Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit you guys! :rant: I was sooo hoping I'd make it home after work and a couple errands only to have missed...yet again....THE BIG NEWS of 2nd show announcement. Blasphemy! I really wanna be a big U2 piggy like Miro, but then we WILL be in Hawaii and we CAN have a big party. :love:

tryan101 said:
its like a mirror, looking in a mirror.....
Speaking of which, it's the talk of a second show that's keeping us from getting a second show! If everybody thought there'd only be one show, all the singles would get bought up by now. But since everybody knows U2 wants to add a second, people who still want tickets will just wait and get a pair on night 2, instead of singles on night 1. Also, they probably figure they can get much better seats at the second show, instead of settling for the few remaining upper deck seats at night 1.

Dammit some more. Now there are pairs available again for night 1, down in the orange even.

Double damn, now GA's are showing up again! How the hell is this show ever supposed to sell out if they keep releasing more tickets to the damn thing every single day! :mad:

cleazer said:
Dammit some more. Now there are pairs available again for night 1, down in the orange even.

Double damn, now GA's are showing up again! How the hell is this show ever supposed to sell out if they keep releasing more tickets to the damn thing every single day! :mad:

Well I just picked up a GA so I'm tryin' to do my part... :wink:

Unsure if I will use the GA or the seat I already got, a lot will depend on if there is a second show as I'm not going to do two straight days of GA...

I hope if they DO put a second show on, they do it when I'm around, going to Chicago for a couple of days in February for work and then am visiting my sister in London for 10 days a couple of days after that...

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:
Unsure if I will use the GA or the seat I already got, a lot will depend on if there is a second show as I'm not going to do two straight days of GA...
That's exactly the same reason I got both seats and GA's!

I'd love to be in GA's for the final show. So if they do 2 shows I'll sit for night 1 and have a nice view of the lights and effects, and then stand for night 2. If there is no second show, then I'll probably use the GA's I have right now.

Pop Artist said:
I hope if they DO put a second show on, they do it when I'm around, going to Chicago for a couple of days in February for work and then am visiting my sister in London for 10 days a couple of days after that...
The way this first show has gone, I'm sure you won't have any problem at all getting tickets to the second show! Sadly, there will still be a thousand seats available a week after it goes on sale. GA's too, if this first show is any indication.

cleazer said:
That's exactly the same reason I got both seats and GA's!

I'd love to be in GA's for the final show. So if they do 2 shows I'll sit for night 1 and have a nice view of the lights and effects, and then stand for night 2. If there is no second show, then I'll probably use the GA's I have right now.

I was planning to do the opposite! I used a friend's code to get GAs for the Apr. 8th show anticipating a show on the 9th when I planned to sit and enjoy...... GA in my old age is exhausting and I am so claustrophobic in crowds! This is feeling quite sucky about now! :|

must.adjust.attitude. :huh:

The only thing Maleko from Star 101.9 shared with us tonight is that the major concert announcement scheduled for Monday has nothing to do with U2.

I have a feeling the big announcement is about the Rolling Stones. Oh yeah...announce that and let everyone spend
their money on OVERLY PRICED TICKETS in my opinion,
rather than invest in decent price tickets to see U2 not one show but TWO. Pffffttttttttt!:grumpy:

ETS Niteout Luau $49.95

U2 Tribute Luau - A NITE OUT to remember!
Friday, January 13, 2006
With the amazing Vertigo 2006 winding to a close in Hawaii, we just had to plan something big.

The ETS U2 Tribute Luau is taking place on Friday April 7th. This is your opportunity to gather with other dedicated U2 fans from around the world to enjoy a moment where the authentic Hawaiian luau meets the unforgettable fire of U2!

Featuring fun, frivolity, entertainment, prize giveaways (including ellipse wristbands), food, and live performances by one of the world's foremost U2 tribute bands, this will undoubtedly become another precious U2 memory to last you a lifetime!

The U2 Tribute Luau is a free inclusion with all Aloha Express flight programs and other select packages. Plan to attend!

ETS clients attending the Luau will be offered an advance ticketing opportunity for their U2 show.

Aloha! Aloha! We'll see you at the Luau!

:hmm:

Well since they are using the stadium stage set up as they used in Europe this summer, with the sort of headphone shaped A and B stages.....they could easily block that off and use the pit right in front of the stage as said "elipse".

I'd rather have two shows than an elipse. :sad:

It sure would be schaweeet if something were announced before Monday. Each day that goes by and seeing more tickets coming available on TM I am really struggling with staying positive about it, ya know? :wink:

I thought the part about the wristbands was interesting too as for most of their other Nite Outs they never advertised them outright like that to my knowledge by I'm no ETS expert.
Of course they might just be giving out a wristband that allows you into the inner circle without waiting in the GA line.

Jaytee from Star 101.9 reports "that the U2 show is almost sold out. Do you want to find out about a 2nd show? I do too-we're supposed to get details soon"

I'm sure you'll be able to stay positive Carek - you get to see U2 in Hawaii! That is just so awesome! It's an amazing opportunity, and I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Carek1230 said:
It sure would be schaweeet if something were announced before Monday. Each day that goes by and seeing more tickets coming available on TM I am really struggling with staying positive about it, ya know? :wink:

We all know there are always tix for "sold out" shows released later, I dunno why Honolulu is letting them out in dribs and drabs now rather than just doing a later drop like most every other show. :|

Nightsong said:
I

Jaytee from Star 101.9 reports "that the U2 show is almost sold out. Do you want to find out about a 2nd show? I do too-we're supposed to get details soon"

Sure the wristband part is interesting.....I'm more interested in this last quote! You actually HEARD that? When? Spill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

Carek1230 said:
What exactly did you have in mind, and who are these 50-100 people you are referring to?

There has been a number of threads under Tours and Hawaii date(s) where you can feel free to post.

I´m sorry if I didn´t post in the correct place. I´m new here and searched for posts about fan meetings in Hawaii and could not find any.

The 50-100 people I referred to are U2.com Zootopia members who are going to Hawaii for the concert(s). It is difficult at this moment to give an exact number. We are planning meetings, excursions and were also thinking about something to do for the band, like the 'Thank you' in Portland. We thought it would be nice to coordinate between Interference, U2.com and @U2.com fans.

I´m quite busy organizing things for the Zootopia (U2.com) people, and do not have time to go through all the posts here and at @U2.com, so I was thinking that we might have a contact person from Interference. That is, if you want to join in organizing something. At this point we are gathering ideas, but do not have anything concrete yet. We just wanted to contact you here in the early stages, unlike in Portland, where it was at the last moment in the GA line.

We´ve setup a Yahoo group for Zootopians:

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

You will see similarities with your Yahoo group, because Trev who is in our group is also here at Interference, and he told me that he liked the Yahoo group that I had setup :)

Miroslava (who started this thread here), are you the one next to me in Portland at the front row? :)

Take care,

Hans

hans444@u2.com

Last edited:
Thanks Hans.....I am sure you will hear something rom the group here shortly....things have pretty much quieted down for the night. Check in tomorrow!

Thanks!
Karen

Hey Hans, trev here aka niteforce_98, welcome to interference:D

ETA and yes I have been two timing interference, I'm a trashy whore.:flirt:

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

Sure the wristband part is interesting.....I'm more interested in this last quote! You actually HEARD that? When? Spill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

I was typing the part about the wristbands when he said it :) I'm really not putting too much into it though- doesn't seem like they have any more reliable info than we get. And when they do have info, someone else breaks the news first :)

But I'm outta here for tonight, here's hoping we get a drivetime morning announcement!

22.gif

icon_tiptoe.gif

:shifty:

You are soooooooooo funny Lila!

:wave: G'night Nightsong, let's hope you are correct about tomorrow....we can stay positive for another day or so, right? :wink:

I'm off to bed also....goodnight, all! :yawn:

Dodo47.gif

Last edited:
cleazer said:

WOW, cleazer!!!
You're getting a lot of GA when checking.
I'm going :ohmy: each and every time.
But when I go not a single GA shows up.

You're right about pairs being available again in the orange (1st) level (HH row 22 just came up for me).

I thought we were nearing the end this morning when only singles in the highest rows (lowest I saw was section H row 11, all others were at least row 15) showed up.

Guess I was wrong.

Could have something to do with double clicking / double orders, cancellations, wrong credit card numbers or not enough available credit, that tickets that were suppose to be sold if everything went correctly, are now being released, 'cause something went wrong.

:shrug:
Don't really know what I'm talking about.
Just my mind running away with me.
Probably a wise idea to go to bed now.
Seeing what time it is and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom