For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, y'all--they are such purr babies! :love: MrPurrl constructed a screen barrier to the bedroom where they've been staying, so that they can see our Callie and Fergus, and vice versa. Callie doesn't seem to care, but Fergus is very concerned and has been hissing at them. Sure hope he gets used to them! :heart:

Bronwyn and Finnula on March 21, 2012--we figure they are about six months old, because the first time we saw them was October 16, 2011, when the feral calico Mama Kitty we've been feeding in the back yard proudly led them out from under the shed for the first time.

BronwynFinnula032112.jpg

they are very pretty, love their eyes especially

Thanks! A friend of mine says that Bronwyn (on the left) has age-old eyes. There is indeed wisdom there, and she is so sweet. Finnula still has the blue eyes that go with her "Siamese" coloring (wonder where that came from?; and when she's playing, she gets "crazy eyes." :love:

my boss told me today she has 3 cats and this is how she treats them:

they are not microchipped because she spends enough money on them as it is. They didn't have ones when she got them so she's not going to bother getting them now.

they don't go to the vet because cats are a dime a dozen so if it gets sick she'll just put it down

they don't have an indoor litter box because they mainly spend their time outside. How do you know if your cat is going properly if you don't have a box to change? Oh that's right....dime a dozen :|

she only puts out a small bowl of food for THREE cats because they can eat whatever they want outside. I wish I would have asked if she puts out clean water but I have a feeling they share a bowl with the dog.

She told me I was crazy for buying Wesley toys. The way she sees it is the cat has a better life being able to come and go from her house than living on the streets. If they want to play with something they can go catch something outside. The way I see it, her cats do live on the streets. If she goes on vacation, she lets the cats outside while she's gone.

Wesley LOVES his toys by the way he plays with them. I find them all over the my two story house. I'm pretty sure he also loves being groomed weekly, having a clean litter box, warm blankets all over the house to snuggle under on a cold day, my bed to sleep in at night, and all of the fresh food and water he wants. I treat him like he's a prince because that's how I'd want to be treated if I were a cat. I don't know how she treats the dog or her overweight kids but I'd hate to live in that house....well I guess her cats don't really live IN the house. :| She told me I needed to start having kids of my own and then I'd figure out priorities. I can't figure out why she has these cats in her life if they aren't on her priority list of things to properly care for.

She's a nice person and really one of the best bosses I've ever had so it's hard to say anything bad about her but the conversation we had today regarding the difference in the way we see our cats made me really sad. I know she was trying to mess around with me a little and get me upset because she knows how important Wesley is to me. So maybe she stretched the truth just a bit on how she treats them, at least I hope. Wesley got a big hug and kiss today when I got home and a few extra treats just because....

That's so sad! Our big gold tiger, Fergus, spent last night at the vet's and then had dental surgery today--removed his right fang, which was loose, and cleaned the rest. We missed him so much and couldn't help being worried, given his age (almost 8) about the anesthesia. He's home now, still groggy, and very hungry. I hope he sleeps with me tonight, as usual. :heart:

Bronwyn and Finnula on March 21, 2012--we figure they are about six months old, because the first time we saw them was October 16, 2011, when the feral calico Mama Kitty we've been feeding in the back yard proudly led them out from under the shed for the first time.

BronwynFinnula032112.jpg

Aww... so very cute!

Those are very lucky kittens!

Great looking cats MsPurrl :up:

ARW, that story about your boss is pretty disturbing. I sincierly hope that your boss was pulling your leg because if what you wrote is true then its animal cruelty plain and simple.

If you are that callous about your own pets then why have a FUC*ING pet ???

We have a 2 year old daughter and we don't treat Keto differently because we have a more important priority in our lives, in fact we go out of our way to make sure he gets a little extra attention since we are not able to spend as much time with him as before.

She said that before she met her husband she only had dogs so I think she thinks it's ok to treat their cats like they are dogs by letting them go outside whenever they want because she doesn't know how cats live. It sounds like her husband is the one that acquired the cats and that buys their supplies. He's out of town right now so I don't know if she's holding some sort of resentment over the fact that she's in charge of them but I really think that she was telling me the truth. She has mentioned in the past that she went to wake up one of the kids for school and she found all 3 cats and the dog in bed with them. I know the cats use the doggie door so they can come and go when they want. But still...I'm not a fan of letting cats outside unless they are supervised. I would never ever let Wesley out of my sight if he went outside.

Sadly I've known a few of people that have pets first kids second and then ignore the pet....or give them up.

That's so sad! Our big gold tiger, Fergus, spent last night at the vet's and then had dental surgery today--removed his right fang, which was loose, and cleaned the rest. We missed him so much and couldn't help being worried, given his age (almost 8) about the anesthesia. He's home now, still groggy, and very hungry. I hope he sleeps with me tonight, as usual. :heart:

:hug: hope the big guy is resting comfortably. Have your two older ones met the little babies yet?

Fergus is much better today--walking normally, pupils normal size, wanting rubs, and wanting to eat. He really hates the canned food the vet sent home for him to eat (MrPurrl has dubbed it "Splut"), so I called today to see if normal canned food is okay. They said yes, and that we could even put warm water on his usual food to soften it, and that worked! We gave the kittens the run of the living room last night. Callie hissed and growled at them, then walked away. Fergus has looked at them through the "kitty gate", and is not real happy with them, either. But we will keep trying. I need to take my camera with me whenever I go into "their" room to sweep, scoop, feed, and play, because they are just so-o-o-o-o-o-o cute! :cute: Bronwyn was even "talking" to me a little bit this afternoon. :love:

Im sad now, just heard that our male lion at the OKC Zoo has died. :sad:

MUCH-LOVED LION DIES AT THE OKLAHOMA CITY ZOO - Oklahoma City Zoo

The Oklahoma City Zoo is sad to announce the death of Aslan, an 18-year-old African lion, on March 30, 2012. A favorite with Zoo guests, Aslan was often seen perched on top of the hill in Lion Overlook, surveying his “kingdom” and sometimes treating guests to a mane-shaking roar.

He was beautiful, quite the magnificent creature. I remember going to the zoo 2 years ago and i saw him sleeping up on the hill of the lion overlook. I watched him for a bit, and then i went around and looked at the other animals at the zoo. A couple of hours later, before i left, i wanted to see if he was awake and moving around so i went back to the lion overlook and was amused to see that he was still up there sleeping in the same spot. The beast had not moved...typical cat!

Last year we went to the zoo and got a glimpse of him going into the rocky cave, presumably to eat or something like that. Once he had disappeared into the cave area we started to go look at some other big cats when he heard the BIG ROAR coming from inside the rocky cave. It was so loud i could feel it in my chest...we froze..in fear!

I was looking forward to going to see him this year, probably next month or so before it got too hot. Sadly now i wont be able to see him. At least he's not suffering anymore
:sad:

:| Wesley just ate the end of a q-tip, just the cotton part not the stick. Not happy about that right now. He did this once before and everything was fine but I still worry. :crack::crazy:

Sheldon has figured out how to push open the curtain with his paw instead of his nose. it's his new favourite thing.

he slept like this for almost 2 hours but of course lifted his head up the second I walked in the room with the camera.
5240e4ae.jpg

4c55aeec.jpg

stalking the camera cord...
31a325ca.jpg

:drool:
8ea52afc.jpg

arw said:
they don't go to the vet because cats are a dime a dozen so if it gets sick she'll just put it down

so are people. seven billion on the planet, please tell me then she feels the same way about doctors?

Awwww, Wesley! :love:

Last night, Fergus was lying in the middle of the living room floor when the kittens Bronwyn and Finnula came running at full tilt around the corner from "their" room--they are allowed in the living room now. Fergus jumped straight up in the air and shot like a bullet from the floor to the loveseat beside me and right through the blinds into the window well. I'm glad I wasn't in his direct flight path! :lol:

Awwww, Wesley! :love:

Last night, Fergus was lying in the middle of the living room floor when the kittens Bronwyn and Finnula came running at full tilt around the corner from "their" room--they are allowed in the living room now. Fergus jumped straight up in the air and shot like a bullet from the floor to the loveseat beside me and right through the blinds into the window well. I'm glad I wasn't in his direct flight path! :lol:

:love:

Makes me want to get a kitten (or two!)!

Wesley is very pretty.

Fergus sounds like he did what we call a "pop" or "kitty-pop". Boomer doesn't do this maneuver but Oreo does it if he's startled. Ive seen him Pop so fast and high it amazes me. One time he was walking through the kitchen at approximately the same time the toast was done, and when the toast popped up in the toaster Oreo popped up and flew out of the room in once single blurry motion. :hyper:

I've had my Sheldon for a full year as of today. It's his unofficial sixth birthday, since we don't know his actual birth date. He got to taste and subsequently spit out a boiled egg white as a birthday present.

Wesley is very pretty.

Fergus sounds like he did what we call a "pop" or "kitty-pop". Boomer doesn't do this maneuver but Oreo does it if he's startled. Ive seen him Pop so fast and high it amazes me. One time he was walking through the kitchen at approximately the same time the toast was done, and when the toast popped up in the toaster Oreo popped up and flew out of the room in once single blurry motion. :hyper:

Pop--I like that! And happy birthday to Sheldon.

When I had Bronwyn and Finnula at the vet this past Thursday for their booster FDRC shots, the vet told me that the day we'd first captured them and dropped them off there to be tested for FIV, and then subsequently for shots and spaying, Bronwyn had gotten away from them and had climbed up a door frame all the way to the top. :lol: She was definitely the climber when they were outside; we often saw her up in the top of the trees!

I've had my Sheldon for a full year as of today. It's his unofficial sixth birthday, since we don't know his actual birth date. He got to taste and subsequently spit out a boiled egg white as a birthday present.

Miep never eats the white, but she loves the yolk. Sometimes she gets it as a treat, or if we only need the whites for baking. Have you tried that?

The kittens now have free range of the house, except for our bedroom and bathroom--that will be next. So far, so good: Fergus plays with Bronwyn and she will lie down by him. Callie is still hissing at them, but she hisses at everyone, including MrPurrl and me. Some recent pictures of our "fur-kids":

Fergus recovering from his dental surgery:

Fergus033112.jpg

Fergus is all better now!

Fergus040112.jpg

Fergus and Bronwyn, new BFFs :D

BronwynFergus040712.jpg

Bronwyn and Fergus battle for the scratching post:

BronwynFinnula040712.jpg

Finnula Macushla (Irish for "dear one" or "beloved"):

Finnula040712.jpg

I feel bad about not taking any pictures of Callie this past weekend, so I'm including an older one of her. :love:

Callie030511Med.jpg

Back
Top Bottom