For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo, Bowie is kind of cooped up here, he's pretty much stuck on the top floor of the house (when I got him, I thought we'd be moving just a few weeks later, and now here were are 6 months later and I'm still living here). Can you walk a cat?

Yes you can walk a cat. and Bowie is stil young enough that if you form this habit now, you'll be able to do it for the rest of his life.

We walk Keto on a regular basis. We just hook him up to a leash with a breakaway collar and then let him out in teh back yard. he will roam around there for a bit and then wander around the outside of the house circling it.

If you put Bowie in a breakaway leash and he happen to snap it off and run away, they key is to not panic and yell and run after him. most probably he would run off for a short distance and stop and you have to continue walking towards him at a slow pace, keeping eye contact and slowly talking to him like you would in your house. He will let you come right up and slip the collar back on him again

Or you could get one of those harness things . They will not come off but of course are a little more restrictive

but yeah, if he's cooped up then definetely take him out for a few minutes

I wonder how I can do that because of all the snow :hmm:

Thanks for the advice DM, I'll figure something out!

I wonder how I can do that because of all the snow :hmm:

Thanks for the advice DM, I'll figure something out!

yes, the snow will definetely present a problem wth outdoor activity.

Maybe if you have accessto a porch or deck or any surface where he can be outside without stepping in snow, he might go for that.

Regardless, if its that cold, he may not want to stay outside for more than a couple of minutes.

So Samus' spay appointment was last Friday. We dropped her off expecting to pick her up the following day. A few hours later the vet called us to say that when they shaved her stomach, she already had a spay scar:crack:. They had already administered the anesthetic, so after we picked her up she was very out of it. Wish the doctor had told us more about that, because she was all glassy eyed, not eating and such. Fine now. A friend of ours works at the shelter where we adopted her. When we paid for her, it was for the spay fee. They offered to reimburse us, but we decided to give the spay fee as a donation to the shelter.

She's back to normal, chirping and purring like usual. Finally found one flavour of food that she really likes and we're sticking with it. No luck on the dry yet.

Wow. Yknow I had this weird feeling.. I think I mentioned it when you first got her. She's a full grown cat from a shelter I imagined she would have been already spayed. Bad slip up from the shelter. Nice of you to donate it to them regardless though. :up:

So Samus' spay appointment was last Friday. We dropped her off expecting to pick her up the following day. A few hours later the vet called us to say that when they shaved her stomach, she already had a spay scar:crack:. They had already administered the anesthetic, so after we picked her up she was very out of it. Wish the doctor had told us more about that, because she was all glassy eyed, not eating and such. Fine now. A friend of ours works at the shelter where we adopted her. When we paid for her, it was for the spay fee. They offered to reimburse us, but we decided to give the spay fee as a donation to the shelter.

She's back to normal, chirping and purring like usual. Finally found one flavour of food that she really likes and we're sticking with it. No luck on the dry yet.

That's a shame that she had to go through all that for something that did not need to be done.

By the way, I was a little surprised and concerned to read that she was still glassy eyed and potentially still under the effects of the anesthetic.

Our vet will not release the animal until it has completly recovered from the anesthetic.

In fact we've had a very bad experience one time. Keto had to go under for a proceure and while he was under the anesthetic his heart stopped.
Fortunately they were able to revive him. Anesthesia is so unpredictable that we have now decided that he will never be put through that unless its for a life saving procedure

But, glad to see that Samus is back to normal. Give her an extra treat for going through all that stress.

curl ribbon barf on the ground. I'm horrified that I left something like that out for him to find but relieved at the same that if he was going to play with curl ribbon he threw it up. I have a bin of gift bags and tissue on the floor that he's left alone for weeks so I never thought much of it. There's one bag on top with ribbon attached to it. It doesn't look like he got much off of it. But now I'm going to be a freak until a few days have gone by and he hasn't had any issues. I just hope he didn't actually swallow any of it. I'm sure it's from today but maybe it was from earlier in the week and I just noticed it. :crazy: :crack:

Best moment of Christmas with my family-- we had like 10 family members over for dinner, and afterwards we gathered for a big family photo. Right as everyone was posing, my cat Tallulah came RUNNING up, like "HEY! I am part of this family, too!" :lol: So of course, she is center stage in the photo.

Best moment of Christmas with my family-- we had like 10 family members over for dinner, and afterwards we gathered for a big family photo. Right as everyone was posing, my cat Tallulah came RUNNING up, like "HEY! I am part of this family, too!" :lol: So of course, she is center stage in the photo.

Didn't get the photo! :sad:

Hi guy's - haven't been around in awhile but I still love to get by when I can. Between job hunting, cat protecting and - well just every day shit that happens I'm afraid I've negelected my online cat/pet friends. I wanted to pass this along while my computer is co-operating and I can access this site along with facebook.
I miss and love you guy's and hopefully 2011 will be the year I get the computer I need/want/deserve. :D

This is for dog lovers too, and if someone can pass it along for me, I would much appreciate it.

Happy New Year everyone.. :wave:

Liver failure from Pet Food
----------------------------------------------

Another Pet Food was recently recalled due to a suspect fungal
toxin. This toxin can affect your pet's liver, causing liver
failure if in high concentrations.

Here is the FDA News Release:

Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CINCINNATI, Ohio, - December 18, 2010 - The
Kroger Co. said today it is recalling select packages of pet food
sold in some of its retail stores because the products may contain
aflatoxin, which poses a health risk to pets.

Kroger stores in the following states are included in this recall:
Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South
Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

The recall also includes Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and
Missouri; Baker's stores in Nebraska; Food 4 Less stores in
Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana (Chicago area); and Jay C, Hilander,
Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana.

Stores the company operates under the following names are not
included in this recall: Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers,
Smith's, QFC, City Market, Foods Co., and Food 4 Less stores in
California and Nevada.

Kroger is recalling the following items:

* Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 3.5 lb. packages with a sell by
date of OCT 23 11 DP and OCT 24 11 DP under the following UPC code:
* Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 18 lb. packages with a sell by
* Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 3.5
lb. packages with a sell by date of OCT 23 11 DP and OCT 24 11 DP
under the following UPC code: 1111088152
* Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 18
under the following UPC code: 1111074580
* Pet Pride Kitten Formula Food sold in 3.5 lb. packages with a
sell by date of OCT 23 11 DP and OCT 24 11 DP under the following
UPC code: 1111071903
* Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 22 lb. packages with a sell
by date of OCT 23 11 DP and OCT 24 11 DP under the following UPC
code: 1111074566
* Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 50 lb. packages with a sell
code: 1111074563
* Kroger Value Cat Food sold in 3 lb. packages with a sell by
* Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 15 lb. packages with a
UPC code: 1111071559
* Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 50 lb. packages with a
UPC code:1111000108

Aflatoxin is a naturally-occurring toxic chemical by-product from
the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus on corn and other
crops. If your pet shows any symptoms of illness, including
sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat,
yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody
diarrhea, please consult your veterinarian immediately.

The safety of our customers and their pets is important to Kroger.
The company is using its Customer Recall Notification system to
alert customers who may have purchased these recalled products
through register receipt tape messages and automated phone calls.
Customers who have purchased a recalled item should not use it and
should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement.

Customers who have questions about this recall may contact Kroger
toll-free at (800) 632-6900. For more information, please visit
www.kroger.com/recalls9.

Hi guy's - haven't been around in awhile but I still love to get by when I can. Between job hunting, cat protecting and - well just every day shit that happens I'm afraid I've negelected my online cat/pet friends. I wanted to pass this along while my computer is co-operating and I can access this site along with facebook.
I miss and love you guy's and hopefully 2011 will be the year I get the computer I need/want/deserve. :D

This is for dog lovers too, and if someone can pass it along for me, I would much appreciate it.

Happy New Year everyone.. :wave:

Liver failure from Pet Food
----------------------------------------------

Another Pet Food was recently recalled due to a suspect fungal
toxin. This toxin can affect your pet's liver, causing liver
failure if in high concentrations.

Here is the FDA News Release:

Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CINCINNATI, Ohio, - December 18, 2010 - The
Kroger Co. said today it is recalling select packages of pet food
sold in some of its retail stores because the products may contain
aflatoxin, which poses a health risk to pets.

Kroger stores in the following states are included in this recall:
Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South
Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

The recall also includes Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and
Missouri; Baker's stores in Nebraska; Food 4 Less stores in
Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana (Chicago area); and Jay C, Hilander,
Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana.

Stores the company operates under the following names are not
included in this recall: Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers,
Smith's, QFC, City Market, Foods Co., and Food 4 Less stores in
California and Nevada.

Kroger is recalling the following items:

* Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 3.5 lb. packages with a sell by
* Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 18 lb. packages with a sell by
* Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 3.5
under the following UPC code: 1111088152
* Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 18
under the following UPC code: 1111074580
* Pet Pride Kitten Formula Food sold in 3.5 lb. packages with a
UPC code: 1111071903
* Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 22 lb. packages with a sell
code: 1111074566
* Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 50 lb. packages with a sell
code: 1111074563
* Kroger Value Cat Food sold in 3 lb. packages with a sell by
* Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 15 lb. packages with a
UPC code: 1111071559
* Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 50 lb. packages with a
UPC code:1111000108

Aflatoxin is a naturally-occurring toxic chemical by-product from
the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus on corn and other
crops. If your pet shows any symptoms of illness, including
sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat,
yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody
diarrhea, please consult your veterinarian immediately.

The safety of our customers and their pets is important to Kroger.
The company is using its Customer Recall Notification system to
alert customers who may have purchased these recalled products
through register receipt tape messages and automated phone calls.
Customers who have purchased a recalled item should not use it and
should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement.

Customers who have questions about this recall may contact Kroger
toll-free at (800) 632-6900. For more information, please visit
www.kroger.com/recalls9.

Thanks, Sue. We buy the cat food for our backyard critters (feral cats, raccoons, ground hogs, etc.). I double-checked to make sure what we had wasn't part of the recall!

And a Happy New Year to you, too!

Zoey says haaaay

zoeyrug.jpg

Callie yawning--notice the absence of fangs: when we got her from the Humane Society almost six years ago, the vet at her first visit said that she couldn't tell whether the fangs and been pulled :)yikes:) or whether they had just never descended.

CallieYawn-1.jpg

Hi guys

if you go to the first page you'll se 3 photos of my cat ROCK, but from way back, like March-April

now, he's about to have his first brithday, on January 15. Yep, he's almost 1 year old :sad:

here's Rock !!:
1009758.jpg

1009760.jpg

1009766.jpg

1009771.jpg

1009775b.jpg

He's right here besides me as I type this. We're on the dinner table, and he's sleeping on one of the chairs

I wanted to ask something.

Latelly he's been "developing" a lots of hair lumps, in his' stomach and even his neck. Some of them he has pulled them out himself, other I hace tear them apart (with caring, of course, it was more like "dead hair", he didn't even felt it).
What can I do? Sometimes he let's me see them and try to work on them, until he ventually gets bored, bites me, and goes away. Other times, I caught in his sleep. What shoould I do? I've seen them and I CAN'T un-tie them. I kinda HAVE to chop them off, maybe with some hairdresser scissors. Am I thinking straight, or should I wait for the hair lumps to "fall off" his body? Or maybe taking him to a pets hairdresser?

ALSO, I've noticed that lately he doesn't go to his litter box like he used to do. For a few months he's been going ouy of the house, because he wants to, so I let him out, or sometimes he just scapes through a window, or out-smarts my parents and escapes when they're opening the door. So maybe in those hours he's outside, he does his thing somewhere else. We have a building being built and a house being remodeled right here on my street, across the street. I KNOW he goes to that house, he plays or follows other cats (because he's kinda the "new guy") over there, so he MUST do his things there.
What should I do? Last week I was really excited because he used his litter box 2 days in a row... and I haven't seen that since last week. Should I NEVER let him get out? Should I let him out ONLY after he goes to the box? Should I just not worry at all?

help me out, and enjoy the wonderfull life of Rock, the cat!

(Rock, as in Rock & Roll :wink: )

pepo, for hair matts, you need to brush him daily. The existing matts can be cut off carefully but be very careful not to cut the skin. He may need some areas shaved by a groomer if you cant do it yourself. Then brush him every day.

I would keep him inside for a few days to monitor his litterbox behaviour. If a male cat is not peeing, it could be a sign of a blockage which is very dangerous. If he's acting fine and normal, perhaps he's going outside to do his business, but it wont hurt to keep him inside for a while to make sure.

pepo, for hair matts, you need to brush him daily. The existing matts can be cut off carefully but be very careful not to cut the skin. He may need some areas shaved by a groomer if you cant do it yourself. Then brush him every day.

I would keep him inside for a few days to monitor his litterbox behaviour. If a male cat is not peeing, it could be a sign of a blockage which is very dangerous. If he's acting fine and normal, perhaps he's going outside to do his business, but it wont hurt to keep him inside for a while to make sure.

THANKS!!!

last night, after typing all of that, and after brushing my teeth, I went to the bedroom and found ANOTHER hair lump. He might have ripped that off while I was in the bathroom...

And he can cry all he wants ( :sad: ) but I won't let him get out until he uses his box. All his going out to party has mede him even not eat all of his food daily. That really grinds my gears :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom