Doodstil, The Netherlands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definately cry-worthy. Sometimes I wonder why I'm a U2 fan at all, these things just make it goddamn awful to be one. The music is good, the lyrics and more important the frontman are sometimes just hurting my frucking brain.

Why is my ad banner now for hot asian girls for a date :|

Yeah, you haven't had to suffer this:

whatthefuck.jpg

This is definately cry-worthy. Sometimes I wonder why I'm a U2 fan at all, these things just make it goddamn awful to be one. The music is good, the lyrics and more important the frontman are sometimes just hurting my frucking brain.
I'm still fully supportive of a coup staged by Adam and Edge. Bono And Larry are out, Edge takes over as frontman, and they find a new drummer.

See you, Chass. :wave:

I about laughed until I cried.
I was so disappointed. And everyone thought it was so brilliant and deep.

The thread on EYKIW was DISTURBING.

But suddenly it explains so much. So, so much. e.g. why people fail English and why my university tutors have so many horror stories to tell about poorly written essays. I cannot believe people think writing like that is acceptable but THEY DO.

Go away, idiots.

I saw that ad on another site I go to ALL the fucking time.
It became a joke to a lot of the members there. :lmao:

When we had the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread, Aussie and Kiwi posters got it as the ad ALL THE TIME.

And I kept seeing this ad in WTAHNN around the same period:

lawlz.jpg

The thread on EYKIW was DISTURBING.

But suddenly it explains so much. So, so much. e.g. why people fail English and why my university tutors have so many horror stories to tell about poorly written essays. I cannot believe people think writing like that is acceptable but THEY DO.

Go away, idiots.
Clearly, standards have sunk to an all new low. :tsk:

Believe it or not, many of the graduates in my class failed at writing and grammar, etc. because though our English teacher was nice, she never taught a damn thing. All she'd do is talk.

This is definately cry-worthy.

I can't help myself: 'definitely'. Incorrectly spelling 'definitely' is a pet peeve of mine. :nerd:

I'm still fully supportive of a coup staged by Adam and Edge. Bono And Larry are out, Edge takes over as frontman, and they find a new drummer.

And you know I wholeheartedly endorse this too. Suddenly, U2 would become so much more interesting.

I really don't get why people on this forum think it's such a great talking point that U2 have never had a member leave. So they're still the same four guys as they were on Boy. So fucking what? It proves nothing.

When we had the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands Superthread, Aussie and Kiwi posters got it as the ad ALL THE TIME.

And I kept seeing this ad in WTAHNN around the same period:

lawlz.jpg

:lmao:

The funny thing about the previous ad is that both of the guys in that ad, are pretty much exact clones of my ex's brother in law, whom I hated with a deep passion.

I can't help myself: 'definitely'. Incorrectly spelling 'definitely' is a pet peeve of mine. :nerd:
Mine too.

And you know I wholeheartedly endorse this too. Suddenly, U2 would become so much more interesting.

I really don't get why people on this forum think it's such a great talking point that U2 have never had a member leave. So they're still the same four guys as they were on Boy. So fucking what? It proves nothing.
Most of the great, classic, legendary bands have had lineup changes. The fact that they have the same 4 blokes means that the band is just as stagnant as the music.

What's wrong with Edge's singing?

Well, not so much as something being wrong with his singing as I don't really know how he sounds these days. Miracle drug is nice, but I just don't think Edge is the guy to be a good frontman. He's way too modest and nice, and actually normal!

I like modest and normal frontmen. Let's take a break from Bono™ and his rambly hyper-inflated ego strutting around the stage.

Well, not so much as something being wrong with his singing as I don't really know how he sounds these days. Miracle drug is nice, but I just don't think Edge is the guy to be a good frontman. He's way too modest and nice, and actually normal!

All the more reason to rebel and be the frontman!

Most of the great, classic, legendary bands have had lineup changes. The fact that they have the same 4 blokes means that the band is just as stagnant as the music.

I'm trying to think of any band in my top ten that has not had a membership change. I suppose you could say Joy Division, since all their membership changes occurred while they were Warsaw.

I like modest and normal frontmen.
(pre-acid burnout) Syd Barrett, anyone? No?

How about Steven Wilson?

Joe Strummer?

Bob Geldof?

Robert Plant?

I could name a few more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom