Boot, Surprise, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Pop? I mean, I'd say WUDM is the most layered song in U2 history. I can't believe what's in there; it's got to be one of the most rewarding listening experiences.

Ah yeah, Pop. I wasn't sure, having not really listened to it recently, but you're definitely right. WUDM, If You Wear... etc.

Ali! :wave:

Yeah, it's pretty interesting like that, and somehow it manages to function cohesively.

And cool, the live appearances are starting to happen. First the Brit Awards on 18/02, followed by Germany's equivalent on 21/02. Can't wait to hear GOYB live.

Have a good night! :wave:

And I have to agree with some folks over on WTAHAN when they say the "let me in the sound" part of GOYB is going to be pretty cool live.

(Already hearing things wrong... thought that was "let me in the song" ... :der: )

(And I STILL haven't managed to hear this bit of Van Diemen's Land that Ax claims is in WUDM.)

*gone*

(Already hearing things wrong... thought that was "let me in the song" ... :der: )

(And I STILL haven't managed to hear this bit of Van Diemen's Land that Ax claims is in WUDM.)

*gone*

Don't worry, you're not alone on either count. I'm surprised how many people think it's "song" rather than "sound", and the VDL thing, you really need to know where it is and be listening for it.

Wow, you still lurk here? Has the sun god become a capitalist?

I'm ignorant, but he agrees?

I need to go to bed soon, I've pissed off about thirty forumers tonight.

Says a lot about him.

And psh, that's a slow night by my standards. :wink:

I'm just enjoying a quiet glass or two of cab sav. Need to consume this stuff while it's still good.

Says a lot about him.

And psh, that's a slow night by my standards. :wink:

I'm just enjoying a quiet glass or two of cab sav. Need to consume this stuff while it's still good.

I'm sort of tempted to sig it.

Oh, that's nice. I'm not drinking today/tomorrow. I wasn't going to drink yesterday/today but it was so damn hot, a beer didn't really seem like the worst thing in the world.

Yeah, but we're talking about Phish here, not U2.

Not imperative to have ATR in the set.

Even so, it's a VERY complex song. It has parts outwardly clashing against each other. They played it once post-hiatus (first show back) and then never again. Hopefully it'll come back.

04-09-93 State Theater, Minneapolis, MN

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Sparkle, Guelah Papyrus, Stash, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Maze, I Didn't Know, It's Ice, The Divided Sky, Cavern

2: Buried Alive, Suzy Greenberg, All Things Reconsidered, Llama, Mound, My Friend My Friend, You Enjoy Myself, My Sweet One, HYHU-> Love You-> HYHU, Possum

E: Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus

05-08-92 The Riviera Theater, Buffalo, NY

1: The Curtain-> Cavern, Reba, Uncle Pen, It's Ice-> Eliza, Llama, Mound, All Things Reconsidered, Bouncing Around the Room-> David Bowie, Memories

2: Wilson-> My Sweet One, Stash, Magilla-> Maze, You Enjoy Myself, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Chalk Dust Torture, Terrapin, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

E: Big Black Furry Creature From Mars

Those are the two with all four in there. I'll go looking for sets with Ice, Mound and Silent.

12 matches, I'll post those setlists in a sec.

I presume you'll prefer a soundboard over an audience?

I'm sort of tempted to sig it.

Oh, that's nice. I'm not drinking today/tomorrow. I wasn't going to drink yesterday/today but it was so damn hot, a beer didn't really seem like the worst thing in the world.

He's still going at it too, like "sarcasm" is a foreign concept to him.

After how warm today was, it's a fairly nice evening, cool enough that red wine doesn't seem uncomfortable. In hot weather, I tend to stay away from reds. Pisses me off that I have two bottles of red open right now.

I need more friends who enjoy a good wine, to share this stuff with.

Those are the two with all four in there. I'll go looking for sets with Ice, Mound and Silent.

12 matches, I'll post those setlists in a sec.

I presume you'll prefer a soundboard over an audience?

Cool - the first one looks like it has some other songs I've not minded too.

And yeah, soundboard's preferable. But I'd assume Phish audience boots must be fairly decent quality, what with their taper-friendliness?

He's still going at it too, like "sarcasm" is a foreign concept to him.

After how warm today was, it's a fairly nice evening, cool enough that red wine doesn't seem uncomfortable. In hot weather, I tend to stay away from reds. Pisses me off that I have two bottles of red open right now.

I need more friends who enjoy a good wine, to share this stuff with.

How long will that stuff last now? You could get drunk on the Inthistowntasticism Ceremony of Most Excellence And Is An Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom