Boston #4 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely agree with you... I can only go on recordings etc, but it doesn't come off as laziness or karaoke to me, it seems like a really beautiful moment of the audience connecting with the band and each other, and i've really enjoyed it.

it's different when you're there, especially because you know it's the last song.

at Chicago 3 I thought One was pretty damn lame. only reason I didn't leave early was cause they had already mixed it up enough (Gloria, Lucifer's, AIWIY) to give me some hope there'd be an extra song

to no avail

Definitely agree with you... I can only go on recordings etc, but it doesn't come off as laziness or karaoke to me, it seems like a really beautiful moment of the audience connecting with the band and each other, and i've really enjoyed it.

Well, if you like it on the streams/recordings, you'll like it in person.

If you don't want to hear 20,000 people all singing as one (har har), then you won't like it in any scenario.

I'm with you Cori. I love the singalong.

Also, I'm sad that the Troubles appears to be dead.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I still maintain this isn't the case, considering it was on the Boston 2 early draft setlist

I think it'll show up in NYC and be a regular in Europe. they just need to find a slot for it in the new set order

the only thing we can truly consider dead is Miracle Drug, which...is perfectly okay

Adios Boston, on to New York City. The next 8 shows could be interesting. :wave:

TD Garden - Boston, MA - July 15, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
18 - City of Blinding Lights
19 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
20 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
21 - Beautiful Day / Happy Birthday (snippet)
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - One / Invisible (snippet)
24 - "40"

I still maintain this isn't the case, considering it was on the Boston 2 early draft setlist

I think it'll show up in NYC and be a regular in Europe. they just need to find a slot for it in the new set order

the only thing we can truly consider dead is Miracle Drug, which...is perfectly okay

Thought California was dead, but they'll apparently play it when Bono wakes up day of the show and realizes "Hey, this ISN'T California!"

Yep, I agree with this - and IGC is dead too, since it was clearly a one-off. I'm worried WLCTT might be dead too. But I expect The Troubles to be tried again. If it becomes the subject of extensive rehearsals before the second leg I won't be surprised.

yep. the Chicago 5 performance was baffling.

if anyone who loves good U2 humor is interested, Axver, myself (@ryannichols7), and some others made a bunch of jokes during the show: https://twitter.com/KevinMFeeney/status/621494474754011140

and there's more to be found

Hahaha that was way too much fun. The premise of baffling moments would make a good thread - which I'd make now, but it's lunchtime here and I'm starving.

Yep, I agree with this - and IGC is dead too, since it was clearly a one-off. I'm worried WLCTT might be dead too. But I expect The Troubles to be tried again. If it becomes the subject of extensive rehearsals before the second leg I won't be surprised.

Hahaha that was way too much fun. The premise of baffling moments would make a good thread - which I'd make now, but it's lunchtime here and I'm starving.

serious shame IGC is dead, as it would work perfectly on the e-stage and they did a decent job with it. WLCTT was extremely effective, crowds loved it, no reason it shouldn't have stuck around. everyone has given up hope on the Troubles but I say no way. it'll be in there soon enough, thankfully.

that thread would be a riot, but interference is so sleepy these days, especially at night, so we'll keep it around

Well yes, that was great - the inexplicable part was ditching it before South America.

So happy for Dayglo!! She wanted Gloria so badly!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thank you! :kiss: It was the red dress. :wink:

(OMG, I have a friend there and all she wanted was Gloria, just once - YES!!!!)

:shifty:

I have been waiting 10 years to hear this song. I missed it by one show on Vertigo and then the bastards played it every night for the rest of the 3rd leg. :angry: Was crossing my fingers after The Miracle ended. I heard the drum beat and absolutely flipped out. :love: All in all, a fantastic show. Gloria, Volcano, Shine Like Stars, and 40 canceled out Stuck. :lol:

I'm so sad it's over. :sad: :(

Last edited:
Someone, bring back Hawkmoon 269!!

this isn't hard to put on a sign. or put on a lyric sheet so Bono can read them off and remember that the song exists:

video

Mothers of the Disappeared will hopefully return in South America, and I'd love to see it live one day. will probably never happen outside SA though.

There need to be campaigns for A Sort of Homecoming and Hawkmoon 269. Judging by Interference and the tweets we get at U2gigs, there is good momentum for both, reminiscent of the sort of momentum that led to Crystal Ballroom and Shine Like Stars. ASOH in particular seems to be in hot demand, and I don't think that's my own personal bias talking - but the fact I want it so much means I'd happily lead from the front with U2gigs.

Back
Top Bottom