even more things i hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm working xmas day. for $18 an hour.

very depressed.

especially when in the years the boss has to work xmas day, we close down. but not this year, oh no.

Yes...my wife has to work. And while I wish we could spend the day together, I am very thankful for her job/salary. I will visit her at work tomorrow and hang out for a long while. :)

I don't like snow and ice mix in the forecast on my day to travel for these holidays...

very depressed.

especially when in the years the boss has to work xmas day, we close down. but not this year, oh no.
18 bucks an hour? On a public holiday? My God, how little do they usually pay you???? Rip off!

very depressed.

18 bucks an hour? On a public holiday? My God, how little do they usually pay you???? Rip off!

I hate that I've never held a job where I made that much an hour -- even with overtime. :sad:

normally it's $14. i get $10.50 at my other job...

it's worked out okay though, i was meant to work 1-7, now i only have to do 5-7 or 5-8, so that's not too bad.

I was thinking if you were getting double time for working on a public holiday, you were really working for peanuts :wink:

Indra, report SK to your union now!

:lol:

I hate lousy tippers, especially when I wait on them Christmas Eve. Yeah, I get people are broke. I am too. I can afford to go out, but can't really afford to leave a decent tip. So I stay home and eat. Servers here in MA make $2.63 an hour, most of which is heavily taxed. If I have a bad week, no check to fall back on. Gah. Anyways, tip your servers people!

/rant

yeah, i forget the exact wage of waiters here, but i think it's $2.13. having seen the way it works elsewhere, i much prefer that, whether as a customer or employee. as a customer, it's nice to know the exact amount my check will come to, as taxes are included and everything. and as an employee, there'd be no worry about how you're going to pay your bills if it's totally dead and you make fuck all in tips.

It's $2.13 an hour here. I got stiffed once on Christmas Eve, a few years ago. :angry:

yeah, i forget the exact wage of waiters here, but i think it's $2.13. having seen the way it works elsewhere, i much prefer that, whether as a customer or employee. as a customer, it's nice to know the exact amount my check will come to, as taxes are included and everything. and as an employee, there'd be no worry about how you're going to pay your bills if it's totally dead and you make fuck all in tips.

:crack: Wow. That's pretty much insane.

Neighbor kids in the cul de sac behind our bedroom screaming like banshees at 8:00am this morning. :crack: I got up & went to the couch to try & get some sleep :yawn:

Flying. Everyone goes on about how safe it is but I don't care. I really loathe being on a plane. Have to fly home on Wednesday and to say I am nervous would be an understatement. I haven't slept properly in days. I'm terrified about the (70 minute :rolleyes: ) flight ahead. :reject::sad:

Flying. Everyone goes on about how safe it is but I don't care. I really loathe being on a plane. Have to fly home on Wednesday and to say I am nervous would be an understatement. I haven't slept properly in days. I'm terrified about the (70 minute :rolleyes: ) flight ahead. :reject::sad:

They have drugs for that . . . . :hug:

That I need a personal loan to pay off the thousands of dollars of debt racked up by some total fuckwits but may not be able to get it because they may have stuffed up my credit rating. Word to the wise, DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE IN YOUR HOME ALONE!! They'll fuck you royally, not in a good way. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom