For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Point huh. I thought there was something special about him, even though he tried to kill me last night. :yikes: lol
It really was funny - but when it was happening it wasn't. I took some food for Bela that had some antibotics in it because she was spayed yesterday.
I was trying to shoo Jack and Maxie out of the room so they wouldn't eat the food and when I bent over to put the food down, Jack had pushed the door open and ran up my back and jumped off my shoulder.
I still had the plate for Bela in my hand and lost my balance. I fell forward and dropped the food and hit my head on the metal lamp post, and bruised both my knees. The food didn't spill but I had hell keeping Jack away from it while I got up. I have scratches on my back and a sore forehead to go along with it. I locked Jack in the room by himself because I had had enough.
But at least Bela got her medicine. It was all so :crazy:.

Oh and one other thing I wanted to tell VP - THe squirt bottle I was using doesn't work for Jack any longer. He likes it. The little sadist.:wink:

OMG, so lucky you weren't hurt worse! :yikes:

The joys of kittens, huh? Whenever we're in their room or they're out with us, we pretty much live under the premise that at least one of them is going to be jumping or diving at us from some direction, at any given time. :lol:

How is Bela feeling after her surgery? And have you been able to restrict her movement at all? We weren't able to with Kitty. If anything, I think she was even more active than usual. Fortunately, it didn't seem to hurt her.

:lol: @ your Jack and the water bottle! Ours are still intimidated by it, thank goodness. We're having to use it less and less, though. :relief:

Aw she's finally spayed! Hope she's doing well :hug:

She's doing fine. I kept the kittens out of the room, and Lovey outside today. The only problem is she lays by the door wanting to be inside with the kittens. She's such a good mommie. :love:

OMG, so lucky you weren't hurt worse! :yikes:

The joys of kittens, huh? Whenever we're in their room or they're out with us, we pretty much live under the premise that at least one of them is going to be jumping or diving at us from some direction, at any given time. :lol:

How is Bela feeling after her surgery? And have you been able to restrict her movement at all? We weren't able to with Kitty. If anything, I think she was even more active than usual. Fortunately, it didn't seem to hurt her.

:lol: @ your Jack and the water bottle! Ours are still intimidated by it, thank goodness. We're having to use it less and less, though. :relief:

It's funny how nothing is turned over or out of place except a few torn tissues or something played around with on the table, when I'm gone.
I let them have the rest of the apt. because I didn't want them bothering Bela while I'm at work. I came home for lunch and she is fine.
When I got home tonight and let Bela out while Lovey was outside, the kittens went wild.
So it's me, when I'm here, it's like you say VP, attention whores. They were all over me, the table and any other place I'm at.
Including things they don't even bother when I'm not here.
So all I have to do to keep them from being wild and crazy is to stay gone. That should work :slant:. Right now the kittens are in the room and Bela is in here with me and Lovey is out front with the strays because I've started feeding them since my neighbor went out of town today.
I love how Lovey get's along with the kittens and except for one black and white stray cat, she gets along with the strays.
She's the most popular :bow: since the cat word has already gone out that I have the food now.
I'm going to talk to ARF about the stray gray cat that can't meow and see if I can get him an appointment with the vet. I'm really worried about him.

Siamese are troublemakers! :giggle: Meezer is almost 6 and he still acts like a kitten sometimes. He was hanging out on the arm of my couch. As I walked by he swiped at me! :lol: I turned around and looked at him and he stuck his paw out again and gave me the "What?" face.

He takes little swipes are Will and Roscoe too. They don't seem to mind though. I'm so relieved they are all getting along. :D

Siamese are troublemakers! :giggle: Meezer is almost 6 and he still acts like a kitten sometimes. He was hanging out on the arm of my couch. As I walked by he swiped at me! :lol: I turned around and looked at him and he stuck his paw out again and gave me the "What?" face.

He takes little swipes are Will and Roscoe too. They don't seem to mind though. I'm so relieved they are all getting along. :D

That is so Jack. He'll run right up to Lovey and put his nose to hers then swipe at her :tongue: Then they start chasing each other.
He'll jump out at me when I come out of a room or around a corner.
He's alot of fun but tends to get way out of control. He's sleeping behind me now, on the top of the book shelf.
I've half a mind to start biting his paws.:macdevil:

That is so Jack. He'll run right up to Lovey and put his nose to hers then swipe at her :tongue: Then they start chasing each other.
He'll jump out at me when I come out of a room or around a corner.
He's alot of fun but tends to get way out of control. He's sleeping behind me now, on the top of the book shelf.
I've half a mind to start biting his paws.:macdevil:

Awww! :cute:

I've looked online for an answer to this, but can't really find anything - how does very hot weather affect cats? From the little I've found, it doesn't seem to be as big of a concern for cats as it does with dogs, but again, I've read nothing definitive.

It's probably not as hot here as it is where many of you are, but so far we've had a very coolish-average spring, in the low 70's. Yesterday, it suddenly went up to the low to mid 90's, and with the humidity feels like the low 100's. It's supposed to be like this for the next few days. Yesterday, we kept them downstairs with us as much as possible, and they mostly laid around (very unusual for them!). Today, we put our A/C in downstairs, so it's more pleasant down here, but we don't have one upstairs. I think it should cool off enough at night though, that they should be okay sleeping upstairs in their room. Thoughts?

Lovey wants out in the mornings but by afternoon when it's in the 90's (heat index 100 or better, last week) she's ready to come back in. I don't let her out untill after I get home after 6.
I keep the ac on 80 when at work, but cool it down a bit after I get home.
The kitten's are dying to go out every time I open the door, but it's way to dangerous with all the cars in the parking lot and the strays around.
Plus I don't want the fleas to get started. I've really got remember to get something for Lovey for fleas. I haven't noticed any but she does have a lot of black on her has started scratching more.
I'm going bac to find the part of the thread where this was discussed. This could take a while. :rolleyes:

Cats can get hot and get strokes too although its rare.
When its really hot I wipe my guys down with a cold washcloth periodically.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) While they were out of the room last night, I opened the window to let it air out and cool off a bit, and then closed it just before I put them back in for the night (I'm too paranoid to leave it open with them in there). They were fine. During the hottest parts of the day, they're down here with us, chillin' in the A/C. :drool:

Lovey wants out in the mornings but by afternoon when it's in the 90's (heat index 100 or better, last week) she's ready to come back in. I don't let her out untill after I get home after 6.
I keep the ac on 80 when at work, but cool it down a bit after I get home.
The kitten's are dying to go out every time I open the door, but it's way to dangerous with all the cars in the parking lot and the strays around.
Plus I don't want the fleas to get started. I've really got remember to get something for Lovey for fleas. I haven't noticed any but she does have a lot of black on her has started scratching more.
I'm going bac to find the part of the thread where this was discussed. This could take a while. :rolleyes:

As long as you let even one of your kitties out, you will probably have fleas in the house, on the other kitties, and on you! :scream: I wish you could keep Lovey in, too--much safer for her! :love:

:yippie:

Just got back from taking Chloe to the vet for a routine checkup. This time a year ago she kept getting impacted anal glands, would poo and pee on the couch, and we'd have to take her to the vet to get them expunged :yikes:

Ever since we put her on special diet food last summer she has lost a full pound and is continuing to gradually lose in a healthy way :up: Minus her weight problem, she is a perfectly healthy kitty :D

:love: Lily taking a nap
lily.jpg

lol that's an odd spot :wink:

U2Dem great news about Chloe :)

Sue, you can get Frontline or Advantage from Pet Shed - Pet Supplies at Discount Prices! (cheapest I've found) to put on Lovey and Bela, I think its safe for nursing kittens but double check the website. Kittens over 8 weeks can get the orange tube Advantage or Frontline is safe as well.

It's funny how nothing is turned over or out of place except a few torn tissues or something played around with on the table, when I'm gone.
I let them have the rest of the apt. because I didn't want them bothering Bela while I'm at work. I came home for lunch and she is fine.
When I got home tonight and let Bela out while Lovey was outside, the kittens went wild.
So it's me, when I'm here, it's like you say VP, attention whores. They were all over me, the table and any other place I'm at.
Including things they don't even bother when I'm not here.
So all I have to do to keep them from being wild and crazy is to stay gone. That should work :slant:.

I thought of you last night. :lol: Like I've said, I always put them in their room when I can't watch them, and since it's been so hot for the past few days, they've been down with us almost constantly. Last night, I had to go out for ten minutes, and didn't want to have to herd them all up and put them in the room - with 6 of them, that takes longer than the errand would have taken. :crazy: So I told them all to behave, and I'd be right back. Rushed back, and they were just fine. Then I had to go out again for about 45 minutes, and decided to try leaving them downstairs again. Got home from that, and they were all lying huddled up together in my dining room, like perfect little angels. :cute: :lol: They NEVER do that when I'm home, there's always at least a couple of them tearing through the house at top speed.

I thought of you last night. :lol: Like I've said, I always put them in their room when I can't watch them, and since it's been so hot for the past few days, they've been down with us almost constantly. Last night, I had to go out for ten minutes, and didn't want to have to herd them all up and put them in the room - with 6 of them, that takes longer than the errand would have taken. :crazy: :lol: They NEVER do that when I'm home, there's always at least a couple of them tearing through the house at top speed.

I can't even imagine 6 . :crazy: Now that "Jack the Fearless" has found he can out run me, it's hell everytime he's out of the room and I just need to answer the door. All 4 of mine want to run out everytime I open the door.
I had to take Bela back to the vet this morning because she pulled out her stitches. Jack and Lovey both got out but I caught Jack. Lovey was around the corner before I could get back out, because I had to keep Maxie in put Bela in the car and look for Lovey. :ohmy: I had to leave because I was already late and we had a severe thunderstorm this afternoon so I was worried about Lovey all afternoon. :yikes:
So to wrap up, Bela is ok, Lovey is asleep on my foot and there are multi colored paws sticking out from under the bedroom door wanting out.
I'm too exhausted tonight to have them out running about wildly.
I hear the bell toys being played with back there, so the're occupied.:wink:

I can't even imagine 6 . :crazy: Now that "Jack the Fearless" has found he can out run me, it's hell everytime he's out of the room and I just need to answer the door. All 4 of mine want to run out everytime I open the door.
I had to take Bela back to the vet this morning because she pulled out her stitches. Jack and Lovey both got out but I caught Jack. Lovey was around the corner before I could get back out, because I had to keep Maxie in put Bela in the car and look for Lovey. :ohmy: I had to leave because I was already late and we had a severe thunderstorm this afternoon so I was worried about Lovey all afternoon. :yikes:
So to wrap up, Bela is ok, Lovey is asleep on my foot and there are multi colored paws sticking out from under the bedroom door wanting out.
I'm too exhausted tonight to have them out running about wildly.
I hear the bell toys being played with back there, so the're occupied.:wink:

What a circus! :lol: Kitty Mama, you've had a busy day. :hug:

This looks almost like Jack the Fearless.. except he is bigger and has
pinkish/orange ears and tail. and just jumped up in my lap.
But this is so cute.

image001.gif

This came in an email from a co-worker, saying:
I HAVE COMPUTER PROBLEMS. :lol:

Thanks for your help Sicy..:wink:

I've looked online for an answer to this, but can't really find anything - how does very hot weather affect cats? From the little I've found, it doesn't seem to be as big of a concern for cats as it does with dogs, but again, I've read nothing definitive.

I've been thinking/wondering about this on occassion for the past 2 -3 years- since I've been really enjoying the dogs i see in my nabe, :happy: and off-handedly reading seasonal articles about hot weather- with often a sub-article on watching out for your dogs inthe summer because they don't have sweat glands/ using their mouth/toungue to cool off.

SO then I thought....:hmm: what ABOUT cats? Since they're so prevelant as pets, too, and certainly there are enough people out there who can't afford the electric bill for a/c at all, or for very limited usage. :(

let's see if you've gotten an answer.

This little guy is a "lynx point" :heart:

100_0902_00.jpg

:cute: He's not offical or anything. The lynx, snowshoe, & red aren't recognized as show quality.

Oh how lovely he is Wild..:love:

and Lila, Jack would never fall asleep on the keyboard. He'd be too busy chasing the Beatles heads in your sig or the smilies. Only after he's chased/chewed my fingers of course..:wink:

Re. cats and hot weather - we don't have A/C and Michigan does get humid. Last week it was in the 90s already (and we JUST came off freezing temps and frost warnings). I've actually never had AC and two summers ago it was about 110 in our house for two weeks straight. Basically, the cats stay in the basement as much as possible (unfinished, so no help for humans). They aren't active at all (don't really play) and just flop around the house. I feed them a little less, make sure there's always water in the bowl. Sometimes I catch Beckham sitting in the sun on the porch, so they can't be THAT hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom