Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the morning?! :confused:
I wouldn't think that it would be way too late. :shrug: I mean, if you got there at like 4 in the afternoon, that might be too late.

Yeah 6 in the morning...I thought that was 2 late?:huh:

I need to ask some more experienced ppl :hmm:

Okay then:

QUESTION FOR THE "EXPERIENCED" U2 FANS: IS 6 IN THE MORNING TO LATE TO GET ONLINE FOR GA (N.J)

There, I asked it...

I might have to try the 'type anything' deal lol...I have indeed noticed that often I will mistype and it goes thru anyway. But sometimes I'll mistype and it will give me the error message! I don't get precisely what the parameters are...perhaps the scientific types among us might run the required experiments some time:wink:

I'm really sorry for the people who didn't get what they were looking for, and wish you much luck in the next on-sale...

I didn't interpret what he said as being able to type anything, just not having to type the # part exactly as it appears.

I am satisfied that there were GAs offered for the Chicago boots sale. No I did not pull a single one, but I'd be more pissed if NO one got any. I am not surprised I didn't get one. I've never pulled a SINGLE GA ticket for any U2 sale on Ticketmaster ever, with the exception of the re-sale of Hawaii tickets (needed 1 GA and got it).

Okay then:

QUESTION FOR THE "EXPERIENCED" U2 FANS: IS 6 IN THE MORNING TO LATE TO GET ONLINE FOR GA (N.J)

There, I asked it...

Well, last time I got in line around 6am for a Chicago arena show. I was #73 I believe. We did not get the lottery into the ellipse and were on the second row, outside rail.

So yeah for a stadium show I would think 6am is plenty early. Depends on where you want to be though, and if you want to be guaranteed that spot.

But then whats the point of them even having the words there if you can type in anything? :der:

It has to be close, but they'll give you credit for being a human if you only get a couple letters wrong. I've messed up a couple times, but they can be really hard to read sometimes :scratch:

Well, last time I got in line around 6am for a Chicago arena show. I was #73 I believe. We did not get the lottery into the ellipse and were on the second row, outside rail.

So yeah for a stadium show I would think 6am is plenty early. Depends on where you want to be though, and if you want to be guaranteed that spot.

Thanks! I would like to be as close as possible, #73 in line doesn't sound bad at all!

Chicago...hrm, can't b that different from NJ!

I have been bouncing off the walls since the sale, so I didnt post what I got :D I logged in right @ 6 and got through immediately for 4 GA for Foxboro/Boston then proceeded to break a lamp :drool:!! Its thanks to you guys for letting me know the sale was tonight for Boots members. I signed up last night but never got an email so I assumed it was day 1-horizon, day 2- breathe and day 3- boots. I NEVER would have tried getting tickets tonight if it wasnt brought to my attention because I still never got an email. I thank those who brought it up to me! Back to bouncing off the walls for me!

6am is early for European Stadium tours depending on country - have done > 20 GA in Europe arriving 8-10am will still get you in the first couple of hundred and a great position irrespective of lottery

Okay then:

There, I asked it...

No it's not. I slept outside for the final Elevation show in Miami on the grass. Not by choice...but when I landed in from Toronto with Gabrielvox....I didn't have a hotel to go to until the AM.

So it's possible.

No it's not. I slept outside for the final Elevation show in Miami on the grass. Not by choice...but when I landed in from Toronto with Gabrielvox....I didn't have a hotel to go to until the AM.

So it's possible.

Okay...thanks :D

Just don't want to f this up, know what I mean? I STILL NEED TO GET GA!

Will we even be able to get into line as early as 6AM for stadiums like Foxboro? Or can we stay out on the street, because I'm not sure how early they will open and let people into the parking lot area

Okay then:

There, I asked it...

So it's possible.

I was in line at 10 am and was #149 in line for Toronto Elevation. I got into the heart, and I plan to go around the same time, this time around. I figure if I'm not lucky enough to get in the claw (is that what we are calling it now?) there is enough milling around before the show that I'll get close to the outside barrier.

I really wish i had GA tickets, but you really have to camp out 6am in the morning to get in the "claw??"

I mean i just bought two tickets at soldier field for second level kinda behind the stage or whatever.... and i really want to get GA tickets instead.... but is that like impossible?

Okay then:

There, I asked it...

In NJ? You probably want to get there the night before if being in the first row is imperative for you. Otherwise, I think you'll get in no problemo by getting there 6 AM.

Saw Mark's comment re: Miami Elevation - he's right, we did sleep under the stars but that was in Miami on a clear night and I think we did it on purpose as we knew a hotel that night would be useless. Well that was my thought anyways lol. And it was the final Elevation show, so we were hardly alone, I think we were 53-55 or so at like 10 PM the night before the show. :reject:

Toronto in September is nice. I still go camping up north that time also so sleeping out or with some temp shelter is doable. Layers are your friend as it will get really warm the next day and you'll want to peel some of for sure ;)

Anybody know about soldier field GA tickets? Can i still get 2 when they go on sale for the public or is it sold out for good??

&& and is waiting in line in the morning still a way to get in the "claw?" I would really like some help please this is all news to me i never been to a U2 concert before..... :'(

In NJ? You probably want to get there the night before if being in the first row is imperative for you. Otherwise, I think you'll get in no problemo by getting there 6 AM.

Saw Mark's comment re: Miami Elevation - he's right, we did sleep under the stars but that was in Miami on a clear night and I think we did it on purpose as we knew a hotel that night would be useless. Well that was my thought anyways lol. And it was the final Elevation show, so we were hardly alone, I think we were 53-55 or so at like 10 PM the night before the show. :reject:

Toronto in September is nice. I still go camping up north that time also so sleeping out or with some temp shelter is doable. Layers are your friend as it will get really warm the next day and you'll want to peel some of for sure ;)

Night before? Hrm...not sure if thats gunna work out...

But I'm tall, 5'9...so as long as I'm in the first couple of rows I'll be a very happy camper! :D

Can't believe these shows are six months away! Plenty of Bruce for me until then but its always a bit of a buzzkill to buy tickets and then realize a full baseball regular season will 95% come and go before I get to go to the show.

ok a bit OT here, i was just telling a friend about Toronto, and how I got my tickets. She couldn't understand why I would pay to stand in line for several hours and then proceed to stand in a field.

She tells me she would rather pay $250 dollars for a seat so she can sit down for the show. :shocked:

I know not everyone needs GA. But to sit through a concert???? :coocoo::no:

ok rant over thank you for ur time lol.

oh one more thing she says she's now planning to try her luck on Monday too. 500 bucks for 2 tickets? and she calls me 'privileged' for purchasing a membership! (jealousy i tell you! it's all jealousy lol)

Back
Top Bottom