FH's thread - I'll write more over time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Honor.........here's something I just read today that will bring your back....

seems out there in the game world the word "UNACCEPTABLE" has appeared.........

oh.....I love a good chess game.........................just to sit back and watch all the players and their next moves.

I know I should be out there dragon hunting..................

carol
wizard2c
:|

PS: For Honor...can you bring back out your "Unacceptable" sig...just for a few days?

(boars and hares are said to get along well, lady luck :up: )

(and though I'm just checking in, I wouldn't have posted anything if it weren't for your comment there, Carol - what signature are you talking about? Can you describe it more? "Unnacceptable", :hmm: .... I would put it up, but I don't remember which one. I'll check in later, if I can)

For Honor, you can ignore it......because the word "accept" appeared again in the world wide game........."we will accept nothing but.................".

Accept.......unacceptable..............{ugh}..I'm so tired of it all.

I wrote a very good poem last night called Flag....but unfortunately because of its content I cannot post it. Besides most wouldn't pay attention to it anyway....so I'll keep it with my journals.

I've been troubled the past few days.....so I have not been sleepng well. The strange part is today I decided to wash the bed linens and on the sheet I found one of my father's golden rings......I don't know how it got there or why......so I've set it near my crystal ball. From what I understand my father also had the ability to foresee but I only knew him 17 of my young years before he passed away. Perhaps my mentor meant me to find that ring.......and have it. I did not mention it to my mother...perhaps she was looking through some of his momentos and inadvertently left it on the bed. Anyway, it is an item I will treasure.
It is so pretty.....it has a diamond and red stone set in 10k gold. Gandalf has a sole red stone set in 10k gold. So i wonder what the diamond would represent.
This is more than a coincidence.......it was meant to be.

I've been rather sad for many reasons...one of which my friend finally came home and the cancer has spread throughout her body and the doctors give her 5 months at the most. She wants to travel a bit...but is so tired all the time.....

I'm reading an interesting article in Scientific American called The Illusion of Gravity. Must keep up my studies and learn more

carol
wizard2c

Well, in my 'briefer than expected' break from interference, I come back to you all a little mystified, a little lost.

There are more things that I don't understand.

But that might mean more writing for you all to see, so....... who knows.......

Great, For Honor.......like to read your writings. "UGH"......I misspelled sleeping in my post......I always try to spell-check........{my mentor always wants me to be perfect}.....I must watch these things closer.

Waves......it's all the waves why people can't sleep soundly anymore....and fear and tension and anxiety......oh no.....does this mean more sleepless nights? I hope not.

I spoke with my friend today....she's still unclear from the doctor her time left....she mentioned something about 8 weeks.....hope she was mistaken..........

So we come to the Lord of the Rings again...and "Use well the days".

carol
wizard2c

waiting........

I've done too much of that, in some regards....
I gotta keep myself busy
"so I don't think so much", as it has been said.

"Those who are highly evolved maintain an undiscriminating perception. Seeing everything, labeling nothing, they maintain their awareness of the great Oneness. Thus they are supported by it." -Lao-tzu.

!!!!!!!!!

I GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA remember thisone.........

Good King Wenceslas looked out on the Feast of Stephen,
When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even.
Brightly shone the moon that night, though the frost was cruel,
When a poor man came in sight, gathering winter fuel.

“Hither, page, and stand by me, if you know it, telling,
Yonder peasant, who is he? Where and what his dwelling?”
“Sire, he lives a good league hence, underneath the mountain,
Right against the forest fence, by Saint Agnes’ fountain.”

“Bring me flesh and bring me wine, bring me pine logs hither,
Thou and I will see him dine, when we bear them thither.”
Page and monarch, forth they went, forth they went together,
Through the rude wind’s wild lament and the bitter weather.

“Sire, the night is darker now, and the wind blows stronger,
Fails my heart, I know not how; I can go no longer.”
“Mark my footsteps, my good page, tread now in them boldly,
You shall find the winter’s rage freeze your blood less coldly.”

In his master’s steps he trod, where the snow lay dinted;
Heat was in the very sod which the saint had printed.
Therefore, Christian men, be sure, wealth or rank possessing,
You who now will bless the poor shall yourselves find blessing.

^ my newfavorite christmas carol for the year.

Good King Wenceslas... I like the newer, slightly upbeatversions, especially with a nice Sweedish accent. Girls with Sweedish accents have pretty voices, especially whenthey can sing well.

:)

Last edited:
This phrase keeps coming to my mind:

"Being honest and trustworthy themselves, they ( boars )have a hard time understanding the motives of those with less scruples. "

I know someone just like that..... some interesting things have happened to her because her honest and trustworthhy ways........

For Honor said:
I know someone just like that..... some interesting things have happened to her because her honest and trustworthhy ways........

well, I have the impression that this part of my personality is just giving to others the possibility to play me around...

I've always said that courtesy is only useful around those who respect it.

Cycnical, but eveident in my life.

As a boar.... apparently you really need to watch out and make sure people don't take advantage of you. :shrug:

But I'm sure you can manage. Just find someone who respects your qualities, and doesn't exploit them.
:up:

not sure I can manage...

But perhaps the weather is playing hard on me
Cold air and grey sky aren't doing any good to my state of mind and mood

:happy:

I'm writting something, and I'm very proud of it :D

I've finished the actual writing part, and now I'm just going over the grammar and stuff........ it's going to be the first time since 11th grade that I've raelly put this much effort into anything, I think.

But it's something special, and also, I think I like putting in the effort, I enjoy making something as goodas it can be. Much more than in the past...... and besides.....

A topic such as this could only deserve the best........

:hyper: :hyper:

For Honor said:
http://members.tripod.com/~gb7337/page-5.html

^ another interesting site.
The woman who's writingit is probably a Rabbit, because she makes them sound very good :shrug:

You know what I love of the Chinese horoscope?
they talk about bad parts, negative things too.

Common horoscope often portays all people as the best in the world, while here they give advice against some signs

Really interesting!!

that is true.

when you look further into it, there are so many different intepretations. Western and Eastern zodaic can be sound to make optomistic, or negative, depending on who is saying it, and how.

:shrug:

THat's why they are so flexible.

I find them good at pointing things out, but one cannot really look to a zodiac to find answers. Maybe to help understand yourself, but that's really it. Good writings help explain your strengths and your weaknesses, and make it more clear that your destiny is in your own hands.

We may be spirits in a material world, but....
we're all accountible for ourselves, too

ANyone ever see that show where they swap housewives?

To see how everyone's life style is different.

People get so worked up, and are so conceited, thinking that their way is the right way, the best, and refuese to accept their weaknesses, yet celebrate theirs strengths...

I hope that everyone is not this way.
Otherwise, we aren't making much progress as a human race..........

"Those who are highly evolved maintain an undiscriminating perception. Seeing everything, labeling nothing, they maintain their awareness of the great Oneness. Thus they are supported by it."

lau tzu

For Honor....."Oneness".......as the World and all who dwell thereon?
Seems most people see "Oneness" as ego.

I see you changed you sig again.......is this anyone in particular?

carol
wizard2c

And let me tell you, I'm the most conceited of them all

It's me in my signature. There's only one "guy" that I'd want to look at all the time, and, narccissitcally, it's me. However, it is also strange for me to see a stamp of myself on every post.

It is in some wasys humbling, and very thought provoking, believe it or not.

It's the ultimate into/extro blend - to be externally motivated by yourself.....

I am not afraid of anything in this world

So really, what is it?
What is there to be afraid of
Fear? Death? Pain?
:shrug:
There really isn't anything I am afraid of

I am concerned, I want to live and succeed and thrive.....
But...... there's nothing to be afraid of
Not even people
Not even people who hate you.

I'm not afraid to die
I'm not afraid to live
But when I'm flat on my back
I hope to feel like I did....

I think I need to remember that one, or put it on my sig......

I read the Rabbit profile... I was impressed of how many characteristics of the signs fit you and the things you told me about yourself.
You are the same sign of my mother, but I have the impression she's not well described by this sign...
Or, maybe, she's very good at pretending...

I'm totally hooked on Chinese horoscope now!!
I had a look through the other signs...
I found out that my sistes is a monkey -- the descriprion, though, doesn't seem to fit so well..
apart for this two lines
"she speaks with forked tongue.
one can plainly see why they are never dull but rather sharp, confident, and opportunistic"

And my dad is a Dog & my boss is a Snake -- must go & check their profiles...

Most surprisig: my collegue and another important person of my life are Boars like me -- but I don't see much in common between us...

In particular, my collegue ... he's not as supposed to be in the profile, unfortunately for me!

I don't know when Vladimir was born -- I just know he was born in 1969, so he could be either rooster or monkey
So, nothing matching with a Boar :)

I'm a strange one, because I fit the rabbit descprtions fairly well. But like, when it comes to Taurus things... not so much. Mostly I'm a Taurus when it comes to my typical tendancies, but I'm evolving and learning to overcome my weaknesses and utilize my strengths.

I have Gemini acendant and a Leo moon, and I think those two are coming out more so now, too. My scatterbrained ways hae really been coming on strong sing my last year of HS, and my Leo moon... well....... I've always had a lot of pride.... and maybe that's why PRIDE is my favorite song... and it's........ it's another...... ......... ................................. complication in my life as to..... ............... thigns from the past, so to say

:shurg: so be it, though.

Some people fit their signs, others to not. But I've come to see that astrology is a very interesting thing. THere are no definite answers, because a lot of who we are comes from our environment. Still, there are many factors, even in astrology that determines who we are.

As I'v ealways said, I see it as a fun way to discuss people, and get new perspectives on myself and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom