Billboard adds some extra tidbits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkill27

War Child
Just saw an article about the NLOTH track list on Billboard.com

What is interesting is the extra info that Johnathan Cohen mentions in regard to the album "Moment of Surrender" is described as "an electro-leaning track with an Eastern inspired scale in the chorus making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades" ....."Fez-being born" is also very experimental

"Sources say U2 recorded enough material with producers Lanois,Eno and Lillywhite for an entire seperate album but it is unknown if any of it will see the light of day"

"an electro-leaning track with an Eastern inspired scale in the chorus...

Now I'm f**king excited about MoS. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

"Electro-leaning track with Eastern-sounding chorus" actually sounds like GYBO based on the descriptions we've heard.

Crazy Tonight was described by both Q and RS as one of U2's poppiest ever tracks, being compared to The Sweetest Thing. And this guy calls it a "classic rocker".

Can't say for sure, but I think he fucked up.

I know I'll feel like a fool paying so much attention to these track descriptions after I hear the album. When I heard HTDAAB the tracks didn't turn out at all like I imagined them from the descriptions.

I know I'll feel like a fool paying so much attention to these track descriptions after I hear the album. When I heard HTDAAB the tracks didn't turn out at all like I imagined them from the descriptions.

Also listening to them only once or twice before doing a review won't yield layers that people find from many more listens.

The new album blends such classic U2 rockers as "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" and "Get on Your Boots" with more experimental fare like the seven-minute "Moment of Surrender" and "Fez -- Being Born." The former is an electro-leaning track with an Eastern-inspired scale in the chorus, making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades.

Fez is the weirder one not MOS

The new album blends such classic U2 rockers as "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" and "Get on Your Boots" with more experimental fare like the seven-minute "Moment of Surrender" and "Fez -- Being Born." The former is an electro-leaning track with an Eastern-inspired scale in the chorus, making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades.

I think they're mixing things up, or they haven't heard the tracks and are just doing an inaccurate mishmash of previous articles. Crazy Tonight is said to be one of U2's poppiest tunes, and GOYB isn't a "classic rocker" as well.

Experimental has been buzzed around a lot in regards of this album.

Just saw an article about the NLOTH track list on Billboard.com

What is interesting is the extra info that Johnathan Cohen mentions in regard to the album "Moment of Surrender" is described as "an electro-leaning track with an Eastern inspired scale in the chorus making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades" ....."Fez-being born" is also very experimental

"Sources say U2 recorded enough material with producers Lanois,Eno and Lillywhite for an entire seperate album but it is unknown if any of it will see the light of day"

After reading this, my first thought was when Jason Ulanet of KC's 96.5 The Buzz said upon hearing the single on Monday from the Universal Rep, he was informed that 'they are only planning on another single'. With what Jason said and this information from Billboard, it leads me to believe that there may be some validity to the idea that U2 will release another album either late this year or early next year in a '21st century' AB-Zooropa-esque style.

EDIT: And yes, I realize that Zooropa was written after Achtung Baby was released, so I know that it won't be quite the same, hence the ''21st century' AB-Zooropa-esque style'' comment.

Former is the first of two parts (whereas latter is the second), so it is in fact referring to MOS. :up:

Well by those descriptions its sounding like Fez might actually be Tripoli. Fingers crossed.

i dont get that idea. Why do people think that?

thats like, if Miami was scrapped from pop, bt we all knew about it, then as ATYCLB was coming out, we said, wow, New York, that must be that song Miami...

they are different cities in different countries...

hey man, been there so many fuckin times I should write a book or be on Oprah.

I finally found the woman of my dreams and am getting married this year. So hang in there I swear it gets better. :up::up::up:

Hey! I'm marrying the woman of my dream this year too. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom