Hype for NLOTH is starting to sound like another % ".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LastEdgeOnEarth

The Fly
So now our boy The Edge is coming out saying this record is very "raw and rock and roll '09"( as opposed to "rock n roll '04"). This after almost 2 years of hearing this record will be a "departure ala Achtung Baby", right up until these recent comments from Edge.

I'm starting to worry the hype has been 100% MIS-LEADING. Remember how mis-led we were about % "? Hearing things like "punk-rock on Venus" and "our guitar record" and then FINALLY hearing it and realizing by "Miracle " that it wasn't at all. Oh yeah that was some BLAZING guitar on "M&W" and "One Step Closer" and "Yahweh"!!!

I remember Edge saying the last record had Zeppelin influences(LPOE). I don't want more LPOE.

I really hope this original hype is accurate. But I am beginning to believe that the record I'm going to hear is more like Edge's recent "raw rock" comments and nothing like their 2 years worth of "departure" comments.

I really need to stop reading about the album before I hear it, because the 4 band members and their prodcuers never know how to describe the music we will hear. They don't know what the hell they're talking about, let's face it.

Hopefully we'll get to hear the first % which I've already made up my mind sounds better than *, but maybe not as good as @...

Hopefully we'll get to hear the first % which I've already made up my mind sounds better than *, but maybe not as good as @...

:lol:

I've tried like heck NOT to read into much about the new album, from past experiances all of the HYPE never really matched the end product.

I really need to stop reading about the album before I hear it

I am scared of another HTDAAB. I don't believe anything they say anymore. Every record since AB is the greatest. I remember Bono once saying the Popmart tour was going to walk all over Zoo TV. That was a joke.

He hasnt posted much, and I doubt reacting to him this way is going to encourage him.

Theres not really much need to be this way with people at all. Whatever point you or them are trying to make. :down:

He hasnt posted much, and I doubt reacting to him this way is going to encourage him.

Theres not really much need to be this way with people at all. Whatever point you or them are trying to make. :down:

fair enough, but if you seriously believe there are not enough redundant NLOTH threads around here already then I don't know what to tell you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom