Boot, Surprise, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool - the first one looks like it has some other songs I've not minded too.

And yeah, soundboard's preferable. But I'd assume Phish audience boots must be fairly decent quality, what with their taper-friendliness?

The taper section was first brought in in 94 to make sure Paul and Chris (sound engineer and lighting technician) could see the band. Some of them are pretty good (see Live Phish 20 - 35 minute long David Bowie - musical heaven), some are godawful.

Is acquiring officially released things a problem? I have a spreadsheet with over 1,000 boots, so I can get any of those easy, but of the soundboards, most with those three have been released.

Soundboard sets:

05-08-93 UNH Fieldhouse, Durham, NH (Live Phish 18?)

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Mound, Stash-> Kung-> Stash, Glide, My Friend My Friend, Reba, Satin Doll*, Cavern

2: David Bowie-> Have Mercy-> David Bowie, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, It's Ice-> The Squirming Coil-> Big Ball Jam, Mike's Song-> Crossroads-> Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove-> Amazing Grace, Amazing Grace Jam

E: AC/DC Bag

07-15-93 Cayuga County Fairgrounds, Weedsport, NY

1: Rift, Sample in a Jar, The Divided Sky, Mound, Stash, Foam, I Didn't Know, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Leprechaun*-> Runaway Jim

2: David Bowie, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Sparkle, It's Ice, Lifeboy, Possum, Faht, Lizards, Walk Away, Daniel*

E: Chalk Dust Torture, Freebird*

*First time played.

08-14-93 World Music Theater, Tinley Park, IL (Live Phish 07)

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, The Divided Sky, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, It's Ice, Sparkle, Split Open and Melt, Esther-> Poor Heart, Cavern

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Run Like an Antelope-> Sparks-> Walk Away-> Have Mercy-> Run Like an Antelope, Mound, The Squirming Coil, Daniel, You Enjoy Myself, Purple Rain-> HYHU, Golgi Apparatus

E: La Grange

(I have this one. It's a fiery show, although the Antelope really overshadows the rest of the show, the rest of the show is still really good, aside from the godawful opener. :(.)

How long will that stuff last now? You could get drunk on the Inthistowntasticism Ceremony of Most Excellence And Is An Event.

I have a couple of unopened bottles, though one of the opened ones should be fine too.

Could always buy something new anyway. I need to expand my tastes and general Australian wine knowledge.

The taper section was first brought in in 94 to make sure Paul and Chris (sound engineer and lighting technician) could see the band. Some of them are pretty good (see Live Phish 20 - 35 minute long David Bowie - musical heaven), some are godawful.

Is acquiring officially released things a problem? I have a spreadsheet with over 1,000 boots, so I can get any of those easy, but of the soundboards, most with those three have been released.

Ah, righto.

Shouldn't there be torrents or uploads of officially released stuff lying around somewhere? Can't imagine it'd be that hard.

Soundboard sets:

(I have this one. It's a fiery show, although the Antelope really overshadows the rest of the show, the rest of the show is still really good, aside from the godawful opener. :(.)

I love that they did Freebird live. That's hilarious.

And if you have that other one and it's quite good, then it sounds like it might be a good choice ...

Ah, righto.

Shouldn't there be torrents or uploads of officially released stuff lying around somewhere? Can't imagine it'd be that hard.

I love that they did Freebird live. That's hilarious.

And if you have that other one and it's quite good, then it sounds like it might be a good choice ...

Naturally.

The funny thing was they did it acapella. Including guitar solos.

The first set, they're on fire. Aside from the opener and the closer (both of us I just generally dislike), top notch. I'd recommend it, only because I'm totally in love with Esther right now (another rarity!). The second set is, of course dominated by the Antelope, and is a good introduction to the longform instrumental jams, along with a few other classics (Squirming Coil, Mound, Golgi).

It also has a bluegrass section (Poor Heart) and a traditional section (Daniel), both of which were mainstays of the period. However, the traditional song isn't done acapella, which was atypical (they got 4000 people to shut up for Amazing Grace a lot, suprisingly).

If you can find it, go for it.

Naturally.

The funny thing was they did it acapella. Including guitar solos.

The first set, they're on fire. Aside from the opener and the closer (both of us I just generally dislike), top notch. I'd recommend it, only because I'm totally in love with Esther right now (another rarity!). The second set is, of course dominated by the Antelope, and is a good introduction to the longform instrumental jams, along with a few other classics (Squirming Coil, Mound, Golgi).

It also has a bluegrass section (Poor Heart) and a traditional section (Daniel), both of which were mainstays of the period. However, the traditional song isn't done acapella, which was atypical (they got 4000 people to shut up for Amazing Grace a lot, suprisingly).

If you can find it, go for it.

Now that just sounds all kinds of messed up.

Ah, righto, cool. Though a bluegrass section? I doubt I'd be entirely into that.

Now that just sounds all kinds of messed up.

Ah, righto, cool. Though a bluegrass section? I doubt I'd be entirely into that.

Fun, though.

Yah. This was before the unamplified acoustic bluegrass, though, it's quite fast and energetic, the cut verse talks about "fucking the guy up who stole my tape recorder". It's really short, too (two and a half minutes).

I'm out too. Arguing with trolls on EYKIW isn't bringing lulz.

:wave:

Funny, I have to head out in a bit for the exact same thing.
:lol: Well that's a very unpleasant coincidence. Well, it was actually not bad this time, he only looked, said it was fine and asked his assistant to polish me. No hook, no bleeding gums, nothing! At last!
Looks like Edge has gotten a new guitar for COBL?
Not a new guitar, but a new one for the song yes. The Music Rising Gibson Les Paul he got :hmm: 2007 or 2006.
Adam's bass looks pretty fresh, too.

:drool: It's a fuckin' SPARKLY gold Lakland bass. I'm in love with that thing, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom