Every Breaking Wave - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree, Sometimes Bono can't make it on his own if he leaves The Edge, Adam and Larry behind. :sexywink:

Musically, U2 is just The Edge experimenting with his toys until he finds something interesting enough, and then the rest of the band joining him to complete the song.

Musically, U2 is just The Edge experimenting with his toys until he finds something interesting enough, and then the rest of the band joining him to complete the song.

Which is very intriguing considering how the Danger Mouse sessions were portrayed - as not Edge centric. Although one, if not my absolute, favorite on SOI is Reach Me Now which Edge also stated he very much likes and which I find DMesque. :hmm:

Some fans post that they wanted the DM SOI and others say Edge is not present on SOI so they wanted no DM I guess. All of which makes a full time job to follow it all. :corn:

it sounds like an adele song. No, it really does. U2 wants hits and probably figured a stripped-down arrangement would appeal to the adult contemporary market, one of the few they still thrive in. And that's ok.

I absolutely hate the acoustic arrangement, but not because it sounds like someone like you or all of me or whatever. It's an awful vocal from bono and the lack of edge guitar really bothers me. This is why i don't want bono to cut a solo record.

ditto

Imagine what the fallout will be when he picks up a banjo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why hasnt this been released as a single yet? The u2 assault has gone quiet,they need to release this to radio(in the uk anyway)

Why hasnt this been released as a single yet? The u2 assault has gone quiet,they need to release this to radio(in the uk anyway)

Where is the video? Come on! It's too quiet now. Release a new single. Keep the momentum!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Amen to that??

There seems to be so many haters on here towards Bono and I just do not get it. Maybe this awful injury is gods way of telling bono that it is his time to slow done. U2has done so much good in the world, not just give to us the gift of their music

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

There seems to be so many haters on here towards Bono and I just do not get it. Maybe this awful injury is gods way of telling bono that it is his time to slow done. U2has done so much good in the world, not just give to us the gift of their music

You're right.

He should slow down from his crazy rock star lifestyle and perhaps pick up a recreational activity instead, like jogging, or, oh I dunno, biking.

Maybe this awful injury is gods way of telling bono that it is his time to slow done.

No, it is not. No. Emphatically, not. Not your imaginary spagetti monster's way of telling Bono jack shit, okay?

Because if there is indeed a god, and he (or she) is sending Bono signals, it would be to INCREASE HlS LEISURE/EXERCISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SUNDAY PEDALS IN THE PARK!!!

I mean, do people who keep writing this shit even get it? He didn't fucking crash riding a BMX on a half pipe or mountain biking down cliffs, ok?

Sent from my ass crack

Are they really haters though? Because anyone that comes onto a u2 fan forum surely cannot be a hater?and if they are,what are you playing at? If you really hate something why would you come onto a u2 fan forum????

Are they really haters though? Because anyone that comes onto a u2 fan forum surely cannot be a hater?and if they are,what are you playing at? If you really hate something why would you come onto a u2 fan forum????

Well, hate is a strong word but there are definitely some people who dislike the new album(matter of taste and opinion, so nothing to do with hate) and then there are some who draw the line of dislike at POP, so they dislike their 2000's work(14 years is a lot of time to not like an artists work). The harshest I have read (not in hate territory at all) is some have called the way Bono/U2 act now at times embarrassing because they are not acting their age and smashing guitars and such in videos (I guess dressing like the devil in the Lemon video was cool?).

In the end, I don't think anyone here hates U2, not by a long shot. I think there are people that don't like who they are now with regard to the music they make but they still like/love them as a band and will definitely be seeing them on tour.

For me, I love the 2000's U2 and especially SOI and I can't wait to here whats next.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well, hate is a strong word but there are definitely some people who dislike the new album(matter of taste and opinion, so nothing to do with hate) and then there are some who draw the line of dislike at POP, so they dislike their 2000's work(14 years is a lot of time to not like an artists work). The harshest I have read (not in hate territory at all) is some have called the way Bono/U2 act now at times embarrassing because they are not acting their age and smashing guitars and such in videos (I guess dressing like the devil in the Lemon video was cool?).

In the end, I don't think anyone here hates U2, not by a long shot. I think there are people that don't like who they are now with regard to the music they make but they still like/love them as a band and will definitely be seeing them on tour.

For me, I love the 2000's U2 and especially SOI and I can't wait to here whats next.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Are you talking about interference or about the general public?

Are you talking about interference or about the general public?

Interference, since that's what the context of the question involved.

With the general public, they tend to love 2000's U2(NLOTH to a lesser extent).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Interference, since that's what the context of the question involved.

With the general public, they tend to love 2000's U2(NLOTH to a lesser extent).

Mmh...

I understand about Leave Behind and Bomb (more apreciated by general public than interference), but I think that SOI is more appreciated in here than by the general public.

On the other hand, I haven't been too long in here, so I don't really know the general opinion about U2's albums other than SOI.

Mmh...

I understand about Leave Behind and Bomb (more apreciated by general public than interference), but I think that SOI is more appreciated in here than by the general public.

On the other hand, I haven't been too long in here, so I don't really know the general opinion about U2's albums other than SOI.

No wonder when they have chosen as a representatives of the album Adele rip off version of a song and a dad rock song...

MAJOR WASTE OF RESOURCES :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom