FH's thread - I'll write more over time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Honor, I like your knight....that is admirable...since there is very little left in the world which is.

Oh, I just don't pay attention any more....as you said before people don't read anymore. Besides in my Hobbit reading of the day Gandalf mentioned about time and how it is perceived and sensed.

I shouldn't waste my time coming here anyway...you're the only person who even responds to my posts. Then you have all the others.....friendships I guess chatting with one another.

Me...all I ever get is the chatter.....so I'll just sit back and listen in.
I kinda feel sorry for Mr. B though.......he's always trying to save the world.......UN and children and AIDS this time......what's new here.....this was part of my Furby project back in 2000 and it's now what??? 2006 and nothing has changed.

carol
wizard2
:|

Well, if you really don't want to post here any more, that's okay. That's up to you; that's your decision. But you'd be missed.

I don't know how it appears to everyone else, but I'm still rather alone, in reality. The one thing the internet has done is allowing me to express my opinion. But it is cold and detached as ever.

Even though I see the number of veiws on peoples thread, or whatever, you can never tell who is reading, or who cares, you know? So I guess I know what you mean, or at least a fragment of that feeling.

==========

Knights.......
Well, all philosophers are hyporcrytes. They have to be...

As far as Knights go.....
I really wish sometimes that it was that easy. That I could just sign up and say I want to fight evil, I want to make the world a better place, to make things more efficient and productive. Give me a sword, teach me, and show me who to fight, etc.

But I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.... in that I really don't think it can be that easy. I don't believe in evil. I don't really believe in good, either. Two sides of the same coind.

Two sides of the human condition.

Stability promotes growth
Chaos promotes reduction, animality.
But if you have too much placidity in life, you become removed and stagnant
If you have too much chaos, you are too stressed and unable to experience natural "happiness".

:shrug:

But really, I don't feel like I'm doing anything at all...
I don't know, though....

Anyhow, whichever way you go, Carol, at least know you can keep in touch with me, if you'd like. I'll usually be around here, so you can send me emails, or just write in my thread now in then, or whatever you feel like.

One last thing, though, I don't think it's fair to compare one's self to Bono.... Bono is a special person who has had a tremendous oppertunity pplaced before him.

And weren't it your words - "Dilemma and the Dream"...... Bono had a lot of dilemmas when he grew up, and I guess he never shyed away from the rest of them the world over. I guess he's kept his dreama alive, too......

:hmm: maybe I should relaize that, too...

Anyhow, take care, wizard2c, in whatever you decide to do.

PS: Interference has been really slow lately, not to mention Dream Out Loud....

I wonder if is usually like this in October?

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
For Honor, I like your knight....that is admirable...since there is very little left in the world which is.

Oh, I just don't pay attention any more....as you said before people don't read anymore. Besides in my Hobbit reading of the day Gandalf mentioned about time and how it is perceived and sensed.

I shouldn't waste my time coming here anyway...you're the only person who even responds to my posts. Then you have all the others.....friendships I guess chatting with one another.

I kinda feel sorry for Mr. B though.......he's always trying to save the world.......UN and children and AIDS this time......what's new here.....this was part of my Furby project back in 2000 and it's now what??? 2006 and nothing has changed.

carol
wizard2

Maybe that's why we all have a certain distaste for the truth, stay well Carol. I should maybe say I needed to be here more for you but I don't know, the world is such a small place but do we really know ourselves.

Last edited:
Re: reply

wizard2c said:

carol
wizard2

I am sorry you feel so bitter, Carol.
I love reading the things that you post and I hope you'll keep on coming here and posting

Communication is never a waste of time
Even when no one replies

It's true: we're in late 2005 and the world is not a batter place-
but is this enough to give up the fight?
Shouldn't it be a challange to use your energy and capacity to do something?

Yes.....time and it's perception.......

2000 American troops have lost their lives as of today {October 25, 2005) since the war in Iraq began.............admiration to those "knights"...their shining armor reflecting through the camouflage..............a light through the darkness of it all.....
Bless them and their families........

carol
wizard2c

Sorry if you read wrong but I was referring to a generic Mr B and not Bono.....he has done a tremendous job in trying to improve the world. I write a lot of nonsense so i really don't find much sense posting here any more.

Besides, Dream Out Loud has changed and I feel like an outsider...which I am anyway.

carol
wizard2c

Makes more sense now, right, For Honor.

I know I have friends here at Dream At Loud.....sometimes I feel so all alone......it's that timeline as Gandalf was mentioning yesterday.

Knights.......they are great. Just consider the other pieces to the game as well.......as Mankind calls "life"....a game.

carol
wizard2c

Calling life a game trivialises it, I'm sorry if I can't say anything of use to you right now, but I'll be here, a long with FH if that's any comfort to you.

Thanks, Zero Dude, for the encouragement.

For Honor, I didn't mean to use your knight avatar....it just seemed fitting for the fallen.........knights in shining armor....

carol
wizard2c

Oh no.......

No.......... I had to change it for another reason........ for a personal reason.........

I like that avatar still, and I will post it here in rememberance....

But it....... I had to change it.............

"............"

GIFhelmabc.gif

"only have eyes for you"

and

the correlation between 'love'/showing kindness/family and intelegence/consideration/'progress'

GIFodinsigreda.gif

^ preliminary sig

I think, for the general public, it would be too unpalatable, though. ANd honestly, it's not what I wanted, something about 65% like what I had originally intended.

I am thinking about keeping both backgrounds white......

The graphics are too slow to change, at least over the net on my computer. they are going at an even pace, and that's not what I wanted.

Espeically so, because I have dial up, I'm sure that's why it lags more, I would assume.................

But it's just not good enough, I don't thnk

Damn, there was something else.....

ALl I remember was...... confronting it, being ..... being aggressive about it.........

Damn......

Heh, every writer in DOL shohuld read this......

The Police - "De do do do, De da da da"

Don’t think me unkind
Words are hard to find
The only cheques I’ve left unsigned
From the banks of chaos in my mind
And when their eloquence escapes me
Their logic ties me up and rapes me

De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
De do do do, de da da da
They’re meaningless and all that’s true

Poets, priests and poiticians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no one’s jamming their transmission
’cos when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you

De do do do, de da da da
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
De do do do, de da da da
They’re meaningless and all that’s true

Rise up, shepherd, and follow
Christmas Hymn & Carol Lyrics

There’s a star in the East on Christmas morn,
Rise up, shepherd, and follow.
It will lead to the place where the Christ was born,

Refrain

Follow, follow, rise up, shepherd, and follow.
Follow the Star of Bethlehem,

If you take good heed to the angel’s words,
You’ll forget your flocks, you’ll forget your herds,

Refrain

This song, played on solo Piano, can e very beautiful. So I wanted to find the lyrics. I did, and it seemed a little ironic, especially when Christ, the sheppard, is suppose to lead his people like a flock, etc...

I mean..... should you really drop everything like that?

I know that there is something unknown about that, or a meaning I don't quite get. But it intrigues me, at the moment.....

"In A Big Country"

I've never seen you look like this without a reason
Another promise fallen through
Another season passes by you

I never took the smile away from anybody's face
And that's a desperate way to look
For someone who is still a child
In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive

I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert
But I can live and breathe
And see the sun in wintertime
Stay alive
Stay alive

So take that look out of here it doesn't fit you
Because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded
Pull up your head off the floor—come up screaming
Cry out for everything you ever might have wanted
I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert
But I can live and breathe
And see the sun in wintertime
Stay alive (repeat 3)

The song I really liked before PRIDE......

Awesome song, motivational song, uplifting like PRIDE...

by the band called "big country"

Not a very original name for the song, but a good solid band just the same

So

the song is called "in a big country"
by the band
Big Country

:shrug:

I also like "Harvest Home", "400 miles", and "the Crossing" by Big Country.

For Honor said:
"only have eyes for you"

and

the correlation between 'love'/showing kindness/family and intelegence/consideration/'progress'

^ I have some writing to do, when I get the chance...

in addition to......

* Zen Lessons: The art of Dishwashing

Heh, what do y'all think?

This is one of the more simpler, generic forms of Chinise/Eastern zodaic interpreation, but take it with a grain of salt

http://www.rainfall.com/horoscop/chinese.htm

Here's mine..... I'm a Hare/Rabbit/Cat.
What do you think?

=====================

chlogo.gif

hare.gif

THE HARE

Hares fall under a most fortunate sign! Their sign is the emblem of long life and they possess the powers of the moon. Hares are very sensitive to beauty. They are gracious and soft spoken. Hares are the diplomats and the peace-makers. They enjoy a tranquil life and love a quiet evening at home. Hares are reserved and very artistic. They are thorough and good scholars. When Hares are moody, which is often, they will appear totally indifferent to the world.

Hares are lucky in money matters and great at finding a bargain. They may look easy-going, but they are actually quite cunning! Being a strong-willed person, they go quietly but determinedly towards their goals. They don't like making waves and find other means to get their way.

Hares are well-mannered and seldom use harsh words or foul language. Instead they cater to your every whim until they get their way. Before you know it, you have been won over! Although Hares appear slow at times, they are actually practicing caution. They read all the fine print before signing their names. Their uncanny abilities to correctly assess people and situations leave them quite conceited. Hares are considerate, understanding, warm, friendly, and easy to be with. They know how to relax.

When everyone is rushing around, Hares remind you that there is still tomorrow. Their motto is "live and let live". Hares would never embarrass you in public and they know how to save face. If Hares can spare your feelings, they will. For this they are well liked.

Hares make few enemies and rarely get into serious trouble. No one is more understanding. Hares give you all the sympathy you need. Just don't expect them to go out and do battle for you.If the going gets too rough, Hares may make a quick exit. They can't stand suffering and misery. Hares are experts at passing the buck and may hedge over difficult issues. When they feel too threatened they are unpredictable. If you push them too far they will simply get rid of you! Hares were not born to be fighters. They have their own ways that are very effective. Having good sense they know how to take care of themselves. They protect their own environment from strife at all costs.

Hares are good entertainers and hosts. They have good words to say about everyone. Although they often know more than they will say,they are discreet in their choice of friends. No matter what happens to Hares, they land on their feet and easily leap obstacles in their path. Hares believe in themselves and are at peace within. They will find success and contentment.

"____ For ___ Now..."

"____ For ___ Now..."

Don't think
Don't you ever look back
Don't you worry for me
Any more...

Don't think
Don't you ever look back
Don't you wonder of me
Any more...

Oh, I....
I am sure, my dear...
That I only have eyes
For you now

Yes, you...
You're the one for me
And I surely... have
Eyes for you now

Don't think
Don't you even look back
Don't you ever worry
Any more....

Don't think
Don't you even look back
Darling, I only
Have eyes for you now....

'Sure thing'...
Yes indeed, my dear
I can only have eyes
for you now...

Yes, love,
I am yours alone
For I only
Have eyes for you....

Hey everyone - I just want to say I'm taking a mini-break from interference for a while.

I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow, and maybe the day after. I think I should take a step back for a moment - because..... sometimes, when I am posting, more so in other places, I just feel...... competitive, or like I'm playing some sort of a game.

I am unsure of this feeling
But I don't want to force posts, or become insincere in my actions. SO I'm taking a bit of an FH retreat.

But then again don't be surprised if I acutally do stop by and drop a post here or there. Just don't be alarmed if I'm not around for a few days.

Take care, everyone.

Have a nice retreat, FH
Enjoy it

====

In the meanwhile, thanks for sharing the link to the zoodiac

I knew I was born in the Boar year, but I never read the profile before

here it is

THE BOAR
Boars are self-reliant, very sociable, dependable,and extremely determined. Boars are peace lovers and don't hold grudges. They hate arguments, tense situations, and try to bring both sides together. In life they make deep and long-lasting friendships. Boars enjoy social gatherings of all kinds, and look for parties to attend. In fact, Boars must watch themselves so that their incessant pursuit of pleasure doesn't interfere with other aspects of their lives. Boars belong to clubs and they make terrific fund raisers. They have a real knack for charity and social work. Boars always listen to problems. They won't mind getting involved and try to help. Boars have big hearts. A problem that Boars have is that they are too innocent and naive. Being honest and trustworthy themselves, they have a hard time understanding the motives of those with less scruples.

Boars do not dazzle or shimmer. They possess the old-fashioned chivalry that grows on you until you totally depend on it. It is so easy to trust Boars. They have a calm expression and a sincere manner. They are blessed with endurance and work steadily at tasks with great patience until completion.

Once Boars arrive at a decision nothing stops them. Of course, before they reach that decision they weigh all the pros and cons. They definitely want to avoid complications. Sometimes they ponder so long they miss the opportunity altogether. But never mind, Boars always believe in miracles, and miracles always happen to them. Fortune favors Boars. They always find someone to help them without having to beg.

In romance, if not careful, Boars may be taken advantage of. Boars trust everyone and believe everything they hear. They are unselfish and enjoy helping their friends. Although they are gullible, they are actually quite intelligent and know how to take care of their own. If you hurt their feelings, Boars often carry the pain for years. They have a hard time saying no to those of concern. Often they wish they had said no.

Boars will always be looking for ways to work off all their extra energy. They work and play hard. Even if they lose everything, Boars manage to bounce back. Their life path supply them with all they need. The Chinese believe Boars own the Horn of Plenty.

I suppose I can say it is correct, in some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom