Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meanwhile, I tried to fix myself a late night bowl of Rice Krispies, and managed to knock the bowl off the counter when I went to pick up the milk and spilled the cereal all over the place.

gonna enforce the no multi-quote rule on myself here (and apparently reply from stuff over a week old, oops)

I've only gone once. We split a small pizza and a calzone. Compared to other local pizza places, I liked the calzone best, but I've had better pizza.

They definitely have some unique flavor combinations that you won't see elsewhere though.
yeah see, that's the thing i guess. with me, i'm so picky opinionated with my food, that i really just like a few pizza toppings, and they're pretty common ones. i do like some more unusual ones too, but they didn't have them, as they're things that seem to be less of an american thing anyway (like cranberry sauce, i just really like cranberries). otherwise, i either just get a plain cheese pizza or one with onions and bell peppers.

It's hilarious/sad. In my teens/start of my twenties, I had such a bad self-image I was convinced nobody would be interested in me. I have subsequently realised this made me oblivious to multiple interested parties.
i feel you. this has been me at many stages of my life, in my preteens, as recently as a couple of years ago. go go low self-esteem and the many underlying issues/disorders that cause it! :yippie:

i really don't talk about too much relationship stuff in here or really in general to anyone, but yeah i mean like the year before i met my current boyfriend, i'd convinced myself i'd be alone forever. turns out he'd convinced himself of the same thing around the same time period.

we don't have any of those kind of allergy things to deal with but i know he hates how picky of an eater i am compared to him. like there's a thai restaurant near our apartment we can't go to because all they have is curry, pad thai, like just the basic stuff. well, i hate thai curry (only like indian curry), and everything else has peanuts. i'm not allergic to them, but they do give me migraines in decent-sized amounts but also i just don't like them. stuff like pad thai can be made without them but everything else is made with peanut sauce. and i don't like pad thai so all i could get is a drink (oh but i can't drink soda, so a water bc i think they're lamers that don't have amazing thai iced tea) and watch him eat. so yeah it bugs him when he suggests a new place and i have to look at the menu first to make sure i can get something instead of just feeling it out.

That said, my colleagues almost inadvertently killed me on Friday! We went to this bakery and were so concerned to make sure the cake we wanted was gluten free for another colleague that we didn't check it didn't contain nuts. Why would a strawberry and watermelon cake have those, yeah? Name didn't tip me off at all. Got a couple of bites in. "Uh... guys?"

So that meant more cake for them, which may have been the plot all along.
fighting the urge to make a "cake or death" joke but 1. i feel bad because this has to do with you having an allergic reaction to something, 2. someone else has probably already done it 3. see #1

i ordered something off amazon and it's supposed to be here by 8 pm today, and it's now 6:47 pm. what i don't get is if they can get it here in an hour, why didn't they offer me the same day option when i ordered, since that's all they've been promoting on their site?

I'm currently sitting in the lounge next to a particularly feminine wallet that my girlfriend forgot to pick up when she went to visit her grandparents. I really hope only people who know she's up for the weekend walk past or I'm going to get a few raised eyebrows.

Also I probably should have double checked my university timetable before making my doctor's appointment on Monday morning.

Still better to miss a lecture and sort out what seems to be what appears to possibly be depression.

I've gotten my classes/schedule picked out for the fall. Turns out my phlebotomy class is FOUR hours long, twice a week. So yeah, no way I'll be able to squeeze all my classes into two days and take a five day weekend like I was hoping.

Four hour class? Who the fuck can reasonably pay attention for four hours?

If it's anything like my nursing skills class last semester, the class time will probably divided into portions. Like lecture for a while, then a short break, then some hands on stuff.

The health building on campus is basically set up like a mock hospital with highly technical dummy patients to practice on, so I'm sure there's plenty to do to fill four hours.

I've got some catching up to do later, but just checking in to say I just passed an old Superthread location: Fancy Gap, Virginia.

I've got some catching up to do later, but just checking in to say I just passed an old Superthread location: Fancy Gap, Virginia.
haha, nice.

i've been to katy :cool:. i think i made a fb post about it when i was there. looking through the list of texas spots, i must've driven through waxahachie any time i've driven to/from memphis from here (and just dallas in general, so i'll drive through it again in a couple weeks). also, cumby. already been to brilliant ages ago, which iirc is why i picked it when i did.

this reminds me that i have TWO thread ideas. ugh, i gotta make a note of them so i won't forget about them.

Back
Top Bottom