For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! :yikes: My house is nuts these days. Anything I have that's valued is put away. It's like having a whole houseful of active toddlers with a tendency for destruction.

:ohmy:
:giggle:

batten down the hatches! And NOT ONLY active
BUT, :uhoh: toddlers who love to climb on things too!

:giggle: I was a climber. Mom said she once looked in, and saw I'd climbed out of the crib, upon to something, and there up onto the bureau! :huh: :lol:

:ohmy:

oh I just saw your other post VP, i guess first try to look this up to see if it's some normal phase, or some type of stress issue for the kitties. :( Good Luck. :hug:

I love that uber-close of zooey, Sicy. While I don't find it cute, but beautiful. You can see how the fur angles this was, and that- following the facial countures. And the big beautful, green eyes.

and that ? persian? kittie! :cute::cute:

oh noez.. :sad:

I am a worried cat momma.. I came home from work today and noticed that isabella threw up on the bed (cat food) and on the carpet in the basement and our bedroom floor (clear stuff). She has been staying in one place, our bathroom floor the last couple of days (for the most part) and is staying there unless I pick her up. So this was concerning me. I then bent down to pet her and noticed she has a bump about the size of a nickel in the area below her ear where she rubs all the time (there is basically no fur in this area). I have never seen this before. I don't think she bumped herself or anything. So, knowing how she is with vets (oy vey) I called a local vet that has a really good rep and made a appointment for tomorrow.. :depressed:

what could this be? A spider bite? She lets me touch it with no problem.

oh noez.. :sad:

I am a worried cat momma.. I came home from work today and noticed that isabella threw up on the bed (cat food) and on the carpet in the basement and our bedroom floor (clear stuff). She has been staying in one place, our bathroom floor the last couple of days (for the most part) and is staying there unless I pick her up. So this was concerning me. I then bent down to pet her and noticed she has a bump about the size of a nickel in the area below her ear where she rubs all the time (there is basically no fur in this area). I have never seen this before. I don't think she bumped herself or anything. So, knowing how she is with vets (oy vey) I called a local vet that has a really good rep and made a appointment for tomorrow.. :depressed:

what could this be? A spider bite? She lets me touch it with no problem.

One of my cats (Ricky) has a cyst on his neck (about the size and shape of a small marble) and it came up really fast too. I made sure I got him to the vet pretty quickly too. It's nothing major and apparently doesn't cause him any pain, but I have to keep an eye on it and will eventually have it removed.

I think that bump coupled with the vomiting is a good reason to get her in there as soon as you can. With any luck it's minor, but it's best to make sure. :hug:

One of my cats (Ricky) has a cyst on his neck (about the size and shape of a small marble) and it came up really fast too. I made sure I got him to the vet pretty quickly too. It's nothing major, but I have to keep an eye on it and will eventually have it removed.

I think that bump coupled with the vomiting is a good reason to get her in there as soon as you can. With any luck it's minor, but it's best to make sure. :hug:

thanks indra! I thought about that too, a cyst. It looks like it could be one. It is more like the size of a marble. Like I said it doesn't hurt or at all when I touch it. She is ok, just resting for now nothing that's alarming. The vomiting was earlier in the day. But being a cat mommy I will keep a very close eye on her.

That doesnt sound very good, if she's acting lethargic. Is she eating and drinking? I know she's horrid at the vet but it sounds like she really has to go this time :hug:

That doesnt sound very good, if she's acting lethargic. Is she eating and drinking? I know she's horrid at the vet but it sounds like she really has to go this time :hug:

since I have been home from work I haven't seen her eat or drink. But when hubby was cooking she came upstairs and rubbed on his leg like she usually does..

thanks sicy for the :hug:

<<worried but ok..

That worries me too. If it was a concussion or something it would hurt her to touch it of course. The way these kittens of mine fall and bump into things it's a wonder they don't knock themselves out. (or me:lol:)
I know you're watching her closely. If you haven't done it already, get a magnifying glass and look for a puncture mark. If there is one, get her to a vet immediately.
Also If you notice any peeling away of the skin then it very well could be a spider bite. Brown recluse and black widow spiders hide in out of the way (usually dark) places where cat's just love to explore.

Isabella & mommie :hug:

That worries me too. If it was a concussion or something it would hurt her to touch it of course. The way these kittens of mine fall and bump into things it's a wonder they don't knock themselves out. (or me:lol:)
I know you're watching her closely. If you haven't done it already, get a magnifying glass and look for a puncture mark. If there is one, get her to a vet immediately.
Also If you notice any peeling away of the skin then it very well could be a spider bite. Brown recluse and black widow spiders hide in out of the way (usually dark) places where cat's just love to explore.

Isabella & mommie :hug:

i looked real closely. I dont see a puncture mark at all. I don't have a magnifying glass.

the skin is not crusty or peeling away at all. I almost didn't notice cuz it is the part of her fur that she rubs her head with. So I am used to that patch of fur where there like no fur, just skin.

thanks for the :hug:

since I have been home from work I haven't seen her eat or drink. But when hubby was cooking she came upstairs and rubbed on his leg like she usually does..

thanks sicy for the :hug:

<<worried but ok..

Cats hide pain very well. It's important that she's hydrated, or that can cause bigger problems. Do you think you can get her in tomorrow? Poor sweetie, give her some kisses for me.

Cats hide pain very well. It's important that she's hydrated, or that can cause bigger problems. Do you think you can get her in tomorrow? Poor sweetie, give her some kisses for me.

I know.. She is herself this morning and last nite (she did her usual coming upstairs with me when I went to bed and then crawling up and sitting on my chest for some serious petting from me like she always does every nite). This morning she was hanging with me in the bathroom like she always does too which are good signs of course. And was drinking water plenty today. The bump feels smaller but I am still gonna take her to the vet no matter what.. I have a appt at 4:10pm today so we'll see what they say.. If its a cyst I am wondering if they will biopsy it. Probably take some blood work.. ($$$ i see dollar signs..oy)

thanks Lila! :hug: :kiss:

I'm glad you're taking her in. Since she is older (right?) and hasnt been to the vet in a while, make sure they do a blood panel...its a good thing to do at her age even if she seems ok. Good luck!

I'm glad you're taking her in. Since she is older (right?) and hasnt been to the vet in a while, make sure they do a blood panel...its a good thing to do at her age even if she seems ok. Good luck!

yeah she is 15 yrs old now.. So yes, blood panel is a good idea. I am completely dreading this but I know it has to be done whether her behavior is fine or not. Ugh...

If its matted really bad it could fall off. It should grow back but you should make sure the cat doesnt get matted again, by brushing it or cutting off the mats. It can lead to pretty bad skin conditions if not treated.

See, Sicy, I dont know if its a natural thing, but can darker cats have problems?

Mine has dark running down her back, so an area had become matted.
We gently brushed it out and she is a bit baldy there, not that noticable thou.

the hairs too, feel like dry.

we are keeping an eye on it. do you think it could be diet?

See, Sicy, I dont know if its a natural thing, but can darker cats have problems?

Mine has dark running down her back, so an area had become matted.
We gently brushed it out and she is a bit baldy there, not that noticable thou.

the hairs too, feel like dry.

we are keeping an eye on it. do you think it could be diet?

The color of the fur has nothing to do with it. If the cat is a long hair cat it will be more prone to mats. Or, it could be an allergic reaction to fleas, or diet yes.

girls, why would a cat start to lose hair in an area?
can that be permanent?

(area that was matted)

I would read up about that but somehow I find it easier to ask here, as you lot are nice. :hug:

Fungus or ringworm, stud tail, cat over grooms itself, hypothyroid, parasites (fleas, mange...), poor diet (allergies).... could be a number of reasons. Posh is the only one of my cats to ever lose hair. When she has a bout of feline acne on her chin sometimes she gets a tiny patch of hair loss. It's only on her chin and to prevent it we feed her off a flat plate so her chin doesn't rub and gently wash the area with antibacterial soap if it comes back.

I have to have my cats sleep with me. They dont always want to, but Saki is usually the one that is always on my bed. In the mornings he wakes me up by purring in my ear and licking my earlobes lol, while making a nest on my neck or my hair. He'll cuddle up right next to my face but usually only sits there for a few minutes. Zoey usually only comes and bothers me on the weekends when I sleep in. She likes to sleep on my back :cute:

I don't b/c the dogs sleep in our room and the cats are nocturnal so they have the rest of the house to themselves. They all lay by me on the couch though. Poshie likes to sleep with me on my pillow, but she is a very odd cat and chews my hair all night, which results in me losing clumps of hair and having bites on my scalp. When we are gone during the day they sleep on the bed. I have a blanket for them to sleep on so they don't get hair in the sheets.

In our house, sleeping in the humans' bedroom and/or on the humans' bed is an earned right. The animal has to prove they will actually sleep and not be a pest all night. The dogs have earned the right, but Beckham and Marijke would rather chase shadows and howl at the door all night. Poshie was good until the hair chewing obsession.

Also, in the summer it's just too damn hot to have animals on the bed. It already stays in the 80s indoors all night and the bedroom is the hottest room so we have a hard enough time keeping ourselves cool.

She likes to sleep on my back :cute:

Last week I was exhausted this one day, and was having a nap on the sofa. I was just dosing off, and I felt little kitten paws walking across my back. If I'd gotten up and moved him or her, I would have been wide awake again, so I just laid there thinking "he/she will jump down in a minute." He did, and I went to sleep. When I got up, Sarah told me it was Jack who had walked across my back, and she thought I slept through it. :cute: :lol:

At night, they still go into their room. If they didn't, I don't think I'd get much sleep. :crazy: Kitty likes to snuggle by my legs, though. :cute:

Aww, my guy likes to curl up in the small of my back when I'm laying on the couch :cute: Of course I toss and turn too much in bed for him to sleep on me, but he tries, lol.

our three take turns harassing my wife :giggle:

Sherman will sit on the pillow above her head, put his back against the wall for leverage and then slowly push her off the pillow with his feet

Sid will lay in her arms and reach out with his paws all night and flex his claws in her face.

Nip will stand on her back and kneed all night…

Oh! This is a really nice topic! I adore the cats... specially mine... she is a Blue Mitted Ragdoll and her name is Breaky...:heart:

DSC03701.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom