For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:
mrmarch.jpg

calendar.jpg

:drool:

Yup, those are from this year's duran calendar, right? Yes, I have it. :|

No better time then now to bump up this thread

11949.jpg

For the Fans" a DuranDuranMusic.com Concert!

Only Scheduled 2007 U.S. show
Duran Duran to perform a Member only concert in an intimate setting at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on Sunday, June 17 2007.

::I'm going!! Squeals with Durannie excitement::

:combust: :drool: :combust:

Last edited:
Just saw this on the web :heart:

Pop star Simon Le Bon has said he will never forget the first time he heard Bono sing.

The Duran Duran fronman was recording Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' when the U2 rocker sang the famous line, "Tonight, thank God it's them, instead of you".

Simon said: "When he sang, I couldn't speak because he just did it so beautifully. I really love U2."

one4u2 said:
No better time then now to bump up this thread

11949.jpg

For the Fans" a DuranDuranMusic.com Concert!

Only Scheduled 2007 U.S. show
Duran Duran to perform a Member only concert in an intimate setting at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on Sunday, June 17 2007.

::I'm going!! Squeals with Durannie excitement::

:combust: :drool: :combust:

:up:

My best friend and her sister are also going to this. They invited me to go, but I'm already seeing Bloc Party. on the night before in the mountain region of San Diego. Otherwise I would be there in a heartbeat.

I hope you all have a great time. I'm sure it will be awesome!

:wink:

one4u2 said:
Just saw this on the web :heart:

Pop star Simon Le Bon has said he will never forget the first time he heard Bono sing.

The Duran Duran fronman was recording Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' when the U2 rocker sang the famous line, "Tonight, thank God it's them, instead of you".

Simon said: "When he sang, I couldn't speak because he just did it so beautifully. I really love U2."

There is also a nice story in The Bono--His own words Book, that Bono was very nervous about recording the song and being around all these 'big celebrerties' and how Simon went out of his way to make Bono feel welcomed and at home. I thought that was such a nice story

youtwohearts said:
Okay Duran Duran has there own website no need to post it here. Bono it is all about Bono.

bono22.bmp

:ohmy:
OMG...............
jens dream comes true.....
jens head explodes

whats a simon lebon?? and who needs one... :lmao:

Last edited:
Did anyone see The Concert For Diana today (7/1)?

The boys rocked!! Simon is a great singer. He might not be the best technicaly--but he always sounds great live...and during 'Rio' he said "unos, dous...catorce" :bow:

partygirl43 said:
Did anyone see The Concert For Diana today (7/1)?

The boys rocked!! Simon is a great singer. He might not be the best technicaly--but he always sounds great live...and during 'Rio' he said "unos, dous...catorce" :bow:

They were great! I loved the uno, dos, tres etc lol...There's a bit of Bono in Simon :heart:

i thought they were great. I agree! Simon did an awesome job! Rio was so fun. John on the other hand looked awful.

oktobergirl said:
i thought they were great. I agree! Simon did an awesome job! Rio was so fun. John on the other hand looked awful.

I just saw them play at the Fans only show in NY and I could not believe how bad John looked!

On a brighter note, for those of you who don't know, the new album will be called Red Carpet Massacre. I cannot wait for it I got to preview some new songs at the show and they were excellent. The first single is supposd to be Night Runner which was my least favorite; but the title track is :drool:

one4u2 said:

I just saw them play at the Fans only show in NY and I could not believe how bad John looked!

On a brighter note, for those of you who don't know, the new album will be called Red Carpet Massacre. I cannot wait for it I got to preview some new songs at the show and they were excellent. The first single is supposd to be Night Runner which was my least favorite; but the title track is :drool:

Ooooohhh Lucky....I can't wait for the new CD.

Duran Duran=one of the most criminally underrated bands in pop/rock history. Great musicians. Great songwriters. Simon Le Bon=greatly unique voice.

Yes, they actually WROTE their own songs and PLAYED their own instruments and if Simon Le Bon was to trip over a flight of stairs on stage, the singing would ACTUALLY stop (Ahem, Beyonce?) So I wish people would stop calling them a pre-cursor to Backstreet Boys/N'Sync, considering there legacy was much more than just five handsome Brummies.

I also once read, in a 1992 issue of some synthesizer magazine, an interview with Nick Rhodes where he states that Achtung Baby was one of the best records he's heard in years and that it was 'genius'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom