Dodji, Senegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and fell head over heals after 20 minutes of flirting, but then after i gave him my number had to tell him "oh by the way i'm gone til the end of january" and he was all "oh." in a very flat way so i shoulda got his number and offered to call when i got back, but i didn't, so now i have to wait and maybe never see him again, after the best 20 minute flirt of my life.

:cute: Aww. I hope he'll call you!

Well, I just had a trumpet. Others may know them as a drumstick or a cornetto. I actually don't know a non-brandname name for them, since they obviously aren't an ice block or a proper ice cream. Ice cream packaged to be sold like an ice block, kind of.

Very well, I shall tell the Story, as my 19,000th post.

:waiting:

:cute: Aww. I hope he'll call you!
me too! but, i am not optimistic cause it's so long, and any text he may have sent while i was gone won't be delivered, i think it's made me learn my lesson to always get the guy's number too. while i like being pursued, i hate having things out of my hands.

Well, I just had a trumpet. Others may know them as a drumstick or a cornetto. I actually don't know a non-brandname name for them, since they obviously aren't an ice block or a proper ice cream. Ice cream packaged to be sold like an ice block, kind of.

drumsticks are packaged cones, no?

me too! but, i am not optimistic cause it's so long, and any text he may have sent while i was gone won't be delivered, i think it's made me learn my lesson to always get the guy's number too. while i like being pursued, i hate having things out of my hands.

How come you couldn't receive the texts?

Here it's common to get someone's number, then ring just once so they have your number too. :)

she is typing obvs

How come you couldn't receive the texts?

Here it's common to get someone's number, then ring just once so they have your number too. :)
yes, that is pretty common in general, i think.

i don't think i'm getting texts that were sent while i was gone because i know another person i fb messaged with said he sent me a text a week to ten days ago, and i didnt get it when i put my sim in when i got back.

drumsticks are packaged cones, no?

Yeah, basically.

Though I think of them as being more aligned with ice blocks than ice creams, I guess because they tend to be sold with the ice blocks in a freezer, while if you want proper ice cream, you go to an ice creamery and they scoop it and serve it to you in a cone and it's all kinds of goodness.

Oh, and by the way I just had a shot of honey liqueur that has been exposed to the elements mixed with an Australian energy drink. If I don't get somewhat tipsy from it, at the very least I'll get sick.

All in the name of Inthistown and such, of course.

yes, that is pretty common in general, i think.

i don't think i'm getting texts that were sent while i was gone because i know another person i fb messaged with said he sent me a text a week to ten days ago, and i didnt get it when i put my sim in when i got back.

hm odd. Wait, you took your sim out? :scratch:

Shame that Cornettos themselves actually suck. No boring bits? Easily the MOST boring, actually. If it doesn't have a big lump of melted chocolate in the centre, it's boring.

:lol: ok ok you guys are weird. So if someone asks you if you want a drumstick, you can either get a chicken leg or an ice cream?

Or you could even get something to play the drums with if you're really lucky!

So, do we have an inthistowntastic location to take this thread to next?

I've never seen a "Cookie Crumble" in my life. And Golden Gaytime is the worst name for an ice block ever.

Where shall I begin the tale?

Summer has arrived with a vengeance, after lulling us all into a false sense of either security (if you're Ax), or disappointment (if you think summer should be more than 20-25C).

It was 35C or something on Tuesday, and I was working from home because we had to look at a rental house (which wasn't open on weekends, wtf). The agent put off the appointment by three hours, then was late and rushed us through cos she had another appointment afterwards, but we liked the house and since we'd already made an application, she offered it to us on the spot. We'll be moving in a couple of weeks... I probably already told this part, on reflection. Sorry.

So, Wednesday was the first day over 40C, after Tuesday failed to live up to its forecast. I got to work early (for me) to avoid the worst of the heat on the way in (no air conditioning in my car). During the day, we were all told that any or all of us could be drafted by the Faults team, to take calls if people started losing power due to the hot weather and the phone lines got flooded by irate customers.
We weren't drafted that night, but after I got home (after a very unpleasant drive) and had dinner, we lost power to our house. Luckily it wasn't full dark yet and we could find torches before everything went completely black. We noticed that everyone else in our street had lights blazing and AC roaring, and were somewhat miffed. We checked the switchboard, everything okay there. One of my housemates called the Faults team at work (irony was not lost) and after an hour, was told that there was a fault in our area and they expected it to be fixed in about six hours' time.
It wasn't. We all tried to go to sleep, but the temp never got below 29C outside, and it was a lot warmer in our house, which is made of bricks and holds the heat like a mofo. So very little sleep was had by all, even Alec who spent the night on the back lawn.

Into work on Thursday with the house still blacked out, very tired. This time we were all immediately drafted and put on the phones, and the rest of the day passed like that. I didn't even look outside until I left after 8pm (over ten hours on the phones... :crack: ) I got very good at being apologetic and understanding and absorbing frustration. I was called a retard by a cranky bitch from Cranbourne who not only had a nearly inaudible crackly phone line (making it difficult for me to figure out what she told me her address was), but once I had figured it out, I couldn't find it on our system because she had CALLED THE WRONG NUMBER. I knew it was going to be a bad call, cos she had that voice on her... all her food was spoiled and all her fish were dead (hope yours are okay, Ax) and she wanted compensation and to MAKE SOMEONE RESPONSIBLE. So she yelled at me, and in that split second before hanging up, she shot me a "retard". Fuck you, bitch.
And I had to cancel a much-anticipated haircut cos I was staying late... getting desperate by this stage.
At least the power at our place came back on that day. I got home, and we shut the doors to the lounge room so that room was quite cool and the rest of the house was a hellhole. We all tried to sleep in there, I was on the couch, two on the floor and another on one of the recliners (yay for new lounge suite!). I couldn't sleep, and even got too cold at some point, so I went to bed properly and it wasn't too bad by 2am, and after a cold shower I got some sleep.

Today we were all on the phones again, and expecting people to be even more pissed off cos some of them would have been without power for even longer, and there were loads of people whose power had gone off the day before, come back on, and then it had gone off again. And we STILL weren't able to give people any estimate of when the power would come back. Substations kept blowing up, and they started load shedding as well, deliberately cutting off suburbs for an hour to stop the whole grid melting completely.
Fortunately I didn't get any cranky callers today, or none who abused me, at any rate. Our team leader mustered up a couple of people who had somehow avoided taking calls yesterday (I swear they must have gone and hid in the bathroom or something), and one of them took over from me at 2pm, so I got a reprieve. *L*
I immediately went downstairs to the nearest hairdresser and was duly shorn, and I didn't even care that it cost $35 instead of $19 at the place I usually go. (Probably won't be going there again though.) I also went to talk to the travel agent, but their computer network went down as soon as I walked in. *L* But I have an email from the guy now, and I'll probably be booking flights to Mexico on Monday.
And I missed the worst of the heat again - the temp dropped from 44C to 33C in the space of an hour or so, before I left work. It's becoming bearable outside at the moment, so I have hopes of some level of sleep tonight.

Fingers crossed most of the faults will be fixed by Monday... It could have been worse, all in all.

Anyway, that's my Story. *phew*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom