Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May or may not have Nazi ties as well.

tie_zpsf158276e.jpg

Ashley is dedicating the weekend to hers, so hopefully we'll be nearing the halfway mark on entries by Monday.

The best part of running this is receiving the lists. The master list threads are cool but the surprise ends really quickly.

I would like to move this along, but I only have 4 lists, including my own.

Mine is finally done, I think. I just need to format the whole thing, change files over to mp3, make some art to accompany it, etc.

Forgive me if this is a nitpicky question, but if I'm using a officially released radio edit/single mix of a song, do I indicate this parenthetically in the title? And do I still credit it to the album it's from (in a longer version) or repeat the title so that the single itself is the "album"?

Fun fact about my playlist (barring any changes): there is not a single song released before the year 2000.

nice, same for me. i had a couple 90s songs but ended up switching them out.

so the first 10 or so songs in my list are locked down, but from there i'm being indecisive. gonna listen to the current iteration today. also still need a title and an album cover. but i should be able to finish it by monday.

Forgive me if this is a nitpicky question, but if I'm using a officially released radio edit/single mix of a song, do I indicate this parenthetically in the title? And do I still credit it to the album it's from (in a longer version) or repeat the title so that the single itself is the "album"?

Denote that it's a different mix then credit the single release.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm sure most here will know the Invisble (Red Edit) you incorporate is different from the track thats on U2's new double album.

Denote that it's a different mix then credit the single release.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah, this.

If the mix is also available on a popular compilation, I typically credit that instead of the single release (if someone really loves the track, it's easier to find), but that's not a requirement or anything.

Lemonmelon, I emailed you my list. Just want to make sure, did you get it? And are the pics in an ok format and is my music file done ok? Sorry, it's been a while since I have done a DI.

Lemonmelon, I emailed you my list. Just want to make sure, did you get it? And are the pics in an ok format and is my music file done ok? Sorry, it's been a while since I have done a DI.

Should be just fine. Believe me, you're not the first to have their music file out of sequence.

I'm working on simultaneous playlists, though I'm conflicted which way to go. It's either going to be a themeless collection of personal favorites, or a darkly-themed, edge-of-cracking type of music.

Any preferences?

If I'd stuck around, mine was going to be a themeless collection of personal favourites - much like the original DI I lists were.

Back
Top Bottom