DC, Charlottesville, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver Pre-Sale & General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I already used my presale code for the Dublin show, I had to wait until the 10am onsale today and be in with the masses. No problem! 10:01 I had four tickets for the Charlottesville show. Woo!

What's better than a U2 show and plenty of winery tours?

Since I already used my presale code for the Dublin show, I had to wait until the 10am onsale today and be in with the masses. No problem! 10:01 I had four tickets for the Charlottesville show. Woo!

I got two GA's so easily this morning at 10:05 am (bad internet connection)!

Wine and U2 here I come!

it took me a few tries but got one GA for a friend for VA. I had it by 10:10am.

Me, too--that went unexpectedly well! Plenty of wineries within a 25-mile radius, not to mention Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. See it if you get a chance!

Is anyone even buying tix for c'ville other than a few of you here? I can still pull up 8 seat together in all price ranges. I'm not quite sure why the band would play Washington and C'Ville anyway (only about 2 hours away from one another). Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If anyone wants to go to C'ville though and get great seats, doesn't sound like you'll have too much competition for tickets. I feel bad that it's not sold out though :(

My friend got another membership and got us GAs. Neither one of us could do the general sale today because we both worked.

Is anyone even buying tix for c'ville other than a few of you here? I can still pull up 8 seat together in all price ranges. I'm not quite sure why the band would play Washington and C'Ville anyway (only about 2 hours away from one another). Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If anyone wants to go to C'ville though and get great seats, doesn't sound like you'll have too much competition for tickets. I feel bad that it's not sold out though :(

Now you can't get even doubles in the $55 dollar range, only singles are available. The only multiples left that are less than $250 are behind the stage at $30 and $95. Only 15% of tickets were at the $250 price. This means the vast majority of tickets have been sold. The capacity is at least 62,000. The size of Charlottesville is only 45,000. Metro area is only 200,000. They have probably sold 54,000 of the 62,000 tickets available. very impressive given the area's small population.

Do you realize, U2 has only played 5 shows in the United States before this tour to 60,000 or more people? So far, Charlottesville is by far the most impressive sales performance of the entire tour, including Europe, once you adjust for the population size of the area. Most people were predicting the stadium would only be half full by show time at best. With so few tickets left, and 6 months to go before the show, it will likely sellout.

Seems like a no-brainer for people who live in Washington to go to this show in addition to the Washington show...at least I know I would...lol. I'm just surprised that you can get any tickets at all since it's so close to Washington and a huge population to draw from...

Seems like a no-brainer for people who live in Washington to go to this show in addition to the Washington show...at least I know I would...lol. I'm just surprised that you can get any tickets at all since it's so close to Washington and a huge population to draw from...

The only stadium show that U2 ever soldout in Washington DC in less than one day was the first stadium show on ZOO TV. While DC is big, U2 have never played to 92,000 people at one show before in the DC area. ZOO TV was 97,000 people over two shows. This is not like selling out an arena which only holds 19,000 people. Were talking the biggest shows U2 have every played in their career in the USA with this tour.

Prior to U2 360, U2 have only played to a crowd of 60,000 or more people 5 times in the United States and 3 of those shows were actually not sellouts.

Peculiar: I tried to buy 2 General Admission tickets to Charlottesville and the site said they were sold out. But when I simply selected "best available" at the $55 range, up popped some General Admission! Odd.

Waaiiittt.... I thought you already got seats for this one? :D
So are you doing GA instead?

Decisions, decisions....I now have two section 105, Row C tickets and 2 GA's. I really want to do GA but my husband and best friend are whimps. So, they can have the seats and wave at me in GA. I'll let you know if my other GA is an extra ticket. Charlottesville isn't that far for ya. :wave:

Decisions, decisions....I now have two section 105, Row C tickets and 2 GA's. I really want to do GA but my husband and best friend are whimps. So, they can have the seats and wave at me in GA. I'll let you know if my other GA is an extra ticket. Charlottesville isn't that far for ya. :wave:

Charlottesville is not that far indeed... hmmmmm... I can be easily persuaded... LOL! Yeah, let me know if you can't find any brave soul to go GA with. I am hoping they will do a weekend show there...

The only stadium show that U2 ever soldout in Washington DC in less than one day was the first stadium show on ZOO TV. While DC is big, U2 have never played to 92,000 people at one show before in the DC area. ZOO TV was 97,000 people over two shows. This is not like selling out an arena which only holds 19,000 people. Were talking the biggest shows U2 have every played in their career in the USA with this tour.

Prior to U2 360, U2 have only played to a crowd of 60,000 or more people 5 times in the United States and 3 of those shows were actually not sellouts.

Do you work for the band...maybe as the band statistician:sexywink::sexywink:???

I would just like to see all the shows sell out. So I guess the figures would be similar for Europe where there are several UK shows which are not sold out. Have the audiences they've played to there ever been as large as what they'll play to on this tour?

So these figures we're seeing are all good...in fact they're excellent!

I would just like to see all the shows sell out. So I guess the figures would be similar for Europe where there are several UK shows which are not sold out. Have the audiences they've played to there ever been as large as what they'll play to on this tour?

So these figures we're seeing are all good...in fact they're excellent!

European audiences have been larger than US audiences in the past for individual stadium shows. But, because U2 is playing the round or in 360 on this tour in the football stadiums, these will also be the largest U2 shows in Europe to this point, with the exception of Reggio Emilia Italy in September 1997 that was attended by 150,000 people. To this date, that show on POPMART is still the largest concert ever by a single artist where people had to purchase a ticket.

I'm gonna try GA for L.A. in case they might have some, even though I was too late for one in the presale. Ugh!

I only need one, so hopefully, if they were holding any, it will be easier to get a single ticket.

I got 2 seats for DC in the presale, I'm saving my other 2 presales for the next leg....so I'm trying for 1 GA for Charlottesville tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I got 2 seats for DC in the presale, I'm saving my other 2 presales for the next leg....so I'm trying for 1 GA for Charlottesville tomorrow. Wish me luck!
The Charlottesville general sale started on Friday. It was the only one. Sorry.

I'm going for two DC GA tomorrow.

The Charlottesville general sale started on Friday. It was the only one. Sorry.

I'm going for two DC GA tomorrow.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That's alright, I guess. I only just decided today that I'd try to go to that one, too. I'll put a request in the "What do you have/want" subforum and see what happens. :sigh:

^ Yeah I think the GAs to C'ville are long gone, I tried for one pretty early Friday and didn't get it.

I want to try for at least one more show in the gen sale tomorrow but I don't know if there's any point. Ticketmaster's site barely works on my work computer and there is no way I'm asking my boss for more time off just to buy tickets. :lol:

Anyone trying general sale tomorrow? I'm curious to see how hard it will be, and what's available. For ATL especially. :hmm:

I will be trying for two for ATL. I am not sure what I will try for knowing I have spent SO much already on tickets, and still have to pick up two for Vegas. But, if ATL will be my new home by October, I should plan on getting two.

Back
Top Bottom