP tablature books from that site) and they have NLOTH on the 27th. Let's hope this is true so I have all weekend to listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom