Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:(

Meanwhile I'm sitting here alone and hyper because I had a headache and had to drink a lot of coffee to get rid of it.

I was going to say alcohol is the cure to all of life's problems but in this case may leave you with a greater headache.

Also, I'm now in Athens, Georgia. Arrived listening to my favourite REM songs. I've got a couple of days here so in the morning I'll check to see if there are any REM-related sights worth seeing.

Also, I'm now in Athens, Georgia. Arrived listening to my favourite REM songs. I've got a couple of days here so in the morning I'll check to see if there are any REM-related sights worth seeing.

Very cool :up:

I'm probably a bigger R.E.M. fan than U2 fan. I know they played a lot of their early shows at the 40 Watt Club, which I believe is still there.

Any particular reason you are touring around the US?

Very cool :up:

I'm probably a bigger R.E.M. fan than U2 fan. I know they played a lot of their early shows at the 40 Watt Club, which I believe is still there.

Any particular reason you are touring around the US?

Today I found the steeple from St Mary's, where they played their very first gig, and the trestle bridge from the back cover of Murmur. I'm a big railway nerd so the trestle was doubly cool. I have all of tomorrow here too so I'll try to see some more stuff.

This is really just a holiday. I've got a new job starting in June, which requires me to move from Melbourne to Wollongong and to really hit the ground running, so I'm taking the opportunity beforehand to relax and see North America and, next month, Europe. Now that I have a bit more financial security with that job, I can do all the travel I've wanted to do but haven't done for the past eight years.

My next speech for my public speaking class has to be a "persuasive speech", meaning on something people like to argue about. Originally I was thinking the death penalty, but then the teacher listed it as one of the top five oversized topics (alongside abortion, marijuana legalization, LGBT rights, and gun control), so then I thought about socialized health care. But my class broke up into small groups to brainstorm ideas, and every single group listed health care as part of their short list.

Today I had a great idea though. Genetically modified foods. They're surrounded by stigma, fear, and misinformation.

Haha, yeah, my rule is to always avoid the cliched topic. And the person running the course will thank you.

So yesterday. Cancelled flight craziness. That meant I got to wander around Atlanta for a few hours before flying to Toronto - Georgia really didn't hold back on an ornate dome for their capitol - and then my connection to Quebec City was cancelled. Luckily I have a friend who lives near Toronto airport who put me up for the night. Now I'm on a new flight to Quebec and will get most of the day I planned there before train adventure fun tomorrow from Quebec via Montreal back to Toronto. Yes I'm a nerd.

Quebec is covered in snow and it's fucking magical and what a city.

Though I'm not sure my shoes would've coped with any more walking around. Snow may be exciting to me, but I can see how it would become irritating quickly.

Quebec is covered in snow and it's fucking magical and what a city.

Though I'm not sure my shoes would've coped with any more walking around. Snow may be exciting to me, but I can see how it would become irritating quickly.

There's nothing prettier than fresh snow that hasn't been disturbed. Once it gets stomped through and shoveled and plowed it loses some of its magic. Where I've lived I've always really enjoyed seeing animal tracks in the snow. Mostly birds, a few squirrels, the occasional cat... but when I see rabbit tracks I get excited, because they're such sneaky things and you rarely see them when they're out and about, so I can look at the tracks and be like "I KNOW YOU WERE THERE".

Speaking of rabbits. A couple of weeks ago we had a rabbit in our backyard. I happened to look out the window and see it. Now, our yard is fenced in, so this was the first time I'd seen the rabbit in our yard (he has been spotted in the neighboring yards). So Jake and I went out to see which way the rabbit ran away, so we'd know how he got in, and know where we might want to shore up the fence if we decide to grow vegetables or something.

The damn stupid rabbit ended up cornering itself between the fence, the garage, and Jake. It had a full blown panic attack and tried to jump through the chain link fence (the holes are not nearly big enough for a rabbit!) several times, before finally getting the sense to go the other way and back out the gap he'd come in through.

Sertraline

I HATED THAT STUFF. They put me on it when I was a teenager, and it never seemed to work for me. I would tell the doctor that it wasn't working, and rather than switching me to something else, he would just keep increasing the dosage. I think I was taking like 150mg per day before I just quit taking it and quit going to that doctor.

It can take trial and error to find the right medication. For me, it turns out that SSRIs don't really work for me. Currently been taking buspirone for years, and it's been great for me.

It's just coming to 8pm here but I am so tired. Contemplating whether I want to nap, sleep, or force myself to stay up. It's spring break, so if I really fuck up my sleep schedule, it's okay.

I'm spending my spring break applying for a gap year job since I graduate in June. I'm terrified.

Don't even get me started on fucking job applications. Took three years of trying to score the one I'm starting in June, and that forces me to move interstate.

But I shouldn't even hint at a complaint; it's only because of that job that I'm touring North America right now.

Speaking of touring North America, HOW THE FUCK IS IT 30C THIS FUCKING EARLY IN SPRING COME FUCKING ON MISSOURI.

Though I like Missouri so far.

Also, my habit of calling everybody "mate" and using "cheers" in almost any given content seems to be amusing the locals.

And why did nobody tell me that Kansas City has such a cool downtown?

Summer lasts from April to October in these parts.

On the other hand, it looks like it'll be barely above freezing when I get to Chicago in a couple of days. Good.

PS Drive up to St Louis tomorrow. I get there early arvo.

Quit your job.

I'm mad, but I think I'm going to go into East St Louis. There's a commuter train across the river and I want a photo of the Gateway Arch from the other side of the Mississippi.

Back
Top Bottom