Grammy awards 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9. He compares collaborating with Paul McCartney to a certain angsty musician
"I might be a little bit more angst than Paul. And remember the last time when Paul had somebody really angst working with them, the type of music they made? Hey everyone, America, I'm not comparing myself to John Lennon, I'm just saying I'm angst a bit like John Lennon. And the tension creates a new magic. The pressure creates the diamond from the coal. And he came in with the best vibes ever, and I said, 'Four, five, seconds from wildin',' and he said, 'It's great everyone,' and we just had that.

Read more: Kanye West's Ryan Seacrest Interview: 11 Things We Learned | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

nice of him to shine a little of his (diamond) light on that has been Lennon :up:

we'll probably see a bump in Lennon downloads now, Yeezus, always the giver

What do you guys think of this article comparing kanye to John Lennon

Is Kanye West the next John Lennon? - Salon.com

Other than a few minor details and differences of opinion (I think "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" and "Revolution 9" are great, but understand perfectly why not everyone would think so), the author is actually pretty spot on. It's uncanny how similar the career arcs and philosophies of Lennon and West are, if you care to actually pay attention.

I too was really baffled by the author's characterization of John's Abbey Road tracks being terrible. It fit the narrative, but not reality.

I would discuss that further...if you had made any attempt to create a parallel instead of just putting names together in a meager attempt to lampoon an article you didn't read.

Is there any way to block threads? The temptation to watch the trainwreck is too strong.

We should shift this conversation more towards Kim Kardashian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, really why?
take it in a different direction, if it is too uncomfortable for you.
on Kanye I will put out there for his fans that may not know, but I do think he is talented and his recordings have value, form what little I've heard

his grandstanding at the grammys and some of the other stuff is, as Obama has said, a jackass move. Prince who I am a huge fan of would not be defended by me if he did that to Swift and/or Beck. Why his fans try and defend those actions are a puzzlement to me.

Because there's already a Kanye west thread and this conversation is only vaguely related to the original topic at this point.

this is about the grammys, and if Kanye wants to interject himself into the grammys and make it all about him then that is where this goes, it would be nice to talk about Beck, or some others
I do think most of the Kanye talk in this thread is in relation to his grammys behavior and has flowed from there :shrug:

Kanye = Assclown
Kanye = Douchebag

Kanye = talentless scum, now gtfo!

Ye is using autotune right now in New York City. Blood on the Leaves. Sounds fucking awesome, and is necessary in developing the tone of the song along with the mental TNGHT beat.

But nah, he's just a talentless idiot who needs voice correction :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom