For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear the sad news too Indra. :( That was so sudden.

I was at a friends today and one of her cats was skin and bones. She said she has just started rapidly dropping the weight in the last week or so, her vet says she is sick and dying but doesn't know why. :ohmy: That really surprised me.

Liesje said:
I was trying to take a pic of Beckham and he decided to sniff my lens

2363109270_68c6bfba69.jpg

Beckhams fur is amazingly shiny. :ohmy::love:

VintagePunk said:

This is the one I'm talking about:
DSC02158.jpg

OMG! :combust: :love:

:cute:

I can't believe its going to cost so much to spay them al and you can't get any help, but its amazing you're going to save and do it yourself. :hug::heart:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. :yes:

Sicy said:
Do you have any idea what was wrong with her? Was she old?

I talked to my vet today and from my description she thinks Maddie died of heart failure and perhaps a blood clot. My mom had heart failure and yes what Maddie had does remind me of mom's problems.

It's entirely possible Maddie had some pretty major heart problems that were never diagnosed. One of my vets did hear a heart murmur in her at one vet visit -- neither ever heard it again, but that doesn't mean she didn't have heart problems that didn't show up on a typical exam.

Maddie was 13. Not particularly old, but within the senior cat range.

In other cat news, Loki went back to the vet on Thursday because he's still not eating well after having his teeth out. He got a few shots (antibiotic because sometimes the oral one makes them feel a bit icky; a different pain reliever because the one he was getting sometimes makes them not want to eat; and some pepcid to help calm his tummy) which might help encourage him to eat more. So far he still doesn't seem very interested in eating. He's still perky and seems to feel pretty good, but the not eating is getting a bit worrisome. I can force feed him a little bit, but he is VERY resistant to being held or confined in any way, so it's quite a challenge and pretty traumatic for him. On the plus side his mouth is healing very well, so if he'll get eating he should be one very happy cat (he doesn't seem unhappy now, but he needs to get eating).

Can you try baby food? Tuna juice? Chicken broth? I hope he gets his appetite back soon :hug:

I've tried the tuna water (it worked before when his teeth were sore) but he's not going for that right now. I did get him to drink up a bit of that special cat milk -- maybe a tablespoon and a half to two tablespoons over the last eight hours or so. And just now I got him to drink up the juice from a can of Friskies loaf cat food (my cats just love canned Friskies cat food -- when they won't eat anything else they will often eat that) and he ate a couple of small bites of it too. It's a start, so I'm pleased with it.

Now I'm going to force feed him a bit of the Prescription a/d canned stuff (it's that really pureed stuff and easy to give with a syringe, plus it's high cal) and then give him his pain med for the night. With any luck he will want to eat more in the morning.

indra said:
I've tried the tuna water (it worked before when his teeth were sore) but he's not going for that right now. I did get him to drink up a bit of that special cat milk -- maybe a tablespoon and a half to two tablespoons over the last eight hours or so. And just now I got him to drink up the juice from a can of Friskies loaf cat food (my cats just love canned Friskies cat food -- when they won't eat anything else they will often eat that) and he ate a couple of small bites of it too. It's a start, so I'm pleased with it.

Now I'm going to force feed him a bit of the Prescription a/d canned stuff (it's that really pureed stuff and easy to give with a syringe, plus it's high cal) and then give him his pain med for the night. With any luck he will want to eat more in the morning.

Hope things are going better. Hugs to you and Loki. :hug:

I just had a little bouquet of flowers delivered from my vet. :) Three roses and some baby's breath, etc. I wonder if they thought of one rose for each cat I've lost since the end of October, or if it just turned out that way? Whatever the intention (or lack of intention) that's how I'm going to think of it.

indra said:
I just had a little bouquet of flowers delivered from my vet. :) Three roses and some baby's breath, etc. I wonder if they thought of one rose for each cat I've lost since the end of October, or if it just turned out that way? Whatever the intention (or lack of intention) that's how I'm going to think of it.

Well, that is pretty sweet of them to do that, which ever it is. :hug: Our vet sent a sympathy card when Miss Purrl passed.

Guess who just ate some canned cat food? Yep, Loki!!! :yippie:

I had him back at the vet late this afternoon for some subcu fluids and one of the vet techs also force fed him (you know with a syringe) a mixture of water and one of these little cans of "cuts and gravy" cat food (I think it was Fancy Feast). Loki didn't get many of the chunks, mostly just water and gravy, but it was more than I'd been able to get him to eat. (The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror :angry: )

Anyway, I get him home and he gives himself a thorough cleaning (he had cat food gravy all over his muzzle and front paws) and then takes a little nap. When he wakes up he wants something to eat! That time it was just a little liquid from the canned cat food, but just now he wants to eat again and this time he's more insistent -- and he licked some of the cat food right out of the can! He hasn't eaten a whole lot yet -- maybe a few teaspoons total since I got him home -- but he is eating some and he is showing a whole lot more interest in eating. I'm so pleased (and relieved too)! :)

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that he will continue to improve. :yes:

indra said:

I had him back at the vet late this afternoon for some subcu fluids and one of the vet techs also force fed him (you know with a syringe) a mixture of water and one of these little cans of "cuts and gravy" cat food (I think it was Fancy Feast). Loki didn't get many of the chunks, mostly just water and gravy, but it was more than I'd been able to get him to eat. (The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror :angry: )

Anyway, I get him home and he gives himself a thorough cleaning (he had cat food gravy all over his muzzle and front paws) and then takes a little nap. When he wakes up he wants something to eat! That time it was just a little liquid from the canned cat food, but just now he wants to eat again and this time he's more insistent -- and he licked some of the cat food right out of the can! He hasn't eaten a whole lot yet -- maybe a few teaspoons total since I got him home -- but he is eating some and he is showing a whole lot more interest in eating. I'm so pleased (and relieved too)! :)

Glad to hear this--go, Loki! Isn't it amazing how they behave so well for the vet, then are such little turds at home sometimes? :wink: Hope things continue to improve! :hug:

indra said:
(The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror :angry: )

It's always like that for me too :tsk:

indra said:

That so great indra!! Maybe things are turning around apetite wise. :up:

I followed your lead and got some canned food for Lovey.
She also licked the gravy off the chunks and then ate a little more dry food.. She hasn't gone back for the chunks but no worries, Bela will eat them. I haven't found anything she won't eat. :drool:
I noticed last night the kittens are sticking their heads in the bowl when Bela eats. So I bought some kitten food and will start putting that out for them in case they decide to start eating.
Not quite a month old yet but they are eager little kitties.
They are starting to wobble/run to me when I come in the
room, now. That rocks. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom