Breaky Bottom, East Sussex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm calculating stats in readiness for the next thread, our year anniversary, and some of these stats are just ... terrifying for me.

But at least I'm sure they'll make everybody else who charts highly feel pretty good in comparison!

hey guys! just stopping by quickly to say hi.

edit: ax, you're gonna get some kind of sleep disorder by the end of the tour...

:lol: Well good morning then!

:crack: my best friend is acting like a sad twat again. He whines how his date for tonight cancelled and how he's bored. Aka he's whining so I'll offer to come over. I told him I'm tired and I need to practice tonight, and then he goes all annoyed like I drove over his puppy.
Now he blocked me because I told him he's being annoying. :happy:

hey guys! just stopping bye quickly to say hi.

edit: ax, you're gonna get some kind of sleep disorder by the end of the tour...

Renato! :wave:

Oh man, U2 on tour totally fucks up my sleeping patterns. But I'm rather attached to keeping this website of mine as up-to-date as possible ...!

Renato! :wave:

Oh man, U2 on tour totally fucks up my sleeping patterns. But I'm rather attached to keeping this website of mine as up-to-date as possible ...!

is this German show going to start in, like, 20 minutes?

I wonder what channel the show is on. I have 3 german ones.. :hmm:

it's in a channel called ARD here. i can't figure out whether it's at 8pm or 9pm, though. hope it's at 8pm, i have tickets for a movie at 9.15pm...

it's in a channel called ARD here. i can't figure out whether it's at 8pm or 9pm, though. hope it's at 8pm, i have tickets for a movie at 9.15pm...

I have ARD 1, but it shows football right now. I hope that it's the right channel!

What movie are you going to?

I have ARD 1, but it shows football right now. I hope that it's the right channel!

What movie are you going to?

Frost/Nixon. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. I hope it's as good as I think it will be!

Ah, on Ceefax it says something about the Echo's. That should be good :D
it's from 8.15 to 10.45

I just checked on TV - ARD has football here as well and it now shows that the Echo thing will start afterwards.

Yep, they're opening the show apparently. So it's likely just Boots.

Well, at least I'll get to see it. I guess we'll only get some another song when they play at the Paris show on Monday.

Ax - thought about you today. I listened to Passengers in its entirety in the car. What a great album... And it sounded good just after NLOTH.

:hmm: I don't think I've heard about that one, what's it about?

It's about an interview that Nixon gave a few years after resigning. Apparently the interview was one of the most watched TV show ever in the US and it was seen as the public judgement that Nixon never had. The film reconstitutes the interview and what happened behind the scenes. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's good indeed.

Woot! :lol: FINALLY the first use of these German tv channels here!

Same here. I actually saw the Grammy performance in a German channel as well, so I can't complain about German TV! Though I assume that by speaking Dutch you can at least understand bits of German (not at all the case for me)?

Well, at least I'll get to see it. I guess we'll only get some another song when they play at the Paris show on Monday.

Ax - thought about you today. I listened to Passenger in its entirety in the car. What a great album... And it sounded good just after NLOTH.

Yes, I'm looking forward to them doing a couple of songs in Paris. I hope I can watch that ... I've got a stream for the Echo Awards at least.

Ah, awesome! I played the first half of Passengers before bed last night. Easily right up there with the best U2 have done. I adore the soundscapes.

It's about an interview that Nixon gave a few years after resigning. Apparently the interview was one of the most watched TV show ever in the US and it was seen as the public judgement that Nixon never had. The film reconstitutes the interview and what happened behind the scenes. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's good indeed.

Same here. I actually saw the Grammy performance in a German channel as well, so I can't complain about German TV! Though I assume that by speaking Dutch you can at least understand bits of German (not at all the case for me)?

Oh that sounds like an interesting movie. :hmm: I wonder wen it'll be out here.

Grammy's are on way too late for me, I watched that online.
I can understand it, but not THAT perfectly. I haven't had German in 4 years and I never use it so yea, same with French, it's a bit foggy.

I can understand these lotto results perfecty tho! :happy:

Ah, awesome! I played the first half of Passengers before bed last night. Easily right up there with the best U2 have done. I adore the soundscapes.

I can't believe how Passengers is so underrated by U2 fans. The only song that doesn't do much to me is A Different Kind of Blue, but everything else is gorgeous. Even Elvis Ate America doesn't bother me!

Oh that sounds like an interesting movie. :hmm: I wonder wen it'll be out here.

Grammy's are on way too late for me, I watched that online.
I can understand it, but not THAT perfectly. I haven't had German in 4 years and I never use it so yea, same with French, it's a bit foggy.

I can understand these lotto results perfecty tho! :happy:

It just came out here this week, so it should be on screens in the Netherlands pretty soon.

:lol: on the lotto results - I guess these are pretty much universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom