Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trevster2k said:
The rail at this event will probably hold more people than filled the ellipse in an arena. There is the inside of the ramps and the outside of the ramps along with the front of the main stage. Of course, you may not get the exact spot where you want on the rail. Rail also guarantees the being the last thing the sway of the crowd hits before the barriers.

Maybe people will walk in a 630pm and see everyone huddled around each headphone.:wink:

You never can tell!!! :wink:

But again I don't want crappy rail either.

LOL!

Lila64 said:
I guess everyone has an idea of where they might want to be. Sounds like a lot want the b-stages :shifty:

I have yet to make up my mind.

An easy way to decide is the height of the stage: a) if the height of the stage is like it was in Dublin then B stage

b) if the height of the stage is like it was in Monterrey where it was like an arena show view, I have no idea!!

For me, I just want to be the first GA section, in the middle of the party. If you don't like singing the chorus, jumping up and down, shouting, yelling and screaming. Don't stand next to me.

Liesje said:
Auburn Hills was REALLY strict and they are surrounded by highway, so there were lines formed off property that moved on as late as 2pm. We won't get into how (NOT) well that went down...

That was a disaster. But worth the trip for me! :D

You did the line the second night too....in those loverly yellow rain pants! :lol:

skjuls said:
dude, I know that.

Geez. I was saying that most of her goodies was probably due to KLM.

I have practically flown on most airlines.

European ones are better than ours. In fact, Maleev is better than some of ours, Czech is better.

I was on the MSP to HNL flight in April. Bored out of my mind.

Anyway, I usually love to fly. I have been on some scary flights too. A Russian airline from Bulgaria to Cairo. Scary!

No offense meant...just making sure people have the correct info!

Best Airline hands down: Emirates!

trevster2k said:
For me, I just want to be the first GA section, in the middle of the party. If you don't like singing the chorus, jumping up and down, shouting, yelling and screaming. Don't stand next to me.

:dance:

Just don't stand in front me of :wink:

zoney! said:

No offense meant...just making sure people have the correct info!

Best Airline hands down: Emirates!

Tis ok! I get it. Thanks for making sure we're straight on the airlines.

Emirates.... hmmmmmmmm

so they beat Singapore!!!

My first flight was on a huge ass plane in 1979 to Okinawa.

I should ask my dad what type of plane it was.

My dad knows planes. He annoys me. He's retired Air Force and can look at a plane in the sky and say what type of plane it is.

skjuls said:

Tis ok! I get it. Thanks for making sure we're straight on the airlines.

Emirates.... hmmmmmmmm

so they beat Singapore!!!

I am in the industry...my grandfather was in the industry. I have been surrounded by airplanes my whole life. Sounds like you have been there too! :yes:

We have seats for the show. this is my first trip to Hawaii and I did not want to bother with GA for the short amount of time we will be there. we will be just left of the stage in the "gold circle" (are they still calling it that...or was that just a "elevation" deal? I have had GAs for all of the other shows I went to except vegas and boston).

u2bydsea said:
I booked this trip last minute to catch the U-Jam show on the 9th. When I booked flights and bought a ticket to the show I didn't realize it would be extrememly difficult to find a reasonable place to stay on Oahu. I was too excited to think about it. Everything that is still available is upwards of $100 per night. I will be there by myself until the 13th (arriving on the 9th). Does anyone have any advice or perhaps even extra room to share ? Or even if someone is in the same situation I am would they like to share something.

Any advice would be great - thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

Forgot to add - I am 33, male, from Vancouver.

trevster2k said:
SOME NEWS

Preface: Please don't overreact by showing up at 8pm on Friday night. :wink:

Our local contact in Hawaii spoke with the stadium events manager who explained that the arrangements for the GA line have been made.

People will be able to line up as early as 6pm on Friday night. :rolleyes:

The lower Salt Lake Boulevard gate will be open for cars and vehicles and then people will proceed to park in the lower Halawa parking lot before lining up on the passenger bridge to wait for Gate 1 to open.

Restrooms will be open, snack bars will be open and security will be there.

There ya go. Special thanks to Eileen for getting us this info.

Yes! PTL! Amen! I'm feeling better already!

Here in Dallas, we were very lucky to have one Mobil gas station on the corner. The restroom line went almost out the door the whole day, but I know they made a killing on their food and drinks. If it weren't for them, we'd be peeing in the bushes.

u2bydsea said:

Forgot to add - I am 33, male, from Vancouver.

Depending on your flight commitments, you might want to fly into a different island and just take an inter island flight the day of the show. This wouldn't solve your hotel situation the night of the show, but you would have a roof over your head the remainder of your trip. I just looked today for lodging on Kauai and there are decent hotels for under $100 a night.

FYI. The ArizonaGuy (a quiet forum lurker) will be departing Phoenix on the 6th, heading home Sunday night the 10th.

US Airways, on an America West plane for now, is frustrating. The PHX - HNL non-stop return route is more expensive than routing me PHX - OGG - HNL and home HNL - LIH - PHX. Riduclous, but I get to spend long layovers on other islands wandering a bit.

I'm fortunate in that I have a friend living in Honolulu for a while longer yet. I'm just glad I'm not in the middle of the possible hotel problems that seem to be creeping up. I sincerely hope nobody ends up completely stuck with no place to stay that weekend. At least closing time is 4am, you can always party late!

My friend and I will do some Friday night scouting of the stadium and decide whether to camp out or show up really early Saturday morning instead.

I'd offer floor space but A) it's not my place to do so and B) having been in my friend's tiny flat before, I know there is literally no space left available after I crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom