eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a band that has always insisted on playing 360, they have never done a good job of playing to the crowd behind the stage.

For a band that has always insisted on playing 360, they have never done a good job of playing to the crowd behind the stage.

On the 360 tour at least the screen was 360, that was a departure from the norm.

I don't know that playing in the round is such a great idea to attempt anyway, but you're right, they've never been able to pull that off very well. Or, at all really.

I saw Bruce Springsteen in 2008 (which I just realized was 10 years ago!! Holy fucking shit!!!!). We sat behind the stage, and he and other members of the band spent a good amount of time playing to us. I didn't feel robbed at all. Same with Garth Brooks.

But U2 have never done that. Bono maybe walks past 2 times, Edge and Adam maybe once. Larry gives an expressionless wave. I sat behind the stage at an elevation show, and it wasn't awful. Interesting point of view and all that, and you're actually pretty close for not much money. But I would never sit rear stage, upper level. You're not even at a concert at that point, you're just watching people watch a concert.

I saw Bruce Springsteen in 2008 (which I just realized was 10 years ago!! Holy fucking shit!!!!). We sat behind the stage, and he and other members of the band spent a good amount of time playing to us. I didn't feel robbed at all. Same with Garth Brooks.

But U2 have never done that. Bono maybe walks past 2 times, Edge and Adam maybe once. Larry gives an expressionless wave. I sat behind the stage at an elevation show, and it wasn't awful. Interesting point of view and all that, and you're actually pretty close for not much money. But I would never sit rear stage, upper level. You're not even at a concert at that point, you're just watching people watch a concert.

Well put. The times I've sat rear stage have been lowers, and that's the only way I'd sit behind the stage again.

Same for me @ The 02 in 2015 Block 117 behind the stage the sound was fab fair play BUT as pointed out tbey dont tend too turn round much.

They're taking the lyrics of who's gonna ride your wild horses a little too literally

What would be so hard about turning the drum set around, and the whole band playing to the crowd behind the stage for a few songs? I know, they sorta did this on 360 for 1 song. I mean, those people paid good money too... I really don't get it.

What would be so hard about turning the drum set around, and the whole band playing to the crowd behind the stage for a few songs? I know, they sorta did this on 360 for 1 song. I mean, those people paid good money too... I really don't get it.
Because like 10% of the audience is back there, and 90% the other way?

One song, ok... Pearl Jam always does an encore song in reverse for "the people in the back"

A lot more movement? Definitely.

A few songs facing backwards? Naaaah

I took the plunge today...

Going to the 2nd Vegas show for sure. Section 2 farthest side to the screen. Should easily see screen and hear the band (IE was a loud show!!). Not bad for $130

Saw McCartney from rear stage uppers, kinda inn the corner. Actually quite enjoyed the show from there, and the price was 20x less than the good seats.

I took the plunge today...

Going to the 2nd Vegas show for sure. Section 2 farthest side to the screen. Should easily see screen and hear the band (IE was a loud show!!). Not bad for $130

Good job! Sounds like a blast. U2 in Vegas x2... You're living the dream! Stay in a nice strip hotel, enjoy the pool, relax, then back to U2. Jealous!

Oh just realized you're doing the 2nd gig. I'd do both! Going to Vegas next month tho, and the wifey only allows once per year. Hoping they come to Vancouver!!

Good job! Sounds like a blast. U2 in Vegas x2... You're living the dream! Stay in a nice strip hotel, enjoy the pool, relax, then back to U2. Jealous!

Yeah, I'll do Friday for sure just waiting on the right time to get tickets. Hoping for a GA drop.

I've always love U2 Vegas shows. I was at the famous opening night of Popmart. Every show has been much better than that :applaud:

1 thing Europe is NOT getting by looks is this Verified fan nonense

Are you ready to buy tickets for the new manga of the U2 tour in 2018? U2 Innocence + Experience Tour is going to return to Spain and Europe after the summer according to all the rumors (September), and it seems, as commented on Twitter that this week is going to start the pre-sale of tickets for subscribers of u2.com .

The first movements are already being noticed in the profiles of the accounts of u2.com. We already have the pre-sale access group (in order of seniority). This means that in Europe we will not have to go through the ordeal of being a verified fan of U2.

Remember that as a member of u2.com you will have access to the pre-sale of tickets, but you will also have the opportunity to access this pre-sale if you purchased the new album of the band Songs of Experience on frist.ca ... This pre-sale will be subsequent to the sale of tickets for subscribers of u2.com and will only allow you to access two tickets. They will notify by e-mail of all the data.

What can we expect from this pre-sale of tickets and the sale of tickets for the general public? It will be a bitter struggle if we stick to what has been lived in the United States. The cheapest track tickets will disappear in a short time, and they will only leave us the most expensive .... which are very expensive ...

Dates in Spain? Clear. It seems that at the beginning two days in Madrid in the Wizink Center, with the possibility of subsequently adding another 2 dates .... we will see. We will inform you of all these next days.

European dates rumored to be announced next Tuesday, the 16th. Just a heads up.

What a crap time to announce a tour,the middle of January when alot of people are struggling for money after Christmas.
Its a really cynical move to try and retain expiring subscriptions no doubt.

Whats the rush with starting the presales the day after the announcement ??
Why are all the European dates going on sale simultaneously ??

U2 and their management dont seem to listen ,they continuously make a dogs dinner of their ticket sales ,its clear at this stage that its all about making as much money as possible ,and ride roughshod over the fans.
Well at least we arent being subjected to that Verified Fan scam.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will clarify that the two presales are separate (i.e. that I am able to purchase 2 tickets in the U2.com subscriber presale, and then a further 2 tickets in the album preorder presale). I will be disappointed if they are bundled as the same presale with the same 2 ticket limit across both!

Yeah really bad time for me, skint after xmas. Credit card it is[emoji16]

Are they really gonna take 2 months off between N.A. and Europe???

One rumor is that they're gonna do more US/Canada dates in July, and that they're waiting to announce those for around Grammy time.

The source was somebody on u2start, and their source said that Denver, SLC and Vancouver were among the cities to be added. Throw in a couple in Toronto, Edmonton, maybe a Portland show, and maybe a couple others and you've got yourself another month's worth of shows. I think Miami could do a show, 1 in Texas, 1 in Charlotte or Raleigh, in addition to a 2nd show in Atlanta and at least 1 more in the NYC area. Yes I know there are upper level tickets available at MSG for $330, but once they cut those prices, they'll be gone.

Not saying this will all happen, but it's possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom