Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tryan101 said:

*seriously doubts Miroslava is willing to wait to put gloves on first......

You'd be correct... they're not a requirement. They dont really need breaking in anyway, the leather is that nice :drool: and that's what sparring is for. :D

Is anyone still listening to Star? :hmm:

I gave up last week :sigh:

tryan101 said:
not much use, is there?

Nope... I downloaded that Augustana song already, and that was the only thing keeping me listening for a bit...

I do miss Hot Topic is Not Punk Rock though :lol:

All I know is that listening to Star 101.9 made me curious to visit Sandal Tree :drool: :drool:

:lmao:

I have a question that maybe those of you that travel frequently can answer.

We're flying Continental LAX to HNL and a co worker mentioned that we could get our hands on Presidents Club coupons to be able to use the airport lounges. I wasn't aware such a thing even existed, I thought you had to join these clubs and that the membership cards were non transferable? :shrug: Has anyone ever used such a coupon? I see them listed on eBay!

Thanks.

Called ticketmaster today and asked about my tickets. The rep said she had no idea why they haven't been mailed yet as they have been paid for. WTF are they waiting for?

BOCAGATOR said:
Called ticketmaster today and asked about my tickets. The rep said she had no idea why they haven't been mailed yet as they have been paid for. WTF are they waiting for?

thanks for the info...
did she say that she would mail it out immediately?
or just to wait?

bort269 said:

thanks for the info...
did she say that she would mail it out immediately?
or just to wait?

She said she would put some type of alert "flag" on them which would make them ship asap. She said I should have them in 5-7 days. I will update everyone as soon as I get them.

BOCAGATOR said:

She said she would put some type of alert "flag" on them which would make them ship asap. She said I should have them in 5-7 days. I will update everyone as soon as I get them.

cool!
I think I'll call too then!

thanks!

Just pulled up 4 GAs and let them go.

I was thinking this weekend about the release of the additional tickets in all price categories. Does anyone think the band released the tickets they usually hold back for the day of show sale? When (and if) these are gone the band will then add the 2nd show. What was the deal with the European shows - were there day of show tickets available at the box office?

I know I'm reaching here but clinging to hope for the 2nd show.

Don't know about the GAs, but the additional ENTIRE sections that have been released are probably just additions.

I bet you that total number of tickets sold will no longer be 35,000 as initially planned... probably more in the low 40,000s.

I really don't think a second show is happening. A few days ago I decided that it was just not worth stressing over it. :shrug: Easy for me to say, I know. I went to an obscene number of shows :reject: , but still...

southpaw, you and cleazer win the 'eternal optimist' award :) - I think all hope died when they didn't run with the momentum of the all the grammys and announce a second show. Sure wish I'll be wrong though...

weinerdog said:
southpaw, you and cleazer win the 'eternal optimist' award :) - I think all hope died when they didn't run with the momentum of the all the grammys and announce a second show. Sure wish I'll be wrong though...

Ha ha! Yeah, I guess I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of guy. I know the possibility of a 2nd show is bleak but I think someone earler posted a quote from the U2 organization about "it is a long way to go for one show" so we'll see. We have our plane tickets and hotel reservations and we will enjoy Hawaii. If it happens then it is just a bonus at this point.

Last edited:
bfloxng said:
Speaking of TM, tickets have now been released in sections L, M, N, LL, MM, and NN. Go figure.

Well if they're releasing N and NN (although I'm still only pulling up M), then M and MM (not to mention the Ls) have to be quite good. :hmm: (tries to hold self back)

Last edited:
I posted several days back there would not be a second show, and several people (quite understandably) wouldn't believe me since I could not prove it to their satisfaction. I have a friend on the crew and he was told (I believe on Feb. 7) there would only be one show. At this point in time it is a dead issue according to him. So let's worry about planning our trips and enjoying the last show of the tour,

bfloxng said:
Speaking of TM, tickets have now been released in sections L, M, N, LL, MM, and NN. Go figure.

I hope these sections are not obstructed view. They may have to move Larry out a little bit. They definitely won't be able to see the screens.

Originally, it was 20,000 tickets in the stands and 15,000 on the field. I noticed that there are 20 sections in the old seating configeration they were using prior to the Grammy's. That means there are about 1,000 seats per section. It looks as though they have opened up potentially another 6,000 seats just in the stands. If they are willing to add the same ratio of tickets for the field, this might mean up to 5,000 more GA's on the field.

Potentially, they may be attempting to stuff another 11,000 people into the show, for a total attendance for one show of 46,000. It will definitely be easier to sell 11,000 more tickets than it would be to sell another 35,000, especially since none of the new tickets are at the $165 dollar price.

Zootops have found out that there is no swapmeet on the 8th so we will be all by ourselves.

It looks like they aren't listing a color for the section M seats, so I don't think they'll be using the upper deck for those sections. I think the side-view seats will be limited to the lower level only.

bfloxng said:
Speaking of TM, tickets have now been released in sections L, M, N, LL, MM, and NN.

Kevin, how do you know that section L, LL, N and NN have also been released?
I keep on pulling up section M row 8.

cleazer said:
It looks like they aren't listing a color for the section M seats, so I don't think they'll be using the upper deck for those sections. I think the side-view seats will be limited to the lower level only.

Hadn't noticed yet that TM didn't have a color code listed with the tickets in the M section.
I was already wondering myself if these sections were being sold top to bottom or only the orange levels.
And I think you might be right, cleazer.

STING2 said:
Originally, it was 20,000 tickets in the stands and 15,000 on the field. I noticed that there are 20 sections in the old seating configeration they were using prior to the Grammy's. That means there are about 1,000 seats per section. It looks as though they have opened up potentially another 6,000 seats just in the stands. If they are willing to add the same ratio of tickets for the field, this might mean up to 5,000 more GA's on the field.

Potentially, they may be attempting to stuff another 11,000 people into the show, for a total attendance for one show of 46,000. It will definitely be easier to sell 11,000 more tickets than it would be to sell another 35,000, especially since none of the new tickets are at the $165 dollar price.

Based on STING2's numbers and the idea that only the lower level of these sections are being sold, I'd say 6 sections X 500 = 3000 more seats (35000 + 3000 = 38000). Release 2000 more GA's and you'll have the nice round total of 40000.

5000 more tickets to be sold already seems like a lot to me.
Might take a while to sell all of them.

By now we should be really happy if this concert is sold out by April 8th.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

Kevin, how do you know that section L, LL, N and NN have also been released?
I keep on pulling up section M row 8.

I spoke to TM. They offered me section L, MM, and LL, all row 16 or higher. There's a set of 3 section NN tix on eBay (quite comical, they way the seller tries to make it look like this awesome VIP seat). :lmao:

Of course, the screen is curved, so good luck seeing it from this angle (for those who care about such things)

o8iikm.jpg

(Now that's a crowd)

bort269 said:

cool!
I think I'll call too then!

thanks!

If you didn't receive your TM tickets yet, you are possibly going to wait until March 28 if you don't call them to complain. I called last week to complain and (pretended to) get angry, so they immediatley sent out an alert to the printing department, and I had my tickets in my hands 3 days later.

Now that was only 2 of the 4 purchased tickets. So, I phoned again today. They had no idea why it had not been printed yet. Again, they sent an alert to the printing department and I will have my ticktets in some days.

With TM you really have to complain, if you don't, you can wait for very long.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom