Do you text?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you text?

• Yes

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • All the time

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
No, I don't own my cell phone. It's like 4 years old, work issued. I'm sure it does text b/c I receive SMS every time a server goes up/down, but we don't text each other we use the direct connect (there's 4 of us sharing a pretty limited plan).

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Uh, I'm stuck in the stone age and I still use a phone that plugs into the wall :uhoh: So yeah, no texting here.

(It's cordless, but the base still plugs into the wall :wink: )

Woah, you're kicking it old school...:wink:

I text occassionally, but usually i find it pretty annoying to type on the thing and a phone call to be easier. My roomate texts constantly and it drives me freaking insane. It's click click click all the time. Not to mention that she does it while we're all hanging out and talking and while driving. :|

Pretty rarely, it's kinda the only way to contact my friends it seems.

Although i insist on full sentences and punctuation, just because with some of the messages i get it takes me about a week to decode.

I'm a 19 year old girl, what do you think?:wink:

Carlos, there's no way you can set your phone on "ABC" mode? T9 sucks, unless you're planning on drunk texting, in which case it can't be beat.:up:

I go through phases with it. I like getting them, but I'm a bit OCD and I have an English degree so I fell the need to spell shit out properly on the replying end, so that kinda sucks for me. But I spent a lot of money learning how to read and write, so I want to make sure it was worth it.

I'm texting someone right now.

I like it better than talking on the phone, that's for sure.

but I do make it a point to text like real English - unlike some people.

I don't know, it takes longer to read that than it would to type normally I guess.

I text in situations where I can't talk (movie theater, boring meeting because I'm VP, etc.), but I don't have a texting plan, so I can't afford to do it frequently.

My sister and I text when we are in the company of our mother so we can talk about her and she won't hear us. It drives her nuts and she hates it. It makes her paranoid that we are plotting against her. :lmao:

I text only occasionally, with two of my friends. I'm very slow at it and it feels like it takes forever because I also try to be a stickler for actually spelling words. Sometimes I get frustrated with how long it takes me and will use annoying abbreviations.

I can't figure out how to make a capital letter other than the automatic one that starts after you type a period, though. That bugs me.

People who text while they drive should be shot on sight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom