eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also aware they didn't sell so well during the last tour through Denver. But it's been 3 years, and they could sell out 1 show with no problem.

Some big gaps between dates and no Dublin. Feels like there's more to come?

Wow that's a fucking safe itinerary. The only remarkable thing is that they haven't been to Hamburg since 1985. Every other city on the itinerary has been played no longer ago than Vertigo, and most more recently.

More proof that U2 underplay Europe hideously. It's like they think the Iron Curtain has not fallen, or something.

And if there are any more North American cities added, that will be further insult. They can play fucking Tulsa but not major cities like Warsaw, Vienna, Athens, etc.?

Surely they will at least add something in Dublin. And I can't believe no Scotland or Wales either.

Wow that's a fucking safe itinerary. The only remarkable thing is that they haven't been to Hamburg since 1985. Every other city on the itinerary has been played no longer ago than Vertigo, and most more recently.

More proof that U2 underplay Europe hideously. It's like they think the Iron Curtain has not fallen, or something.

And if there are any more North American cities added, that will be further insult. They can play fucking Tulsa but not major cities like Warsaw, Vienna, Athens, etc.?

Surely they will at least add something in Dublin. And I can't believe no Scotland or Wales either.
Maybe another Euro leg next year?
Still a shot at an Aussie tour this year, though not likely.

They've said there will be shows in Dublin and Belfast- dates to be announced later.

Shocking that they are not playing scotland,another trip down south for me.

Can't beat an excuse for a london trip.

Don't mess about do they. Tickets on sale Thursday [emoji2] 2 to u2.com members ?

Wanna go mainland Europe, got less then 2 days to decide [emoji85]

Shocking that they are not playing scotland,another trip down south for me.

Agreed. Whole family want to go this time so its going to be an expensive one and also a gamble to get two more tickets in the public sale.

I'll have done all of that and then they'll announce a Glasgow gig...

Have my sights on Italy... They announced two off the top for Milan (as well as Paris), wonder if that means there are two more to be added, there is room. Would do two, would rather it be the last two if they are adding...hmm.

Agreed. Whole family want to go this time so its going to be an expensive one and also a gamble to get two more tickets in the public sale.

I'll have done all of that and then they'll announce a Glasgow gig...
It's in the back of my mind also,book up for Manchester then bang extra dates!

Just as i guessed they skipped Denmark for Sweden this time around since they played Stockholm 4 dates in the I+E tour 2015. The pre-sale code danish people got for buying the SOE album was a giveaway ofc.

The Dates are very spread out though which makes it hard to plan. Copenhagen is 9(!) days after Madrid currently.

But im a sucker and signed up for a pre-sale code this time. Arena tours in europe tends to be harder to get tickets for than stadium ones.

Seems like it is just as possible to stay in Malmö area since Royal Arena seems to be close to it as well.

Last edited:
Clearly the plan is for Paris and Milan to get 4 shows each. Maybe they’ll extend the tour into 2019 and return to Europe?

The announcement video is pretty cool.

To get people to buy the other shows first? I dunno... but they did this on i/e as well.

Wasn't that cause that had to reorganise the stage set up because the stage was to big for the arena? They wasn't sure they could actually play those two arenas at first. If it's the same set up then surely they know what to do.

That's what they said anyway, but your probably right.

Clearly the plan is for Paris and Milan to get 4 shows each. Maybe they’ll extend the tour into 2019 and return to Europe?

The announcement video is pretty cool.

I'd be very surprised if they did. Seeing how active theve been over the past for years. Just over 3 years we've had two albums and two tours. That's a lot for u2

"all new super high-res LED screen nine-times the resolution of the 2015 screen"

So they basically took the JT30 type panels and put them on the cage. Points for not just using the existing tech from I+e, though it would've been fine.

Wasn't that cause that had to reorganise the stage set up because the stage was to big for the arena? They wasn't sure they could actually play those two arenas at first. If it's the same set up then surely they know what to do.

That's what they said anyway, but your probably right.

Well that very well could have been the excuse the last time, but wouldn't they have the plan to fit the stage in this time?

Looks like Standing tickets will not be credit card entry , scalpers will be rubbing their hands with glee.:angry:

Belfast is a full sized hockey rink style arena so it has no issues .
The 3 arena is an amphitheatre style arena but it accommodated the stage just fine last time,the B stage had to be moved slightly nearer the main stage though.

The delay is most likely what Headache in a Suitcase says ,to push the other venues and also to reduce the amount of subscribers with presale codes for the high demand Dublin gigs.

Last edited:
Wondering if ticket prices on the europe leg will be as high. Usually they are lower than in the US it seems.

Back
Top Bottom