Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's crazy...I have another gripe, in that I paid for a full membership BEFORE the tour dates where announced, and I still landed in "Boots."

Me too! That makes me extra angry, because I could have had a shot at NY GAs if I were in the earlier group.

Did you guys post in the wrong category thread at u2.com so they could try and correct it.

Ill add another GA question. Someone who is going to the concert with me has a disability which doesnt allow them to sit for long periods of time (car accident followed by neck surgery). If I was to go would I be able to "hold" a place for her and once she came just have her get in line with me, or would she have to wait the whole time? She can wait but not for more than a few hours. Im guessing its just depending on whos around you, maybe? Its just that I really want to go as early as I can and she cant go at the time I do but I dont want to be seperated from her and end up on opposite sides of the field/stadium. Any advice?

You do know that they let you onto the floor/field very early. Probably up to 2 hours before the show (opening act even starts). However, I don't think people will mind.. Unless the stadium does something like wristbands or something to hold line spots...

eah I've been having the whole debate with my girlfriend about the standing or sitting seats choice--for U2 we didn't have a membership so the choice was easy to buy cheap seats and go to a bunch of shows but I do love the intensity of being up front standing with the hardcore fans while she likes to sit for a few minutes here and there. I guess that's what compremize is all about. I did make her stand for hours at a time for Obama's Inauguration and the Concert on the Mall so I really can't complain.

Ill add another GA question. Someone who is going to the concert with me has a disability which doesnt allow them to sit for long periods of time (car accident followed by neck surgery). If I was to go would I be able to "hold" a place for her and once she came just have her get in line with me, or would she have to wait the whole time? She can wait but not for more than a few hours. Im guessing its just depending on whos around you, maybe? Its just that I really want to go as early as I can and she cant go at the time I do but I dont want to be seperated from her and end up on opposite sides of the field/stadium. Any advice?
I spent most of my GA line time sitting on the ground, and some time in GA waiting for the show to start sitting on the ground too. And I'm young and healthy, though I wasn't the only one sitting. People will certainly understand.

I was just looking at the tour page on U2 .com. Why are the Boston and Chicago pre-sales listed as ended but NY and Toronto are still on? I thought the pre-sale was supposed to go until 5pm today (local time)? Are they sold out for all pre-sale allotted tickets in Boston and Chicago?

But then whats the point of them even having the words there if you can type in anything? :der:

Typing in anything only works when they give you a word thats not a word, like a number or something with symbols.

So if you get: "Adams Instrument",
you have to type "Adams Instrument"

But if you get "Radiohead 90210",
you can type "Radiohead sucks" and it will go through

And if you get "$5&r 776",
you can type "q q" and it will work or "eat me" and it will work.

Yes I think it will really depend on who's near you in line. A lot of lines sort of booted out people or crossed off names that hadn't been there the majority of the day. Now I don't really know how stadium GA works, but if it was an arena show, I would suggest your friend go with you and get a number, put in some time and build rapport with the people around you, and then duck out. Accident or not, at least the lines I've been it, it would NOT go over well for someone to just show up in the afternoon and have a spot without at the very least signing up in the morning. Basically if I were here, I'd make it apparent that I would be putting in the time if I could.

Typing in anything only works when they give you a word thats not a word, like a number or something with symbols.

So if you get: "Adams Instrument",
you have to type "Adams Instrument"

But if you get "Radiohead 90210",
you can type "Radiohead sucks" and it will go through

And if you get "$5&r 776",
you can type "q q" and it will work or "eat me" and it will work.

ah, thanks for that clarification, I was confused :reject:
cheers all!

section 308, row 1 in Boston

$230 plus $50 membership plus parking = $300.

And the seats are on the third tier?

I am not happy!

But you get access to the sweet Zootopia forum! :hyper:

:wink:

I'm sure it will come in handy next US leg. :)

I hope they issue new presale codes for a second US leg...whenever I get an email about some new presale (I wish we'd get an option to increase our limits in the US if we don't need to use a Euro code!) they seem to issue a warning like "don't forget there will be more presales so use your code for the shows you want to go to" or some such.
What if they come 'round my way and I'm codeless :ohmy:
But, they seem to fail to sell out 'round detroit-way, and the economy here is awful and all...

I'm not saying that GA are sold out. I just think the pre-sale allotment is. I just wanted to point out another way to get tickets today. :)

Is there a general consensus of second/third leg shows and unused codes? If I have a Breathe level and after purchasing a pair of tix, I'm waiting for other shows to be added, will my unused allotment still apply later in the tour?

Thanx!
:wave:

Oh, I wasn't responding to you. I was just saying. :)
At least it's just the presale allotment so people in the general sale have a chance.
I'm such a newbie at this. :reject: :doh:

I have mixed feelings about this. Obviously I'm glad I still have a shot at GAs, but they clearly know that the majority of people who paid the membership fee did so in hopes of getting tickets. Is it selfish to think that they should open all tickets up to members and then put whatever is left over toward the general sale? Everyone had equal opportunity to sign up if they really wanted to. I dunno. Presale has its benefits, but I kinda miss the days of the internet general sale free for all (I had a hot hand, baby!), or even the days of lining up infront of ticket master for hours before it opened. If you REALLY wanted good tickets, you could get them.

then again, if I was able to get GA this time around, it would be a different story and I wouldnt be such a baby about it ;)

You didn't buy them, did you? The upper deck at Gillette BLOWS.

That's what I was afraid of with outdoor stadium shows; anything other than lower bowl and field, and you're screwed.

These are front rows, though, you could maybe hang a large sign/banner over the railing.

She tells me she would rather pay $250 dollars for a seat so she can sit down for the show. :shocked:

I have such fear that I'm going to end up near people who are going to piss and moan at me to sit down. On the one hand, I don't want to be rude and ruin it for anyone else .... on the other hand, it's not a freaking Michael Buble concert!

I have an uber-expensive seat for Chicago, and you can damn well believe I will not be sitting down once the music starts.

Unless I break an ankle, but I'll just make my friends prop me up instead. ;)

I have such fear that I'm going to end up near people who are going to piss and moan at me to sit down. On the one hand, I don't want to be rude and ruin it for anyone else .... on the other hand, it's not a freaking Michael Buble concert!

I have an uber-expensive seat for Chicago, and you can damn well believe I will not be sitting down once the music starts.

Unless I break an ankle, but I'll just make my friends prop me up instead. ;)

When I went to the secret show in Boston, there were these people in front of me who kept giving me odd looks because I was getting so into the music. :rolleyes: I ignored them and kept doing my thing. :lol: Eff em! You paid for the seat, and you're there to have a good time!

Back
Top Bottom