For Cat Lovers Only VII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babydoll said:
Awww that pic is so cute! Just proves how loyal and faithful pets/animals are. People may come and go but animals who trust you will love you unconditionally and are always there....

Agreed.

Sicy said:
Yeah that's why I love animals more than people. :shh:

same here! I really love Miep a lot, and I'm much closer to her than to my parents... :huh: sounds weird yea... but it's true...
:cute: this morning when I woke up, she was sleeping right next to my head, with her body in full lenght next to mine... she's never done trhat before with me, usually sleeps at my feet... :cute: wish I had a camera!

Me too... Animals stick by you through thick and thin, never judge you, never let you down. Always affectionate, always warm, always give you their all! :love:

Sicy said:
Here's a couple of me and Patches today. She is feeling so much better and being really smooshy with me :heart:

mepatty2.jpg

mepatty3.jpg

These are such sweet pics! :cute:

Chloe survived the move. She seems so much happier. :)

She was a maniac the first day. :lol: The next day she was quiet. But now she is happy. We lived on the third floor before where she couldn't see much but now that we are on the first she seems very happy. :)

OK Chloe has an "Impacted Anal Gland". The vet began emptying the glands or whatever it was that was full of too much fluid so hopefully she should be getting better. I dont' know how long it's supposed to be before she's back to "normal" though.

U2democrat said:
OK Chloe has an "Impacted Anal Gland". The vet began emptying the glands or whatever it was that was full of too much fluid so hopefully she should be getting better. I dont' know how long it's supposed to be before she's back to "normal" though.

Worf's anal glands became abcessed (lovely, I know :reject: ). I guess they were impacted/got infected and we didn't know (Worf was still using the litterbox okay) and then they burst (and then she didn't use the litter box okay). It sounds like you got Chloe to the vet before it got to that point :up:.

It happened to Worf a few times before the vet found an anti-biotic that took care of it.

Speaking of anal glands, Marijke tried to musk Posh for attempting to steal her meat. I was in the fridge getting some roast beef and I dropped this huge piece. The cats got it and tried to run, but I took it away. I gave it back though b/c it already hair hair and gross stuff on it from the floor. Then I heard Marijke growl and say Posh trying to take the meat. A while later, Marijke was sitting by me licking her butt and I kept smelling this terrible smell. I held up Marijke and she smelled so bad I wanted to barf! *gag* Ick! Beckham's never musked and Posh has only done it like 4 times, all when I was having to hold her down to get her nails. Everyone's avoiding Marijke and she looks really sad and neglected!

Babydoll said:
Awww that pic is so cute! Just proves how loyal and faithful pets/animals are. People may come and go but animals who trust you will love you unconditionally and are always there....

This is so true. :yes:

Animals. :love:

Liesje - The pic of Beckhams paw is :cute:

Sicy - that picture of Patches looking up at you. :cute::heart: What you did for her was great. :up:

I hope Chloe feels better soon. :hug:

I feel so bad for my cats, especially Marijke. It got to 89 today, which isn't that bad I know, but it's always hotter inside than out since I have to close up all the windows with the threat of rain. Poor Marijke has never been through a summer, and she looks very confused about being stuck with longer hair and getting so hot!

I hate when its hot, no AC here. What I do for them if I think they're very hot is wipe them down periodically with a damp washcloth. Mine pretend to hate it at first but then they keep coming back to me for more damp pets :wink:

:hmm: Never tried the damp cloth trick, that's a good idea. We set up a box fan in the living room on hot days and what usually happens is our two cats and our dog all pile on top of each other to share the prime breezy spot. One of the cats and the dog used to do the same thing in the bathtub (which is also a cool spot) before we bought the fan. It's very cute, although it seems like it kinda defeats the purpose, I would think they'd get so hot being pressed together like that that it counteracts whatever the fan does.

Sicy said:
I hate when its hot, no AC here. What I do for them if I think they're very hot is wipe them down periodically with a damp washcloth. Mine pretend to hate it at first but then they keep coming back to me for more damp pets :wink:

Hmm, I could try this. No AC here either. The new digs will have a little basement, which usually are cooler (though more damp, if that's even possible) and they like to lay on the cement. I try to leave a window or door open here, but the hottest most humid days are of course the ones that are suppose to have thunderstorms.

Gah! I'm not having good cat luck lately. We think Beckham might have had a seizure or some kind of convulsion, but it's hard to say b/c he always convulses all his muscles when he pukes. He has a sensitive stomach so he does throw up once every few weeks, especially if he eats a little leaf off the floor or something else he's not supposed to have. When he barfs, his whole body heaves and he makes this weird noise. Well, I heard him making the noise behind the couch and I didn't want him barfing there on the carpet, so I scooted him over to the linoleum. But then I noticed his pupils were really big, there was clear phlegm all around his mouth, and when he tried to get up he kept falling over. When I called his name he didn't respond and when I turned on more lights, his eyes stayed really big. He stopped doing the convulsions like he does when he pukes, so I left him be for a minute, then he just got up and walked away. After that, his eyes were normal and he came back when I called his name. I dunno if he was working really hard on a hairball or actually seizing. :huh:

Wow that sounds really scary :( Maybe you should get him checked out. Beckham :hug:

Here are some recent pics of my little guy. He likes to think he owns the place!

river.png

DSCN1473a.jpg

And here he is with his baby. It's a tiny toy seal thingy and he cleans it and hugs it like it's his child. SO CUTE!

DSCN1284.jpg

I agree, the heat can be terrible for thick furred kitties. Poor Maxxy, in the winter he's really nice and warm and curled up into a ball next to the heater, now all he does is try to sit on the window sills of open windows.

Sicy - we tried the damp cloth cooldown last night and he yowled and ran away :lol: I told you, he hates water more than the average kitty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom