For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it would be if I went to the cat hospital in town, about 3-5x as much. For some reason this animal hospital out in the country is so much cheaper and tons of people recommended them to me, so they must not be shady. It's almost too good to be true....but, I think they get a lot of new vets that just finished school so maybe they are working up the pay scale?

When Kenya had a cortisone injection it was only $20!!! I have arthritis in my foot and am supposed to get injections, but can't afford them. I wonder if I could just pay the vet....

My old vet in the country was pretty cheap too. Even when they built a new vet hospital their prices stayed good. Being out in the country they both didn't have to charge as much and couldn't charge as much. When I first moved I seriously considered still going to them but 110+ miles (one way) was a bit too much (it was 25 miles each way when they were "local" to me).

My current vet is expensive (at least to me) but close and the animals have done very well with the treatment they get there so I'll manage. I have found a clinic that does spaying, neutering and vaccinations quite cheaply so if that's all that needs to be done for a particular animal I take them there. It makes a big difference to my bank balance.

Must be a country vet thing then. This animal hospital also has a large farm service. Maybe that's where they bring in the money.

I can also get very cheap routine vaccs done at the Humane Society since I volunteer there, but I keep forgetting this and I'd rather keep all the medical records in one place.

Liesje said:
Bwahahah I KNEW I heard something *thud* upstairs!

2073085082_75c9865024.jpg

2072293743_2223d178a8.jpg

:lmao:

caught red handed!!!!!!!!!!! GUILTY....

Exhibit A on defendant's face... :giggle:

In dogworld, status is often indicated by actual position. The top dog gets the "higher" position (the couch, the bed, etc).

The pecking order, hehe
2071898549_7580763c12.jpg

Liesje said:
In dogworld, status is often indicated by actual position. The top dog gets the "higher" position (the couch, the bed, etc).

The pecking order, hehe
2071898549_7580763c12.jpg

world order is completely messed up in ur house.. :giggle:

that is so funny ! :lmao:

Cats just rule.... :D

when I was younger and had both a cat and dog I distinctly remember the cat ruling the house and the dog low on the totem pole... :wink:

Poor Saki has to go to the vet on Friday. I'm pretty sure someone had blood in their urine so I bought that First Alert cat litter that's supposed to change colors if there is a urinary issue, and his pee turned blue in it (alert!). Zoey's turned yellow (normal) but then Saki's turned yellow this morning so I'm totally confused. Havent seen any blood since but he's going in anyway. He's due for his annual exam anyway. He HATES going to the vet.. I hate to do this to him :( I just hope I dont have to put him on meds because he's impossible to pill.

The CBC here ran an interesting piece on Vets in Canada and how there are no regulations regarding prices for pet medicine...

They called 100 random veterinary clinics across the country to find out the price for 100 pills of Tapazole 5mg (used to treat hyperthyroidism).

The prices they were quoted ranged anywhere from $26.25 to $110 :huh:

What I found must disgusting was that vets are encouraged to charge as much as they can for the medicine and in many cases will stand by and watch people euthanize their pets because they can’t afford medicines…

I'm not sure if this applies to the US as well but it raises some interesting questions...

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/

Hehe.. I can photoshop something if you want. I'm totally bored today at work. I'm not a pro but I can try if you want to send me one good full body pic of each animal.

Hmmm, I need to get 2 dogs and three cats to sit still....

Or, maybe I'll find a pic of the three cats. The dogs have real Christmas clothes they can wear for a picture.

You can just give me them seperate if you want. I have a cute snow / tree background I can make them all sitting around it. I can photoshop christmas hats on the cats and collars on the dogs :wink:

Ok this one belongs on a calendar or something~ Lots of your pics do.

879989278_fad58ffd95.jpg

None of the Beckham ones are working for me. I just need one of his full body laying down straight or .. something to that effect. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom