Finally we have an album: SONGS OF INNOCENCE!! DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on track 9 and the only thing I keep saying in my head is " I wanna hear this one live" that is a great sign. I'm loving it so far. It's gonna be a long night here in the uk , I'm not getting much sleep after this

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

6 pack of Guinness, heading home from work....let the listening party begin.

I might cry.

On October 13th the physical release of Songs of Innocence comes with a 24-page booklet. A deluxe, gatefold double album (White vinyl), contains an acoustic session of songs from the album and four additional tracks: Lucifer's Hands, The Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles (Alternative version) and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

Looks like U2.com description now is a bit different. I'm a bit unclear as to whether the bonus tracks are going to be on the CD, or just the vinyl.

On October 13th the physical release of Songs of Innocence comes with a 24-page booklet. A deluxe, gatefold double album, contains an acoustic session of songs from the album and four additional tracks: Lucifer's Hands, The Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles (Alternative version) and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

The album will also be available as a gatefold, double white-vinyl LP with an exclusive remix of "The Crystal Ballroom".

When Bono first screamed "raised by wolves" I looked at the liner notes expecting to see guest vocals by Dexter Holland

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

ok. this album is good, I like it cause I like U2. However this is a bumper album, with that, I mean this is not a definitive final product and not even close to the ''next big thing'' name one of this songs that can get air play and remain in the lists for a while. this was for marketing purposes in first place, to fulfill record company commitments and to backup the apple party. my favorite is ''sleep like a baby tonite'':heart:

I think it's hard to choose one track cause all the tracks are that good not because there's no stand out track. There's not one bum track on here

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well fuck. This is certainly unexpected. The sound is new, but definitely intriguing. I like how the album starts.

Anyone else having problems getting the digital booklet to work? I've deleted and redownloaded several times, my Mac won't recognize the format or thinks the file is damaged.

I'm about 3/4s through, what sticks out to me the most so far is that it doesn't feel too "overcooked" like HTDAAB or NLOTH did to me. Which is surprising given the 5.5 year gap. Maybe a 2nd release is coming soon?

It'll take a long time to explore this album adequately, but for right now, I don't doubt Bono when he says it's the most personal album they've made.

I have the booklet. I like it, it's deffo "rough and ready" with the typewriter typeface, to chime with the "punk roots" theme

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

This is happening isn't it? that guitar from edge in the troubles, so so simple but wow

And 'The Troubles' closes out a fantastic album. Wow, so refreshing. I will definitely do another listening party later tonight. What an incredible day. U2 just proved that they are still the biggest band in the world by doing the biggest album release in music history.

There is not one shitty track on this album. Bravo, U2. Bring on the fucking tour!

Just as previous new directions have come out if stand out songs on previous albums, this seems to come from the feeling fez to me. Just better formed and more layered

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

for all y'all having trouble only being able to access snippets, try logging out, then clicking on the album, then the "free" tab, then logging in again, and it should download and be available, that's what I had to do.

yep me too...

That's been my fear for a long time, the constant last second decisions (even more than usual) the thematic look-back and touches of earlier sounds from the band just reminded me too much of R.E.M.'s Collapse Into Now. But now the thematic look back seems firmly about the band discovering its love for music and its expressive power, this almost sounds more like a restated mission statement. Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic for once, and still rather excited from all this.

i like the album, dont take me wrong. but...This is not commercial, not for masses, and U2 is a band for masses. problem is when they go on tour again, they will be playing AB and everything else which is what we love again and again. they are becoming like a vegas stand show repeating every night cause the new material dont hit like it used to. I love the album though cause I am a U2 fan.

This doesnt sound like reinvention to me rather then rediscovery, which isnt always a bad thing :)

It'll take a long time to explore this album adequately, but for right now, I don't doubt Bono when he says it's the most personal album they've made.

I was thinking the same thing. The whole mood of the album is very personal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom