Do you get U2 high after all these years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ulove2

The Fly
I am constantly amazed at the fact that no matter how many times I listen to any of their albums, there are moments on each one where I am greatly moved in one sense or another. Whether it be the lyrics, Edge's magic fingers, or a certain realization that, damn that rhythm section is awesome.

I guess I am wondering what moves you, just grabs you and takes you somewhere else. Does it still happen every time after 20+ years (or whatever applies to you). Also, for the musicians on the board, are there any moments that just make your jaw drop?

Maybe I have just spent waay to much time listening to this stuff, but to me nothing else even compares. Perhaps I should just join a support group. Any thoughts?

I'm a recent fan so I don't review myself in that feeling. Now I feel U2 music as holy and magic. Their music has some kind of highness (as they say) that I can't explain.

ive had moments where i'm listening to a song that i've heard 1000 times, but i'll suddenly get chills down my spine and get really into it. it's really really cool.

and a moment for me that always gets me going is during Please: the bassline for the last chorus is really really damn good! i always have to listen to the solo for The Fly multiple times because it goes by too fast.

I have a 6cd changer full of U2 in my car and i listen to it all the time. Its funny that the odd time that i do listen to the radio, and a song like Streets or just recently COBL comes on the radio it really seems to move me more. Even though i can listen to the full unedited song when ever i want. Does this make any sense :lol:

theedge111 said:
I have a 6cd changer full of U2 in my car and i listen to it all the time. Its funny that the odd time that i do listen to the radio, and a song like Streets or just recently COBL comes on the radio it really seems to move me more. Even though i can listen to the full unedited song when ever i want. Does this make any sense :lol:

It does make sense. When it comes on the radio, you aren't expecting it, so it hits you harder.:wink:

starvinmarvin said:

It does make sense. When it comes on the radio, you aren't expecting it, so it hits you harder.:wink:

it makes sense. when it comes on the radio, i'm just happy that the radio dj had the good taste to play U2 on the radio.

there's a radio station in the southern california area (indie 103.1) that recently played lemon on the radio. can you believe it???? i don't know if i've EVER heard lemon on the radio.

the thing I love about u2 is that I can listen to the same songs over and over and never get tired of them...you rediscover something new every time.
and I'm so happy when a song surprises you on the radio! ( I know that there are a lot of people hearing it at the same time so I don't feel like a freak :wink: )

xtihn said:

that recently played lemon on the radio. can you believe it???? i don't know if i've EVER heard lemon on the radio.

the same thing happened to me,it was a remix but still lemon.
I was very surprised to hear Dancing barefoot ( u2 were 'the artist of the week' so they played THAT song on the radio)

I was in tears when I heard the guitar at the beginning of 'Streets' in Cardiff...not flowing, but you know, watering eyes...THAT'S how amazing it was :drool:

sometimes i can't listen to anything else...........U2 are just everything in the music, their cd's are like jewels for me............. i never get tired of listening to them for times and times

I am seeing them for the first time in Toronto and I know I will be very emotional when I hear streets, I am sooo looking forward to that!!!!

any of the edge's guitar solos gives me a high. actually, it gives me the chills...

i usually get chills when it's cold, when something's scary, or if i hear really really good music. don't ask why...i donno. :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom