College Hoops 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEAL said:

Just going off of what people have been talking about, Perle loved his time in Iowa City. He's very fond of Iowa (as he coached there for 6 seasons).

Iowa will open the checkbook for him, so I don't think $ will be a issue. I would take your argument about Big10 vs SEC if this were a football coach, but Big10 has a lot more history/prestige behind it. I will admit the Big10 has been down the past few years.

Again, I don't see it happening, but there's a lot of talk going around right now. Even our sports section today has a front page article on getting Perle.

We'll see what happens. Perle could come out and say I'm staying at Tenn, but he hasn't yet.

You know, I was thinking about this. Yeah, Iowa seems like a huge step backwards to a lot of people. But the Hawkeyes are the team of Iowa. And if you have a tie to the team already, what a goal it would be to get University of Iowa basketball back in the mix!

One thing is for sure, Bruce would have one friggin huge fan base. Hawkeye nation!

go cyclones...:reject: :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

I'm with Bill Simmons on this one: a great TV show would be "Make Greg Oden Smile."

it's another reason why i've soured on oden's potential... he doesn't seem to enjoy what he's doing. they go to the final four and he looks like he's headed for root canal.

:shrug: could just be his personality but at the very least it's certainly quite strange.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm with Bill Simmons on this one: a great TV show would be "Make Greg Oden Smile."

he's probably worried someone will find his birth certificate. he looks older than dikembe mutumbo, and he's older than dirt.

419618963_7dd734db3a.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's another reason why i've soured on oden's potential... he doesn't seem to enjoy what he's doing. they go to the final four and he looks like he's headed for root canal.

:shrug: could just be his personality but at the very least it's certainly quite strange.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this...

He should stay another year to work on facial expressions.

not to be confused with An Ohio State University.

I love how G'town has a chant in Latin, while OSU fans sing songs like, "What's round on the end and 'hi' in the middle--O-H-I-O--Ohio!" :tsk:

georgetown's basketball team has always gotten a bad rap for whatever reason with their accademics... people didn't believe that john thompson got all of those guys to go to class, which couldn't be farther from the truth. heck, patrick ewing even interned on captial hill (thankfully clinton wasn't around yet... rarrr)... mutumbo speaks about 20 different languages, and mourning is highly intelligent himself.

then there's that iverson guy...

Looks like Pearl will be staying at TN (which is what everyone thought). I do know that a lot of TN fans were getting a little nervous.

It's too bad we couldn't have gotten rid of Alford a few years ago and picked Pearl out of Mil-Wisc. Although he wouldn't have come here then either, as he wasn't happy with the way Dr. Tom Davis was let go (Our AD at the time is now at Stanford).

I'd say Dana Altman is tops on the list of coaches now. I hear he's a great x & o's guy, and that would be a huge step up from Alford. Hawkeye Nation needs someone they can get behind, and it's going to be hard to find that one guy. Pearl was it, but it was a long shot....and turned out to be true.

I know Majerus might be interested, but his health, and his mother's health (she lives in Iowa City) has to be a huge concern.

Hewson said:
And you missed the joke.
Google Vice President Dan Quayle.

"Hey, yo, Dick... they're asking about that guy Dan Quayle... yeah, remember him... the guy who couldn't spell potato! Well dad liked him... right... well can you spell potato. Ok, that's good."

BTW - If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Quayle went to DePauw University so fail to see the connection to GTOWN!

bayou12780 said:

BTW - If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Quayle went to DePauw University so fail to see the connection to GTOWN!
The connection was to the Latin in the G'Town chant (notice Utoo's post which said "...G'town's chant is in Latin...", which spawned the Quayle referenced response) which then connects to Quayle's statement about wishing he had taken Latin in school so he could have spoken to the people when he visited Latin America, the potatoe was just a bonus.

These jokes really lose something when all this 'splaining is necessary, so please try and keep up in the future.

Highly unlikely the NCAA semifinals can be as dramatic as the NIT semis were last night.

Headache you passed on attending just for a fantasy baseball draft....big oops there.

Hewson said:
The connection was to the Latin in the G'Town chant (notice Utoo's post which said "...G'town's chant is in Latin...", which spawned the Quayle referenced response) which then connects to Quayle's statement about wishing he had taken Latin in school so he could have spoken to the people when he visited Latin America, the potatoe was just a bonus.

These jokes really lose something when all this 'splaining is necessary, so please try and keep up in the future.

wow, yeah, the whole thing falls apart right at the start since Gtown's chant is not just in Latin... guess that's why I didn't get it! nice try.

Back
Top Bottom