eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah they've only played in Bologna twice, 1985 and 1993. Two gigs each time.

European Tour, Bono style:

Bologna, Italy
Pisa, Italy
Frankfurt, Germany
Hamburg, Germany
Dijon, France
Bouillon, Belgium
Sandwich, UK

He's going to busk at the prince's vineyard and then drink it dry.

So all signs seem to point to the European leg starting in September. So are they going to take off July AND August? That seems odd. My only theory is that there will be more NA dates in July, which would explain why the current NA tour is so skimpy. Why they wouldn't put them all on sale at the same time to maximize album sales for week 1, I don't know. Maybe they're going for another album sales bump after the new year by announcing more dates. Just a theory. Seems unusual to release an album, not tour for 5 months, tour for 2 months, take 2 months off, then resume. I suppose it's possible they could sandwich Australia in between NA and Europe if they're doing arenas, but that just doesn't seem likely.

Logistically, though, it makes little sense to double back and go across the country again in July and August. Unless they're going to stay on the east coast for another few months, I can't imagine where they'd play in July and August that they wouldn't have added in the middle of the tour.

Maybe they need all that spare time to record a quick follow-up to SOE! :happy:

I heard a rumour today...

May 2nd Tulsa, OK BOK Center
May 4th St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
May 7th San Jose, CA SAP Center
May 8th San Jose, CA SAP Center
May 11th Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena
May 12th Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena
May 15th Los Angeles, CA The Forum
May 16th Los Angeles, CA The Forum
May 18th Los Angeles, CA The Forum
May 22nd Chicago, IL United Center
May 23rd Chicago, IL United Center
May 26 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
May 28th Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
May 29th Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
June 1st Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
June 2nd Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

June 5th Montreal, QC Bell Centre
June 6th Montreal, QC Bell Centre
June 9th Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
June 10th Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
June 13th Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
June 14th Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
June 17th Washington, DC Capital One Arena
June 18th Washington, DC Capital One Arena
June 21st Boston, MA TD Garden
June 22ndBoston, MA TD Garden
June 25th New York, NY Madison Square Garden
June 26th New York, NY Madison Square Garden
June 29th Newark, NJ Prudential Center

Yeah, LA2 has about 65% of tix sold and they're going to add LA3.

Stop the bullshit Rasta, nobody believes your trolling.

Last edited:
I see Rasta has now lost any shred of creativity and is not even inventing dates, just recycling old speculation.

If the tour had sold a bit quicker then we'd already have second nights in Atlanta and Uniondale. And I've already pointed out that LA3 doesn't really work in a logistics sense anyway, never mind the slow sales.

If the tour had sold a bit quicker then we'd already have second nights in Atlanta and Uniondale. And I've already pointed out that LA3 doesn't really work in a logistics sense anyway, never mind the slow sales.

I tend to agree that a 2nd show in Atlanta is unlikely. But I recently struggled to find two seats to that show, settling for VIP Silver (I didn't check the obstructed view seats).

So given that the show is just as good as sold out, it appears, and the size of the venue, it isn't completely out of the question for a 2nd show there.

But again, my guess is highly unlikely.

UPDATE: I couldn't pull up two obstructed view seats together for that show, so it's really close to being sold out. So who knows? Maybe a 2nd show. It just seems too late in the game to add another show.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that a 2nd show in Atlanta is unlikely. But I recently struggled to find two seats to that show, settling for VIP Silver (I didn't check the obstructed view seats).

So given that the show is just as good as sold out, it appears, and the size of the venue, it isn't completely out of the question for a 2nd show there.

But again, my guess is highly unlikely.

UPDATE: I couldn't pull up two obstructed view seats together for that show, so it's really close to being sold out. So who knows? Maybe a 2nd show. It just seems too late in the game to add another show.

Oh yeah, I'm not discounting that those extra shows could happen. It's just that the band probably expected to have them announced already, even now that the emphasis has shifted from instant sellouts to maximising the price of each ticket sold.

But LA3 won't be a thing, and that Toronto rumour is so old that it might be able to buy a drink soon. I'm almost disappointed Rasta didn't invent something mad, like his previous claim of JT30 shows at venues that were under (re-)construction for the dates given. Where's a show in Kamloops, huh!

Back
Top Bottom