Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm offended by how warm it was yesterday. Where's winter gone already. :(

What'd you get up to?

This was me today

CPK8pWWUYAEa9yM.jpg

Went on a winery tour of the Yarra Valley, pretty mindblowing stuff. Some of the wines I had were just awesome. And I wasn't even gonna eat this cheese board (I am a staunch Kraft man, as in the only cheese I have ever bought is the block or the singles) but fuck me it was delicious. Maybe I've been wrong all this time.

What'd you get up to?

I'd tell you if I remembered! :lol:

The dangerous consequences of starting an evening with free alcohol.

I am a staunch Kraft man, as in the only cheese I have ever bought is the block or the singles

This is the most friggin' Cobbler thing I have ever read.

Cheese is pretty much the best.

Welcome to the good life, Cobbler.

Perfect day down here, walked up to the farmer's markets and bought some tasty produce, weather is absolutely stunning, sat in the sun and had a cheeky pilsner over lunch.

This is the first weekend in ages where I haven't got anything planned and I'm sort of not sure what the hell to actually do with myself. Especially since I got through all my housework and stuff really quickly.

So I've just gone down the Wikipedia rabbit warren, because I'm just too cool.

I have wine and very limited cheese. Let's pool our resources.

I'll forgive you thanks to your good work on B&C this arvo. But count yourself lucky.

Then get yourself some King Island triple cream brie and fall in love with life.

I'm also a fan of Yea cheese. Their cheddar is really distinctive and delicious. Though now that I think about it I haven't seen it around for a while.

I've begun ever so slightly venturing into cheeses lately. They have small wedges under 5$ at the grocery store, so I'll pick them up when I'm of a mind. This asiago I bought is damn good.

it looks like i have a phone interview next week except i have to do it in german? ugh. can't anyone just trust me that i know how to speak the language? i get nervous enough on interviews that i struggle speaking english.

at least since it's over the phone, they won't be able to see any cheat sheets i'd have with phrases written down or anything so i don't spazz out and go "ich...uhh...want no i mean will"

can't anyone just trust me that i know how to speak the language?

Frankly, if I was in their shoes? I wouldn't just trust you... Depends of course if your German has to be 100% fluent for the job as well.

Viel Glück!

Not massivly keen on the Laneway lineup but there's a few acts I know next to nothing about, any little recommendations? Only act I'd go out of my way to see atm is The Internet.

If you ask me this is probably Laneway's best lineup ever, much better than this year's dud. I just hope I know people going. Beach House, Chvrches, DIIV, Grimes, Health, Metz, and Purity Ring will all be awesome.

All those artists don't do much for me at all, so this will be the first one I miss in three years, although to be fair to them I really haven't given them a proper chance.

I thought you'd dig Beach House, Grimes, and Purity Ring.

Not sure about going to this solo though. A gig in an evening is one thing, but an all day festival quite another. But I don't want to bank on sideshows not clashing.

I've done festivals solo or effectively solo. It's quite fine, I'd recommend it :up:

I like but don't love Beach House and I've seen them live before. Grimes I quite like but not enough to go and see. Purity Ring I reckon I listened to that Fireshrines or whatever song once and maybe half their previous album but never dug into.

Thundercat is easily my favourite artist on that list. I'd recommend seeing him if it doesn't clash, the things he can do with a bass are amazing.

Yeah but I think you find it easier to talk to randoms than I do. My default assumption is people are busy in their own groups or want to be left the fuck alone. It's probably wrong, but nonetheless I'm unlikely to strike up a conversation with anyone of my own volition. Not sure I feel like spending a whole day being stuck in a crowd of people I don't know, being constantly reminded I can't find people to drag to gigs (I swear to god almost nobody I know goes to gigs, or they say they will and then flake on me, which has just made me bitter about how unreliable people in general are). It's bad enough standing through the interval between bands on a regular three-band bill.

I think a Thundercat song came up in my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist? But I don't remember it. Good name, at least. Not that I'm into funk, which I understand is what he plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom