Hardly any "slow songs/ballads"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
Can we conclude that there's hardly any real slow-tempo ballad on this album?
I mean, from what we heard from the beachclips and songdescriptions...

1. No Line On The Horizon:
songsdescriptions tell that it's probably a (semi) rocker, more or less a little ambient. Depending on which version will be put on the album. + They wouldn't start of with a ballad.

2. Magnificent: we all know the beachclip (Only Love etc...) Great track but no ballad

3. Moment of Surrender: this thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/billboard-adds-some-extra-tidbits-192287.html says: "an electro-leaning track with an Eastern inspired scale in the chorus making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades"

4. Unknown Caller: regarding the beachclip & the Lanois clip great epic track, but not exactly a slow ballad

5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight: Upbeat pop track with distinct echoes of 60's era Phil Spector, particularly the moment when its chorus disappears into a wash of reverb. Centres around the line: "I'll go crazy If I dont go crazy tonight"

6. Get On Your Boots: first (uptempo) single

7. Stand Up Comedy:Edge - "Stand Up is just a great gutsy performance from everyone. Stand Up is a swaggering rock and roll song with a real groove.........there's some dirt in what your playing...............Yes, its totally unreasonable. If you're going to do a big guitar song I think you need to push it all the way. It started with a Moroccan rhythm and gone rock n roll."

8. Fez – Being Born: "experimental track", maybe even instrumental as I read in some posts here? Maybe a "pause" like TTTYAATW or OSC in the album

9. White As Snow: could this be the album's only, slow-paced track?

10. Breathe: from the beachlips and HQ clip we know that this has a "shuffle groove" and is probably a laid back rocker..

11. Cedars Of Lebanon: maybe a ballad?

What do you think?

Well you don't want to many slow ballads. My guess for the slower songs on the album would be MOS, FBB, WAS and COL. Thats four and more than enough for me.

Magnificent is a ballad for me.

I wish they'd include "Winter", but maybe "White as snow" is a ballad.

Who says Fez is an "experimental track"?

being born is probably mercy if you think about it, and fez is probably this album's city song (miami, new york) and just an instrumental leading into it. and im expecting singles with real bsides ala joshua tree.

No, not the Mercy discussion again. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to let go.

But I like the idea of two songs being blend into on.

I still think Tripoli can be in there.

Ok, but the theme of rebirth is something that appears in many of U2's songs.

Btw, the title says "Being born", not "Born AGAIN".

:wink:

is "fez - being born" related/in reference to that guy in the 70s show??

cast_large_fez3.jpg

YO MOMMA!

baby im born again

and again

and again

Actually, not a bad point. Besides the vague weirdness of the Billboard descriptions, we don't have anything to go on with this track. I really hope it's not Mercy--let that be on the "Zooropa" album they release in another 6-18 months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom