Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tickets for the Oklahoma City show that was moved to November. I'm not thrilled. Who knows what the weather will be like in mid-November. I've braved blizzards and icestorms for U2, but my enthusiasm for Coldplay isn't quite at that level. I'm not buying the "production delays" excuse so I'd like to know what the real reason is. Could be poor sales I guess. I thought the ticket prices were rather high for a band of Coldplay's stature. I ended up buying tickets in the middle price range.

Well, that damn OKC date was one of many that filled a big gap before their two Texas dates. I was hoping to get something in Austin in that gap, but it looks like that definitely won't happen now. I don't think I want to pay over 100 dollars for a ticket to a show in either Dallas or Houston in the middle of the week. Weekend, maybe.

Looks like there probably won't be a Coldplay show in my itinerary this year.

Wow. The Coldplayers were really workin hard this time around!

I wonder if we should be expecting another album of material sooner rather than later because of all these extra tracks?

Except, these days it seems like the "big" bands wouldn't even possibly consider releasing two albums within 3 or 4 years of each other. :angry:

expect another Coldplay album to be released very quickly.

apparently they have lots of leftover tracks,

some "fix you" like anthems too :yikes:

If it's up to the quality of these tracks, I'd welcome a new album that soon. Same with Radiohead, since they're in a similar situation, it seems.

Downloading the retail rip now, then I'll pick up the real thing with The Lady Friend next Tuesday.

No, the first three are my faves, swap R-Hed with REM......................................................................................................................BRANDTS

Wow. I realize what you did there.

R-Brants?

Ive figured out what Lovers in Japan Reminds me of most, it sounds like something Bono would write melody wise and even sounds like Bono at times. If you listen to When I Look At The World these songs are very simular structurally, Lovers In Japan is just slightly faster rhythm. But that song sounds like Bono from the ATYCLB era. Still a good album :) I think A Rush Of Blood To The Head is slightly better though, but this one is close.

My impression so far is that Eno makes this album SOUND really good, and the songwriting is average Coldplay, but there's nothing that's an extremely radical departure from stuff they've done in the past, and there's nothing quite as memorable as "Yellow" or "The Scientist," etc.

In summation, it's better than X&Y, but it's no Red Album. :sexywink:

P.S. Oh yeah, and Chris Martin still really, really, really wants to be Bono. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just pointing out the glaringly obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I totally downloaded this, but isn't this illegal? What's the catch here?

If I hadn't downloaded this album illegally, I wouldn't be going out to buy it tomorrow. :) I needed to make sure I'd be spending my $20 wisely.

EDIT: Shit, it's only being released on the 17th in NA. Guess I'm picking it up on Tuesday, then!

Jeez, the vinyl is only going to cost me a dollar more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom