Chicago will see "Until the End of the World"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
It was played flawlessly at Hall of Fame. It fits great within the rock sentiment of the tour. I guess the boys put it to rest for awhile because they've been playing it constantly since 1992.
Even Matt from atu2.com mentioned in his column today:
"Word on the street is that "Until the End of the World" will be making its Vertigo Tour debut before the first leg ends at the end of the month."

So, all you End of the World lovers, fear not.
What I hope for is the last three AB songs. Now that would be SENSATIONAL.
:drool:

Out Of Control, I Will Follow, and Stuck might also show up too.

Possibly Crumbs, too.
Walk On is also a possibility, since it was rehearsed in Vancouver.
And at least one song from Zooropa and Pop, please!

I'll be at Chicago opening night...can't wait to fill you in on the details.

5 days and counting!!! :rockon: :hyper: :applaud:

This is me when i read UTEOTW might be played again-->:hyper: :dancing:

I'm going to Boston so hopefully they play it there!

UTEOTW is coming, will it be Chicago? Possible, but I think its less likely now with the DVD shoot happening.

I think it will either be done at one of the last 2 Chicago shows or at one of the NJ shows.

Stuck isnt going to be played anytime soon at least. I dont think Crumbs is going to be done anytime soon either. Maybe the 2nd leg or 3rd leg.

Blue Room said:
UTEOTW is coming, will it be Chicago? Possible, but I think its less likely now with the DVD shoot happening.

I think it will either be done at one of the last 2 Chicago shows or at one of the NJ shows.

Stuck isnt going to be played anytime soon at least. I dont think Crumbs is going to be done anytime soon either. Maybe the 2nd leg or 3rd leg.

What DVD shoot? :eyebrow:

That, and Crumbs.

Add those two to the sets, switched with whatever song they'd like, I don't care, perfect setlist for me.

Phoenix:

Check out www.atu2.com (@U2) or U2tours.com for new about Hamish Hamilton, director of Elevation Boston, having been secured to direct a DVD-shoot at Chicago.

He has apparently been at recent shows, and there was some sort of trial filming that happened in Vancouver.

broken toy said:
Phoenix:

Check out www.atu2.com (@U2) or U2tours.com for new about Hamish Hamilton, director of Elevation Boston, having been secured to direct a DVD-shoot at Chicago.

He has apparently been at recent shows, and there was some sort of trial filming that happened in Vancouver.

Interesting. I thought they would've waited till near the end of the first leg to do a DVD. Granted, I dont care when they do it, just as long as Bono's voice is in good form and the band are on top of their game.

I have a feeling that Zooropa is going to pop up in Chicago. Along with Exit, Playboy Mansion, Fast Cars, and Mercy. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get annoyed when someone makes prediction that might be based on a some rumor and some truth then everyone else chimes in on their predictions/desires for the additions/changes to the setlists? Half the threads on here are the same thing. Alright I'm done with my :rant:

OffAxis said:
I have a feeling that Zooropa is going to pop up in Chicago. Along with Exit, Playboy Mansion, Fast Cars, and Mercy. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get annoyed when someone makes prediction that might be based on a some rumor and some truth then everyone else chimes in on their predictions/desires for the additions/changes to the setlists? Half the threads on here are the same thing. Alright I'm done with my :rant:

I completely agree. However, I also heard that their going to play Acrobat twice in one night, ala Vertigo in Seattle. There will also be a video shoot for it the day after the show. :rolleyes:

PhoenixGNX said:

I completely agree. However, I also heard that their going to play Acrobat twice in one night, ala Vertigo in Seattle. There will also be a video shoot for it the day after the show. :rolleyes:

I just saw that you are located here in S.F. You going to Snow Patrol by any chance tonight?

OffAxis said:

I just saw that you are located here in S.F. You going to Snow Patrol by any chance tonight?

I was going to, but I've been spending an assload of money lately on concerts. I got my buddies bachelor party coming up in 3 weeks in Vegas, so I need to scale it down for a bit :mad: lol

PhoenixGNX said:

I was going to, but I've been spending an assload of money lately on concerts. I got my buddies bachelor party coming up in 3 weeks in Vegas, so I need to scale it down for a bit :mad: lol

Vegas baby, Vegas!

swingcool.jpg

Understandable, about the money though. It seems like everyone is coming to the bay area in the next few months. I'm going broke. What upcoming shows are you hitting? Me I'm going to...

Luce/Tremolo - Independent
Jimmy Eat World - Henry Kaiser
Mae - Slims
Aqualung - GAMH (maybe, the whole $ thing)
Marc Broussard - GAMH
Kasabian - Popscene
Kingstreet - Independent

Have you heard Kingstreet? They have a new cd coming out and the three songs streaming from their site are pretty cool.

OffAxis said:

I would love for them to play UTEOTW, but your post made me laugh. Love the sarcsm. :lmao:

Night 3 and 4 of Chicago should bring on the suprises...

I doubt it that we will see much new in nights 1 and 2, since they are recording the DVD and probably want to go with safe setlists.

chicago 4 will have the trio of red hill mining town/heartland/acrobat with the encore being Mercy and the entire POP album:wink:
plus they will debut the album Solar Winter on Hanover Quay that night :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom