Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on activities organized in the Zootopia Yahoo Group:

HAPPY HOUR:

April 7th, 4 PM, Tiki's Grill! Location: Waikiki, map @ tikisgrill.com/about/index.html
Price: $16 if you sign up before March 26!
Don't miss it, sign up in the poll:
launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/surveys?id=1482842

Traditional Lu'au:

Lu'au on the beach Sunday April 9th from 5pm-9pm.
Approx $55 per person >21 (slightly less if <21 or child). Price may go down, depending on group size.
Organized by Malia, a U2 fan who works in the tourism business, in Honolulu.

The Lu'au includes:

• Traditional ceremonies
    Interactive entertainment
    All-you-can-eat Hawaiian food
    3 free drinks 21+
Transportation available from Waikiki (hotel pickups OR own transportation DEPARTURE TIME from Waikiki would be approx 3:45pm-4:15pm).

Interested? Even if not, please indicate interest in order to get best group rate:
launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/surveys?id=1501509

More information in the Zootopia Yahoo Group:

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

Have a good day!

Hans

>>Traditional Lu'au:

Approx $55 per person >21 (slightly less if <21 or child). Price may go down, depending on group size.

The Lu'au includes:

Traditional ceremonies
3 free drinks 21+<<

What time will dinner be served, I have a 10pm flight out on the 9th, maybe I can squeeze this in?

STING2 said:

They may It looks as though they have opened up potentially another 6,000 seats just in the stands. If they are willing to add the same ratio of tickets for the field, this might mean up to 5,000 more GA's on the field.

Potentially, they may be attempting to stuff another 11,000 people into the show, for a total attendance for one show of 46,000. It will definitely be easier to sell 11,000 more tickets than it would be to sell another 35,000, especially since none of the new tickets are at the $165 dollar price.

Has anyone heard an official word that they've added a certain number of GA tickets? I think its premature to assume they're cramming x more thousand people in GA. It could be a couple hundred or less coming back from ETS or some other promoter. That's my hope at least.

hans444 said:
Update on activities organized in the Zootopia Yahoo Group:

HAPPY HOUR:

Traditional Lu'au:

groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

Have a good day!

Hans
In addition to my previous post, please email Malia in the Yahoo Group, or me (hans444@u2.com), if you have any questions. If you are in Zootopia, you also pm me at: hans444

Hans

Is the Aloha Bowl switching from the baseball field to football field format? I checked TM and they are selling section M, which is behind the stage. Anyone know?

tryan101 said:

Has anyone heard an official word that they've added a certain number of GA tickets? I think its premature to assume they're cramming x more thousand people in GA. It could be a couple hundred or less coming back from ETS or some other promoter. That's my hope at least.

That's what I would think... there are fire codes to meet and all that. So I agree that the extra GAs are more than likely ETS releases, TM cancellations AND probably some new allocations. The seats in the other sections are a different story of course.

hans444 said:

If you didn't receive your TM tickets yet, you are possibly going to wait until March 28 if you don't call them to complain. I called last week to complain and (pretended to) get angry, so they immediatley sent out an alert to the printing department, and I had my tickets in my hands 3 days later.

Now that was only 2 of the 4 purchased tickets. So, I phoned again today. They had no idea why it had not been printed yet. Again, they sent an alert to the printing department and I will have my ticktets in some days.

With TM you really have to complain, if you don't, you can wait for very long.

Hans

yeah, I called but wasn't angry enough and they told me that "they should come soon" and to call back after March 10th if I still don't have them...

As long as I know that I will eventually get them, it's all good!

o93hc9.jpg

COOL!

Traditional Lu'au:

The Lu'au includes:

• Traditional ceremonies
    3 free drinks 21+
Transportation available from Waikiki (hotel pickups OR own transportation DEPARTURE TIME from Waikiki would be approx 3:45pm-4:15pm).

Wow, all you can eat Hawaiian food + 3 free drinks with entertainment and traditional ceremonies! This is a good deal for only 55 dollars. Hawaiian food is not cheap.

russmadem said:
I posted several days back there would not be a second show, and several people (quite understandably) wouldn't believe me since I could not prove it to their satisfaction. I have a friend on the crew and he was told (I believe on Feb. 7) there would only be one show. At this point in time it is a dead issue according to him. So let's worry about planning our trips and enjoying the last show of the tour,

You have been absolutely correct about there not being a second show.

Yesterday in Sao Paulo, just before they opened the gates, I saw Craig Evans, the representative from TNA who travels with the band. I´ve spoken to him sveral times over the course of the tour and he confirmed to me that there will be no second show. He said they had considered it originally but had decided against it. He also said U2 will not be participating in the New Orleans Jazzfest, at least to the degree that TNA will not be involved in bring U2 there.

A little off topic but yesterdays show was almost cancelled, or more likely postponed, due to The Edge flying back to Los Angeles after Mexico City because of his daughters illness. The other 3 arrived in Sao Paulo on Saturday morning, while Edge arrived yesterday around 5am.

Oh no:sad: I hope Edge's child is ok. I will say a prayer tonight for the Evan's family.:(

I hope so too. I've been thinking about that a lot lately actually, I think since there's really nothing about Edge even participating in the Jazz Fest in NO. I hope everything is OK.

techfire said:
Is the Aloha Bowl switching from the baseball field to football field format? I checked TM and they are selling section M, which is behind the stage. Anyone know?
I think it's doubtful they're going to switch the configuration for the concert now. They just moved it into the baseball configuration and the local papers were reporting that they might just keep it that way permanently. It costs something like 15 grand to move it to one configuration or the other. There's talk of renovating and building VIP skyboxes for the Warriors home games.

Not to add more fuel to the fire, here's an article from todays Honolulu Advertiser...

Posted at 2:43 p.m., Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More U2 tickets released; second concert still up in air

By Derek Paiva
Advertiser Staff Writer

More tickets have been put up for sale for U2's April 8 show at Aloha Stadium.
According to stadium manager Patrick Leonard, an additional 1,000 general admission tickets went on sale through Ticketmaster on Friday. In addition, to those, just under 700 new reserve seats were opened up in Sections L, M, LL and MM.

General admission tickets are $49.50. Reserved seating is $165 and $95.

The concert's stage configuration was pushed further back to accomodate the additional tickets, said Leonard.

The new reserved seats, said Leonard, offer a side view of the stage; however seats in the lower sections are closest to the stage.

Still waiting for U2 to announce a second Aloha Stadium show? You'll still have to wait.

Leonard said there was still no word on a second show, and the manager couldn't say whether the release of additional tickets indicated that a second show was less likely.

"We're still optimistic about a second concert," said Leonard. "We just haven't heard anything yet."

Halup said:

You have been absolutely correct about there not being a second show.

Yesterday in Sao Paulo, just before they opened the gates, I saw Craig Evans, the representative from TNA who travels with the band. I´ve spoken to him sveral times over the course of the tour and he confirmed to me that there will be no second show. He said they had considered it originally but had decided against it. He also said U2 will not be participating in the New Orleans Jazzfest, at least to the degree that TNA will not be involved in bring U2 there.

A little off topic but yesterdays show was almost cancelled, or more likely postponed, due to The Edge flying back to Los Angeles after Mexico City because of his daughters illness. The other 3 arrived in Sao Paulo on Saturday morning, while Edge arrived yesterday around 5am.

the show was NOT almost cancelled or postponed! There is absolutely no evidence or proof of that--just because Edge didn't arrive with the rest of the band does not mean the show almost didn't go on! It's these kinds of rumors that put everyone in a panic. The good wishes for Edge and his family are such a great thing, don't get me wrong. I'm not objecting to that at all--it's just that I would imagine, if the situation were dire, he would certainly not be on tour. Let's give the rumors a rest.

Last edited:
ruffian said:

the show was NOT almost cancelled or postponed! There is absolutely no evidence or proof of that--just because Edge didn't arrive with the rest of the band does not mean the show almost didn't go on! It's these kinds of rumors that put everyone in a panic. The good wishes for Edge and his family are such a great thing, don't get me wrong. I'm not objecting to that at all--it's just that I would imagine, if the situation were dire, he would certainly not be on tour. Let's give the rumors a rest.

Good point Ruffian. In looking back at my post I realised I did not state that it was reportedly or supposedly almost cancelled or postponed. This was reported by Brazilian media, either by Globo TV or a newspaper, but as Edge arrived in São Paulo early on Monday, it was obvious he always intended to be there. I´m sure postponing the show(s) was only a worst case scenario if he did not arrive on time, but he easily made it with about 14 hours to spare. The Brazilian media, which is U2 obsessed right now, may have taken it out of context.

I only heard it second hand after getting back after the show. There was never any indication while waiting outside before the show that it may not happen that night.

Here's something interesting I found on the Honolulu Advertiser website. They changed the article from when you posted it topherchris9. Check it out, they deleted the part about moving the stage further back and also deleted the second show comments.
Notice there is now a statement from the co-promoter Live Nation. I'm guessing they (Live Nation) probably had a fit when they saw that the stadium is telling the press the stage has been moved back. Don't want to piss everyone off that already bought tickets! What do you all think?

More U2 tickets released for April 8 show

By Derek Paiva
Advertiser Staff Writer

More tickets have been put up for sale for U2's April 8 show at Aloha Stadium.
According to stadium spokesperson Patrick Leonard, an additional 1,000 general admission tickets went on sale through Ticketmaster on Friday. In addition, to those, just under 700 new reserve seats were opened up in Sections L, M, LL and MM.

General admission tickets are $49.50. Reserved seating is $165 and $95.

The concert's seating configuration was expanded to accomodate the additional tickets, according to a press release from Live Nation (formerly Clear Channel Entertainment), the show's co-promoter.

The new reserved seats offer a side view of the stage; however seats in the lower sections are closest to the stage, Leonard said.

Halup said:

Good point Ruffian. In looking back at my post I realised I did not state that it was reportedly or supposedly almost cancelled or postponed. This was reported by Brazilian media, either by Globo TV or a newspaper, but as Edge arrived in São Paulo early on Monday, it was obvious he always intended to be there. I´m sure postponing the show(s) was only a worst case scenario if he did not arrive on time, but he easily made it with about 14 hours to spare. The Brazilian media, which is U2 obsessed right now, may have taken it out of context.

I only heard it second hand after getting back after the show. There was never any indication while waiting outside before the show that it may not happen that night.

no big deal, it's just that we've been living with so much speculation about everything that we're all on the verge of becoming psychotic :wink:

ruffian said:

no big deal, it's just that we've been living with so much speculation about everything that we're all on the verge of becoming psychotic :wink:

There are some here who are beyond the "verge":wink:

trevster2k said:

There are some here who are beyond the "verge":wink:

:hug: i know, it's been a bit stressful...but as Miroslava has pointed out, meh, what's another day in paradise? I'm kinda fine with one show because I've never been to hawaii before...but it would be nice to know that it is definitive.

If Craig said it's a no-go, then I think that is pretty damn concrete. He's the big Clear Channel dude (along with his evil assistant Allison :madspit: )

I am happy with one show too but it isn't just another U2 concert, we will be the last fans to see the band until the next tour so it will be a defining moment in my concert going life.

can we be in front of you trevster? I bet you don't take shit from anyone :wink:

...and we being Maddy my 11 year old going on 12, and I

Lila64 said:
can we be in front of you trevster? I bet you don't take shit from anyone :wink:

...and we being Maddy my 11 year old going on 12, and I

Maddy can have my shoulders to see better, I'm nice like that. I was referring to the ticketbuyers of the recently released 1000 tickets, slackers.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom