Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doctor told me he wants to see me again in two weeks. On my way out I booked an appointment for the Monday in two weeks, 8:30am.

I didn't check the date for that day...but at least I have birthday plans now.

haha, nice.

i've been to katy :cool:. i think i made a fb post about it when i was there. looking through the list of texas spots, i must've driven through waxahachie any time i've driven to/from memphis from here (and just dallas in general, so i'll drive through it again in a couple weeks). also, cumby. already been to brilliant ages ago, which iirc is why i picked it when i did.

this reminds me that i have TWO thread ideas. ugh, i gotta make a note of them so i won't forget about them.

I remember I once figured out all the Superthread locations I've been to. It must be around twenty by now.

Doctor told me he wants to see me again in two weeks. On my way out I booked an appointment for the Monday in two weeks, 8:30am.

I didn't check the date for that day...but at least I have birthday plans now.

Yes, I saw this post on Facebook. :tongue:

Man, my body is going to be put through the ringer this month. Getting my old Nexplanon implant taken out of my arm on Friday and a new one put in, which I'm sure will turn my entire upper arm into one giant bruise. And then at the end of the month I have to have a colpopscopy/biopsy again (last one was two years ago), and it's not a pleasant experience.

Too lazy to sleep? Now that, that is lazy.
yeah, and now i'm really paying the price. two totally sleepless nights, and last night i slept for maybe an hour or so. i'm really at that psychotic breakdown point. trying to look at the bus system for nyc in rush hour traffic while also trying to translate something in dutch by back-translating from german was not fun.

Man, my body is going to be put through the ringer this month. Getting my old Nexplanon implant taken out of my arm on Friday and a new one put in, which I'm sure will turn my entire upper arm into one giant bruise. And then at the end of the month I have to have a colpopscopy/biopsy again (last one was two years ago), and it's not a pleasant experience.
yeah, i bruise easily too. if i ever have to get blood taken, it's an...experience. that coupled with the fact that it's always hard for them to find a vein in the first place, no matter how hydrated i am. ugh.

the colpopscopy sounds incredibly painful, too. i've had a vaginal ultrasound* and i was in tears over that.
the way people are about the dentist, i am with the gynecologist tbh

here be more vagina talk
nope, wasn't possibly pregnant. i can say with 99.99%** certainty that i've never been pregnant. it was diagnosed as vaginismus but idk it always seemed like a lazy diagnosis to me as yes that's a thing, but it didn't totally fix it.

**well i mean maybe i got pregnant at one point and miscarried before i ever showed any symptoms, who knows. but i mean i've never had unprotected sex and have never straight up missed an entire month's period aside from when i was on birth control that had this as a side effect, so it's unlikely.

the colpopscopy sounds incredibly painful, too. i've had a vaginal ultrasound* and i was in tears over that.
the way people are about the dentist, i am with the gynecologist tbh

here be more vagina talk
nope, wasn't possibly pregnant. i can say with 99.99%** certainty that i've never been pregnant. it was diagnosed as vaginismus but idk it always seemed like a lazy diagnosis to me as yes that's a thing, but it didn't totally fix it.

**well i mean maybe i got pregnant at one point and miscarried before i ever showed any symptoms, who knows. but i mean i've never had unprotected sex and have never straight up missed an entire month's period aside from when i was on birth control that had this as a side effect, so it's unlikely.
I'm a laid back patient at both the dentist and the gynecologist. I pretty much don't get phased much by any medical procedures. Weirdly I was more embarrassed by my doctor examining my foot when I sprained my ankle than I am about getting a pelvic exam, but I think it's because I could see what was going on. When you're in the stirrups, you can't see anything.

I've had a vaginal ultrasound once to look at my ovaries. That's how I found out I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and why I never had a regular period and would bleed randomly. I've had the colposcopy once before, two years ago. It came back "not cancer", but I had to have a pap smear every six months afterward. The next one was abnormal as well, but then the one after was normal, so I went a year and came back for my regular checkup last week. Abnormal again, time for another colposcopy. It's painful. You don't really think about where your cervix is or about it hurting, because it just doesn't. Until you have some small pieces ripped out of it, and then it hurts when you sit down a certain way or shift your weight wrong for a couple of days.

Slept from before 11pm though to 6am.

That hasn't happened since I pulled an all-nighter with my ex, and that didn't count because we slept from 8pm to 2am.

I'm feeling good and awake. I'll still barely be awake though my class though.

Just drove through a whole bunch of North Carolina that feels like duelling banjos territory. What a big change from Philly and DC, both cities to which I must return. Pretty sure we saw a bunch of white nationalists in both NC and Virginia, like the house by an interstate with a whopping big Confederate flag accompanied by flags of "don't tread on me" and Blue Lives Matter.

Kitty Hawk and the Outer Banks were great though. And holy shit have we scored a great room in Carolina Beach. Eight floors up overlooking the ocean.

(Sorry, my posts are probably just travelogue snippets at the moment.)

I'm enjoying your travelogue. (and this is my first time ever posting in the Superthread!!)

Last edited:
I was catching up on the news in bed before I got up, as soon as I got to this:

Fire services have responded to "multiple reports" of homes and basements flooded across Auckland.

The worst affected areas are the North Shore and Mount Roskill.

I immediately thought.....oh fuck. Sat up, gently touched the carpet with my toes. There goes Saturday and probably Sunday.

I'm enjoying your travelogue. (and this is my first time ever posting in the Superthread!!)

Ha, cheers (and better late than never?). I'm exhausted this evening after walking basically the whole length of Carolina Beach and back. It's a lovely long beach if you're into wide sandy beaches, and the weather was perfect. I prefer my beaches a bit more wild, with driftwood and rocky outcrops, but it was still really nice to be by the sea - and although I've seen the Atlantic before, today was the first day I went in it. By which I mean I got my feet wet walking through it. That ocean was far too fucking cold to dive in properly!

I was catching up on the news in bed before I got up, as soon as I got to this:

I immediately thought.....oh fuck. Sat up, gently touched the carpet with my toes. There goes Saturday and probably Sunday.

Lucky you.

I thought you were on somewhat higher ground?

I just about threw the couch across the room and started bailing the incoming water out with a mop, while my flatmates were using a pickaxe to stop water coming in the front door and flooding the other two rooms downstairs that had been safe until now.

That could have been a lot worse - lucky it happened during the day with a good number of us home.

Back
Top Bottom