Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
me tinks so.

the beginning.....has Oasis touch to it.

I loved the X&Y album, esp Clocks........:)

You're incorrect twice, so that's great.

Oasis wishes they could do something as fresh as Viva la Vida. Trust me, it takes a lot for me to call Coldplay fresh, but goddamn.

And Amsterdam pwns everything.

Ah right, dont worry about me, Im from a wee country that is more back and forth than VIPS at Hefners Mansion.

anyhow.....Clocks, SOS, yea, they do sound similar.

but still...to be sure, to be so sure. yes coldplay, comin here, and I cant see them cause me pal aint innerested :down:

what a major bummer! :wave:

Impy, sounds as if you wish the song 'Swallowed in the Sea' happened for real then, ;)

smielephantiy2.gif
smielephantiy2.gif
smielephantiy2.gif

ah man! at lease I can go to heaven saying I really saw pink elephants dance!

:D:D

tell ya all what, see their videos? I thought Talk was a tittly bit strange, and thought that was a stand-in woman for the The Hardest Part (but I love those songs).

Mixes mixes mixes!:up:

I honestly don't know what's going on anymore.

Another great song, but it's not by Coldplay:

Love Me Sexy by Jackie Moon. Check it out.

This album is great... I'm shocked after X&Y that they could be this original. My favorites so far are Strawberry Swing, Lovers in Japan, and Cemeteries of London. You can hear Eno all over this!

P.S. This album, in terms of overall quality, originality and depth makes HTDAAB look like a joke. U2 better have stepped up their game for the new record, cause Coldplay's just given them a run.

Only bad song on the album is Viva La Vida... makes me want to puke.

You realize that is the overall favorite track on the album by most?

Ok? I think it's cheesy, campy, and for the most part it feels forced to me... I don't like the lyrics, and I think it's a weak track. Some of the synths are cool... but doesn't save it. I'm not hating on anyone else for liking it, I just don't see it myself.

Ok? I think it's cheesy, campy, and for the most part it feels forced to me... I don't like the lyrics, and I think it's a weak track. Some of the synths are cool... but doesn't save it. I'm not hating on anyone else for liking it, I just don't see it myself.

I agree it does sound forced and is the second worse song on the album, trying too hard for that rousing chorus. Violet Hill is the only track I skip as its pretty crap. Shame really as the album is fairly good. Death and All his friends is a really great song.

Some extraordinary quotes 'ere:

From Coldplaying and the Daily Mirror:

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has compared his group's new album to U2's The Unforgettable Fire.

Martin told The Telegraph that their album Viva La Vida, which is released this Thursday (June 12), is comparable to U2's fourth record. "I always view our albums in terms of U2 albums," he said. Viva La Vida is our Unforgettable Fire in that it's less straightforward, more oblique. It's about sex and death and love and fear and travel and illness. There's light and there's dark."

Despite Coldplay's albums achieving huge sales, Martin admitted that he doesn't think his group is the best in the world. "The best bands in the world today are probably Arcade Fire and Sigur Rós," he said. "I think Coldplay is only the seventh best in the world."

Meanwhile, Chris Martin has admitted that he has singing lessons. "Why wouldn't I want someone to bring out the best in me?" he said.

Interesting.

Christopher also reckons that the idea behind Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is that we (the listeners get to decide what the title is called). Interesting.

Well if its up to me "Death and all his friends" is by far the better song, so I would say thats the better title for the album!

Some extraordinary quotes 'ere:

From Coldplaying and the Daily Mirror:

Interesting.

Christopher also reckons that the idea behind Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is that we (the listeners get to decide what the title is called). Interesting.

I love the album and all, but Martin really needs to stop with the ridiculous U2 comparisons. He's just shooting himself in the foot when he does that. I understand he admires them, which is great, but admire them from a greater distance.

At least he recognizes other good bands, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom