How about some Randooziedooziedoooooom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mom Update: She is home now. Will have to see yet another doctor that is calling to set up an appt for a test. On top of that we had to pay 70.00 for a new prescription and thats AFTER insurance. :scream:

After a week of working...going the the hospital....working....going to the store at midnight I have an evening out with CF.

Kariann said:
Mom Update: She is home now. Will have to see yet another doctor that is calling to set up an appt for a test. On top of that we had to pay 70.00 for a new prescription and thats AFTER insurance. :scream:

After a week of working...going the the hospital....working....going to the store at midnight I have an evening out with CF.

I'm glad she's home!

You definitely deserve a night out on the town. Go have a few pints!

:huh: I don't know what the hell got into me but somehow in the last 45 minutes I've managed to do more in my apartment than I have all week. :der:

I had a shorter afternoon than I thought I would today. My grandpa was not his usual self. He was talking about how he won't be around forever. :( I hate when he says that crap. He didn't want to go out so I had to pick up stuff and bring it back. Usually he's on the front step waiting for me with his cute little grandpa hat and jacket on. This time he was in the doorway in his grubby old sweats and slippers. :( After we ate we went into the family room to see if the Gophers were on TV. They weren't on TV so he took a nap.

My mom just called. The cheesecake was a hit. My aunt loved it so much that she requested I make it as one of my 5 Thanksgiving desserts. I can't believe the big deal that was made about it last night because it was "flat." My mom told me just now that the recipe is a keeper. :der: :madwife:

mmm beer and pretzels :drool:

Glad your mom is home, kariann and have a good time with CF
and
happy the cheesecake was a hit, arw.

Kariann said:

Glad to hear your Mom is home :up:

Enjoy your night out :)

arw9797 said:
My mom just called. The cheesecake was a hit. My aunt loved it so much that she requested I make it as one of my 5 Thanksgiving desserts. I can't believe the big deal that was made about it last night because it was "flat." My mom told me just now that the recipe is a keeper. :der: :madwife:

:up:

1 of 5 desserts....what are the other 4?

~willing to taste test and offer nothing but praise~

Kariann said:

Glad to hear Mom is home. :hug: That's insane about the prescription.

Have fun with CF! Watch out for deer and birds!!

kellyahern said:
Arw, did you rub it in? I would have :shifty:.
yeah, me too. And I would continue to do so EVERY DAMN TIME the dessert was served. "Remember when you made a big deal about this?" Because I'm a grudge-holding brat like that.

fah said:

1 of 5 desserts....what are the other 4?

~willing to taste test and offer nothing but praise~

I always make a pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie, apple pie, and a cheesecake. The last few years I've made just a basic pumpkin because that's what my grandpa asks for. The times I've strayed from the traditional pie to something a litlte more funky he didn't eat it. I'm sort of stuck making a boring pumpkin pie or listen to him whine about the lack of one. :( The chocolate pie is boring too but everyone likes it. It's just a mousse base with whip cream and chocolate sprinkled on top. The pecan, apple, and cheesecake are always a little different. I really wanted to do something with cranberries this year but it sounds like my cheesecake was just picked today. That sort of leaves it open for me to do something different since I'm not sure I'll need an actual apple pie. For the last few years I've made an open apple pie with a butterscotch topping. So I think I want to make something in place of apple but I also don't want to get into trouble with any of the family by removing anything! :eek: I wonder if I could find a cranberry pie of some sort and how that would go over with them.

:reject: are you sorry you asked?

This is last year. That's a blueberry cheesecake....boring! I think my brother requested that one.

100_1953.jpg

100_1955.jpg

Schmeg said:

yeah, me too. And I would continue to do so EVERY DAMN TIME the dessert was served. "Remember when you made a big deal about this?" Because I'm a grudge-holding brat like that.

I'm saving it for Thanksgiving night when everyone says how beautiful it is. It was never a question of taste with her last night, just the presentation. I should have told them to take a picture of it today :mad:

I'm watching a show on Food Network (yes...shocking, I know :rolleyes: ) and they are at diners around the country. St Paul has one they are featuring. :cute:

:shifty: The first guy they interviewed said "ya" and "Minnesooooootahhh." :heart:

kellyahern said:
I want to go to arw's house for Thanksgiving :drool:.

Come on over! There will be 2 :cute: one month old baby boys being passed around this year. They just might show me up and take away the after dinner spotlight I usually get!!! :grumpy: ;)

Pretty soon it'll be like that all the time (a house full of desserts, that is) and I cannot wait!!! :yes:

I've had A LOT of caffeine tonight. :uhoh:

:| I have a huge pile of CRAP on my floor that I don't know what to do with :scream: I'm really amazed at how much stuff I packed up tonight. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all that junk laying around. :huh:

those desserts :drool:!!!!!!!!!

I am decorating a wreath for a present and I have a picture in my head of what I want it to look like ...............do you think I can get it to look like that tonight :crazy:

arw9797 said:

I'm saving it for Thanksgiving night when everyone says how beautiful it is. It was never a question of taste with her last night, just the presentation. I should have told them to take a picture of it today :mad:

Yes, I want to see a picture! :D

Observation:
When Kelly posts after Amanda, you get a complete Edge with HUGE feet!

Kariann said:
I really should check on directions for later today since I'm driving and take a shower. I also need to go get a couple things for my mom and wanted to get some gummi bears for our mini road trip.
mmmmmgummi bears...:drool:

Where are you going?

Target or no Target? I feel like it's an excuse to not clean but on the other hand I'm going there to get more storage containers for things I refuse to put in a storage closet in just a box. If I stay then I need to move onto another room and leave this one. :hmm: I'm almost done with everything in the living room so I guess maybe I should just finish it up before moving to another room.

On another note, is it ok that my arm still hurts from getting a flu shot over a week ago? :huh: I don't remember ever having anything like this before. My whole upper arm still aches.

:crack: :shocked: I did not go to Target and I cannot believe the last two hours.....first of all, I just listened to Please live for two hours without even realizing that I had iTunes set to replay the same song over and over and over again. I went through my gigantic box of bills and other crap that needs to be shredded or tossed out. My dad is going to shred most of the stuff for me but I still had to go through it and take out all of my credit card statements. :yikes: No need for him to see those. :no: I cleaned out two drawers of junk, a storage container of junk, and filled up two garbage bags. :crack: I can't believe it's 1:00. I have one more hour of work and then I have to go to a family party. I'm on a roll and tempted to not go :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom