Brussels Party thread-Part 3...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vertigo II at Boston III: No complaints, no compliments. For me, it was just there. Honestly, I was worn out and could've really used 40. 40 would've ended that show much better than Vertigo, which is why I think they should've come back out to do 40.

FlyYourKite said:

Exactly. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. It sounds stupid when you read it but I'm sure it's just as rockin the second time live :rockon:

it's bullshit to play a song that you can hardly consider a classic twice when you have 360 songs left on the shelf...oh oh starting to get a little angry...still not bitching they still have time:wink:

djerdap said:
I can live with Vertigo2 if it is an extra song. If it's not replacing "40" or Bad. Or they can do Out of Control or I Will Follow as the closing song. Why a repeat?

Apparently Bono initially called for Out Of Control at Boston III ...

Axver said:
Vertigo II at Boston III: No complaints, no compliments. For me, it was just there. Honestly, I was worn out and could've really used 40. 40 would've ended that show much better than Vertigo, which is why I think they should've come back out to do 40.

I agree. Especially when there was a pause for like five minutes after the second Vertigo, before the lights finally came on. I really thought they were gonna come back out for 40. It was originally supposed to be played anyway.

Okay, gotta run. Hairdresser is calling. Bye all (I'll check back in later)

:wave:

{ooh, what's the radio Brussells guys saying???}

No spoken words said:
I experienced Vertigo II and I admit it, I loved it.

Vertigo II is a great surprise if they play it at the concert. I was at the NJ 5/17 and it was a pretty long encore. After they finished 40 Larry started the drum beat to Vertigo and it was pretty good. I agree they shouldn't do it every night but once in a while it is a nice surprise.

Zooropean103 said:
I just arrived, what's the setlist? Any new songs?...

No: and i think it's almost time to start a Belgium got screwed thread...still they have time to come back for one song

:wink:

U2FanPeter said:
Could you imagine the internet bitching if they played PITNOL twice?
e4961efb.jpg
e4961efb.jpg

phanan said:

I agree. Especially when there was a pause for like five minutes after the second Vertigo, before the lights finally came on. I really thought they were gonna come back out for 40. It was originally supposed to be played anyway.

Same here - I really did think they were coming back, especially as they had stayed on stage from The Fly to Vertigo II, but when Dallas Schoo appeared, I knew the show was over, even though I kept singing "how long" for a while.

OK, I'm gonna leave too.

May more exciting things come for Gelsenkirchen and the forthcoming shows.

tsweeney said:

Vertigo II is a great surprise if they play it at the concert. I was at the NJ 5/17 and it was a pretty long encore. After they finished 40 Larry started the drum beat to Vertigo and it was pretty good. I agree they shouldn't do it every night but once in a while it is a nice surprise.

agreed! that was AWESOME! it didn't replace anything... it came after '40' and felt really spontaneous! :up: Jersey 1 was an awesome show :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom