Brandenburg Gate setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should drink my last hot citrus and then the Vitamine C will carry me through the day.

01. Vertigo – they love this song and so do the crowd.
02. Magnificent – mandatory song from the last album. This song has a good emotional range for the night.
03. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – “I have scaled this city walls, only to be with you.” Snippet of Stay in the end.
04. Beautiful Day – crowd pleaser for a special night.
05. Where The Streets Have No Name – special song for a special night.

My little perfect set list:

01. Breathe
02. Get On Your Boots
03. Beautiful Day
04. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
05. Stay (acoustic)
06. Gimme Shelter (with Mick Jagger and German female singer)
07. Street Fighting Man (with Mick Jagger)
08. Vertigo / It’s Only Rock N’ Roll (with Mick Jagger)
Bishop Tutu speech
09. One
10. Where The Streets Have No Name

That would be sweeeeeeet.

My little perfect set list:

01. Breathe
02. Get On Your Boots
03. Beautiful Day
04. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
05. Stay (acoustic)
06. Gimme Shelter (with Mick Jagger and German female singer)
07. Street Fighting Man (with Mick Jagger)
08. Vertigo / It’s Only Rock N’ Roll (with Mick Jagger)
Bishop Tutu speech
09. One
10. Where The Streets Have No Name

That would be sweeeeeeet.

If you read the article is says U2 will play a 4 song set!

Ah I wish I could be there tonight! Looking forward to seeing this show on TV or my computer, hopefully someone will video tape the whole concert if MTV intend on airing only one or two songs! :sexywink: Wishing everyone who's going will have a great time!! :wave:

The last line of this article made me laugh....

''Police say they will be lenient with ticket-less fans ready to run, to crawl, to scale this city wall only to be with U2''

:lol:

Oh to be there :sigh:

Everyone going, have a great time :wave:

The thing with the "wall" is ridiculous, but I guess they worry about security with hundred thousands of people without tickets probably trying to get a glimpse of the band.

Setlist-wise I'm pretty sure they'll play One and Stay and then probably something rocking and something new.

Soundcheck (with band):

Stay - accoustic
One
Desire
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Jay-Z was on stage :huh:)

Gates open at 4 p. m.
Right now it's raining in Berlin.

According to Deutsche Welle (German broadcasting company) due to legal issues the content of the concert can not be transmitted as live stream! :shrug:

And concert is due to start at 6:30 local time.

SOUNDCHECK IN BERLIN:
05 November 2009

U2.com

One (first written and recorded in this very city), Magnificent, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Moment of Surrender were all soundchecked ahead of tonight's show.

There was also a guest appearance on Sunday Bloody Sunday... but our lips are sealed.

All the tickets are gone for tonight's set (6.30pm local time) but there is a big screen which will be showing the set just by the Gate if you're in town...

I think they need to tear down the wall!

Outrage as wall blocks free U2 Berlin concert - Music- msnbc.com

Outrage as wall blocks free U2 Berlin concert
Irony isn’t lost on those being denied chance to see MTV awards event

BERLIN - Fans hoping to catch a glimpse Thursday of U2's free concert celebrating 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall will have to "scale these city walls" after organizers threw up a barrier to block the view for those without tickets.

The move has triggered outrage from Berliners and tourists alike, all of whom see the irony in building a wall around a concert dedicated to the wall that has come down.

"It's completely ridiculous that they are blocking the view," said Louis-Pierre Boily, 23, who said he came to Berlin even though he failed to get tickets.

These four:

One
Magnificent
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Moment of Surrender

They also rehearsed Stay and Desire. I think Stay will be played. They'll probably play more than 4 songs. People with A tickets were able to get in front of the stage, area for B ticket holders is behind the FOS area.

Yeah, I can't see them not doing Stay.

However, it won't shock me if not all songs played are broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom