Devil's Beef Tub, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you later, cin! :wave:

And Bonnie, no need to panic. FSTDT is back.

Seeya later, Cin! :wave:

Ax, I'm having a look at a thread on Christianforums.com about Jesus drinking wine, and it's actually not giving too many lols. Most of the people seem more or less reasonable and acknowledge that seeing the consumption of alcohol as a sin is just tosh invented by recent fundamentalists. Although most seem set on thinking that God, rather than the Mesopotamians and Persians, invented wine.

Ax, I'm having a look at a thread on Christianforums.com about Jesus drinking wine, and it's actually not giving too many lols. Most of the people seem more or less reasonable and acknowledge that seeing the consumption of alcohol as a sin is just tosh invented by recent fundamentalists. Although most seem set on thinking that God, rather than the Mesopotamians and Persians, invented wine.

Don't tell me there's been a turn towards sanity. :ohmy:

Though I'm sure the evolution/creationism forum is still a madhouse.

By the way, this is in the administration queue on FSTDT. No idea if it'll actually be successfully approved, but I thought you'd appreciate it anyway:

Your assumption that, people no longer believe in the Gods of Olympus because science has proved them wrong, is false, ignorant and possibly intolerant.

People still do believe in the Gods and not just as symbols but as real divine beings and by the way Zeus is God.

Your understanding of the issues involved is abyssmal, but thats not your fault, we are after all living in the Age of Iron, according to Hesiod.

Material philosophy, what you call science, is only one philosopical tradition among many. It has much to offer in terms of an explanation as to why things occur the way they do in the world but Materialism fails to answer satisfactoraly the most pressing questions we face as sentient beings. Questions relating to existence itself especially living sentient existence and issues relating to this such as ethics.

In my opinion only an Idealist philosophy can do this because only an idealistic philosophy asserts that mind precedes matter.

Zeus is the eternal cause of thunder not the material cause. Science can tell you 'what' happens to matter when a thunder storm occurs but it can't explain 'why' there is such a thing as thunder in the first place.

Don't tell me there's been a turn towards sanity. :ohmy:

Though I'm sure the evolution/creationism forum is still a madhouse.

By the way, this is in the administration queue on FSTDT. No idea if it'll actually be successfully approved, but I thought you'd appreciate it anyway:

Hahaha, yeah, you still get some pretty weird pagans. I know a few of them.

So, shall we kick on to the new thread so you can make that thread you want to make, Bonnie?

The Christianforums music section isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be, either. Sometimes you do get nice thread titles like "Is it bad to listen to Led Zeppelin", and I also appreciate the fact that forums are divided into Christian and secular.

The Christianforums music section isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be, either. Sometimes you do get nice thread titles like "Is it bad to listen to Led Zeppelin", and I also appreciate the fact that forums are divided into Christian and secular.

Yeah, the music section tends to be fairly tame. But have you ventured into the teen section yet?

The lulz, oh the lulz.

I'm afraid my boss may not have been able to get herself out of bed this early after all :lol: I wasn't about to leave til I knew she was there first, and she hasn't replied to my text :lmao:

"You seem to be confusing homosexuality with unprotected sex. Unprotected sex has harmed many. Homosexuality on the other hand harms no one."

This isn't what I expect on an entirely Christian forum.

"You seem to be confusing homosexuality with unprotected sex. Unprotected sex has harmed many. Homosexuality on the other hand harms no one."

This isn't what I expect on an entirely Christian forum.

My god, what's happened to the place!

Has the person who posted that been called out as a heretic by ten different people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom